Djokovic can win a Career Grand Slam? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Can Nole win all 4 majors?

Yes, he can! 42 43.75%
No, he can't 54 56.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #16
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic can win a Career Grand Slam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Well considering he is still young yes..However imo if Novak wins a career GS then it will diminish its prestige & the tour/ experts would have to find other ways to judge greatness, because a career GS would be too common place.
Yes, but if he gets closer to Edberg and Becker's 6 Slams + winning 15+ Masters Series titles, he could be called "one of the greatest", but never the GOAT. He'll have to walk a loooooong road.

How Nole may have lost so many consecutive MS Finals. He should have won 7-8, instead of only 5.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

One more fun and realistic question is: Can Nole take the retirement Career Grand Slam?

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Funk View Post
Djokovic has three things in his way.

Number one: Andy Murray, Rafael Nadull and Roger Federer. With these three playing, he has absolutely zero chance of winning a slam. That Australian Open victory was a stroke of luck for the Serbian. Had Federer not have been infected with mono, he would have lost that match.
[...]

Number three: Is he really good enough to win any more grand slams. Most of the matches I've seen him play have been pretty bad quality and he's been far from great in each.

Thanks again for the laugh, young Scot.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #19
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
One more fun and realistic question is: Can Nole take the retirement Career Grand Slam?
check out the "givens, probables and long shots" thread.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

This topic should be in a separate ultra-advanced discussions forum.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
check out the "givens, probables and long shots" thread.
haha...

Thanks for the hint

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #22
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
3 Problems:

Nadal
Federer
Murray

other than that..NID
Kevin Anderson?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #23
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post

Thanks again for the laugh, young Scot.
I'd like it if you ceased calling me "young Scot".

Or would you like me to call you "25 year old American" all the time?

Now, 25 year old American, care to explain what makes my post so funny, or are you just going to post "thanks for the laugh, young Scot" all the time instead?

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 462-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
country flag Manila ESQ

Manila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond reputeManila ESQ has a reputation beyond repute

He is good enough to win all 4, but the question is "Is he fit enough?" He usually has nothing left in the tank by the second week of a slam.

Ampon Barrientos Mamiit Alcantara Patrombon

Muster Enqvist Verdasco Tsonga
Manila ESQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #25
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila ESQ View Post
He is good enough to win all 4, but the question is "Is he fit enough?" He usually has nothing left in the tank by the second week of a slam.
But doesn't it depend on his first 3-4 matches? In Melbourne 2008, he reached the Final without dropping a set. He also reached 2 more Finals and usually he doesn't have so big problems in the 1st week.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #26
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Well considering he is still young yes..However imo if Novak wins a career GS then it will diminish its prestige & the tour/ experts would have to find other ways to judge greatness, because a career GS would be too common place.
If he won a career GS including Wimbledon with his style of play, then no one can ever say this is a strong era ever again.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #27
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila ESQ View Post
He is not good enough.
His style of play, his fitness and his talent is not good enough.
He's becoming worse and worse and his fitness is starting to become quite bad as well.

He does not have what it takes to win another grand slam, let alone the career grand slam.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn01 View Post
But doesn't it depend on his first 3-4 matches? In Melbourne 2008, he reached the Final without dropping a set. He also reached 2 more Finals and usually he doesn't have so big problems in the 1st week.
Not really.
His fitness is questionable even if he does get easy draws, which he does a lot.
He is still at number three in the world because of easy draws, and he's still gasping after four matches.
He does not have what it takes to win the career grand slam.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #29
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
If he won a career GS including Wimbledon with his style of play, then no one can ever say this is a strong era ever again.
I wouldn't put too much taught into the strong era arguement...those who spread that propaganda have their hidden agenda.They are also the ones that state the slowing down of the courts is false.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #30
country flag vn01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet Funk View Post
Not really.
His fitness is questionable even if he does get easy draws, which he does a lot.
He is still at number three in the world because of easy draws, and he's still gasping after four matches.
He does not have what it takes to win the career grand slam.
Yes, but I started all the thread setting the condition, Nole is fit.