James in 2011 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #181
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James in 2011

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #182
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to a few withdrawals, James is now in the MD for Winston-Salem.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #183
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Cincy R3: James lost to Federer 4-6 1-6.
Federer + lots of unforced errors =

-------------------------------

Winston-Salem draw (3rd Quarter):
Quote:
[6] K Anderson (RSA)/Bye
V Hanescu (ROU) vs. [WC] R Harrison (USA)
M Kukushkin (KAZ) vs. J Blake (USA)
[10] R Haase (NED)/Bye
[14] G Dimitrov (BUL)/Bye
[WC] D Young (USA) vs. M Berrer (GER)
C Berlocq (ARG) vs. A Haider-Maurer (AUT)
[3] A Dolgopolov (UKR)/Bye
Just to note - Roddick and Isner are both in the top half.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #184
country flag mateusz2904

mateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice draw, I think. I hope James won't play many long matches before US Open.

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you"JB

TT SINGLES: 11 Salzburg'10, Barletta'11, Umag'11, Winston-Salem'11, Marseille'12, Nice'12
TT DOUBLES: 12 Bergamo'11, Nottingham (2)'11, Basel'11, Marseille'12, Indian Wells'12, Saint Brieuc'12, Umag'12, Beijing'12, Tyumen'12, Miami'13
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #185
country flag KarlyM

Winston-Salem R1: James def. Kukushkin 7-5 6-1 in 74 minutes.
The first set was so-so. He started the match by getting broken, then broke right back. He got up a break to get to 4-1, but Kukushkin got back on serve. There seemed to be a lot of errors. He obviously got more comfortable in the 2nd set.

He said in the on-court interview afterward that his knee and shoulder feel good. Mal Washington was doing the interview and he mentioned his loss to James in Newport 1999 (James' first ATP win and Mal's 2nd-to-last match of his career). Mal was making some jokes about it saying it was the worst loss of his career and it ended a long ATP losing streak for James (not even true ). James joked back that he thanked Mal's bad knee for the victory.

James' ranking is up +21 to #63!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #186
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

James . Good he's healthy in the knees and shoulder.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #187
country flag mateusz2904

mateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQPsHRUnhE

here's the interview with James from Winston Salem. it really seems that he's done with all the injuries

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you"JB

TT SINGLES: 11 Salzburg'10, Barletta'11, Umag'11, Winston-Salem'11, Marseille'12, Nice'12
TT DOUBLES: 12 Bergamo'11, Nottingham (2)'11, Basel'11, Marseille'12, Indian Wells'12, Saint Brieuc'12, Umag'12, Beijing'12, Tyumen'12, Miami'13
Old 08-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #188
country flag FlameOn

Lost to Haase in R2. Still, Robin's a good player and won a title recently. Nothing too bad.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #189
country flag KarlyM

The stats weren't good - got destroyed on his 2nd serve, didn't win much on return games, and was 1 for 10 on BP opportunities. I hope this was just a bad day at the office (no injuries) and it won't hurt his confidence for the US Open.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #190
country flag KarlyM

US Open draw (opposite end of Rafa's quarter):
Quote:
[5] David Ferrer (ESP) - Igor Andreev (RUS)
James Blake (USA) - Qualifier
Olivier Rochus (BEL) - Qualifier
Adrian Mannarino (FRA) - [26] Florian Mayer (GER)
[21] Andy Roddick (USA) - Michael Russell (USA)
Jack Sock (USA) - Marc Gicquel (FRA)
Denis Istomin (UZB) - Ryan Sweeting (USA)
Julien Benneteau (FRA) - [10] Nicolas Almagro (ESP)
Could have been worse. There doesn't seem to be any big names left after R1 of qualifying - half of the seeds lost.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #191
country flag mateusz2904

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
US Open draw (opposite end of Rafa's quarter):
Could have been worse. There doesn't seem to be any big names left after R1 of qualifying - half of the seeds lost.
could have been worse, could have been better. Ferrer seemed to have some problems. After loss in Wimedon R16 he played two good matches in Davis Cup (against Roddick and Fish), then was in Bastad final (l. to Soderling) and during US Open Series won only one match (Dimitrov in 3 sets in Cincy). It doesn't seem like perfect preperation to the Grand Slam event.

But R1 first. Just hope James won't have any problems there

Old 08-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #192
country flag FlameOn

Good draw for him! He usually does pretty well at the USO. Good luck James.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #193
country flag KarlyM

James' first round opponent is Jesse Huta Galung.

Look who showed up to the Taste of Tennis event last Thursday night...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (64.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (46.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #194
country flag KarlyM

US Open R1: James def. Huta Galung 6-4 6-2 4-6 6-4

US Open R2: James lost to Ferrer 4-6 3-6 4-6

^There are highlight videos in the US Open website links I posted in the scorelines.

Andrew Lawrence at SI did a good write-up following the loss. Highlight of the article:
Quote:
Afterward he confessed that the straight sets clinic was disappointing, but not that disappointing. "I'm going to keep playing until it stops being fun," he said. How close is he to that? "Not close at all."
I don't know what James' schedule is for the fall. He hasn't entered any ATP events yet. Maybe he will go to some of the U.S. challenger tournaments, like the two $100K California events in early October. We'll see.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #195
country flag FlameOn

Oh well, losing to a top 5 player is no shame.