Which type of play style do you do worst against? Poll Included. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who are your worst match ups?

All-Court Players. 1 33.33%
Pushers, Moonballers, Etc. 0 0%
Ball Bashers 1 33.33%
Net Rushers and or Net Players 2 66.67%
Slice and Spin Players 1 33.33%
Serve Bots 1 33.33%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2014, 02:41 AM   #1
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which type of play style do you do worst against? Poll Included.

Disregarding players that are clearly better than you, which players (at your level) do you do the worst against?

I'm an all court player with fairly good tennis smarts, but I literally freeze up against players who use slices and spins and bum rush the net. My chance at going to Colorado Regionals was squandered by an annoying slice net rusher. My other embarrassing defeat came from a Slice Server and lefty forehander.

I do fairly well against pushers, ball bashers, bots, and all-courters, but I suck against players with heavy spin and slices.

Vote and talk about your worst match ups.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.

Last edited by Kowchi : 10-20-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which type of play style do you do worst against? Poll Included.

All-court players is probably my #1

I also struggle with a very competent net player. If someone's a net player but just not good enough, then I'm fine

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Someone started net rushing against me and mixed that in with pushing and I found it tough to deal with. I was 5-1 up in the second set and lost 7-5 . Fatigue played a part as well . I had one the first set 6-1.
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

All court players for me. I am quite well rounded but my serve is a weakness. It's usually around 60 to 70 mph.
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

Has to be people with extreme slice and spin. Ballbashers don't ballbash as well as me, all court players are fine to put up with, pushers I just either push better or ballbash and hit winners, net rushers I simply lob (especially considering kids my age are pretty small, and I hit decent lobs,) and when it comes to serve bots, if they don't have a high first serve percentage. I am partially a servebot, but not because of it's super speed, because of placement and consistency.
Anyways, players with extreme slice are my worst. I'm not very good when it comes to hitting low balls. If someone hits a good slice to my backhand, my shot almost becomes Insta-Error. I just can't deal with slices, I have so many problems returning them, and I my gameplan becomes completely ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Delusionalist the apprentice mod speaks solid truth.
Proud Supporter of: (Favorites in bold, absolutes in full name.)
Roger Federer, Djokovic, Wawrinka, Berdych, Murray, Cilic, Dimitrov, Tsonga, Gulbis, Gael Monfils, Goffin, Karlovic, Benneteau, Rosol, Thiem, Querrey, Gilles Muller, Lleyton Hewitt, Pospisil, Donald Young, Nieminen, DUSTIN BROWN, Troicki, Rubin.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #6
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

The only type of players one ever meets here (at a mediocre club level, that is) are ballbashers, pushers, and the occasional all-courter who tries to hit like Fed. The only spin that exists for 99% of the players here is top, and that doesn't bother me, I can outpush the worst pushers around (and have more junkballing skills than most, as they tend to abuse top and don't deal with slice at all), and I can get around with most all-courters (unless there's a huge difference in game, of course). The only type that would bother me is a strong basher (that's in good form, of course), as I'm easily out-powered.

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem - David Goffin

TT Singles [Rank: #122 / Best Rank: #122] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 - Kaohsiung 14' ]
TT Doubles [Rank: #140 / Best Rank: #140] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi - Busan - Pune 14' ] --> with MachineGun

ST [Rank: #64 / Best Rank: #64] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ]
Pablo23 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote