James in 2011 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #166
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James in 2011

It was a close match with Delpo, nothing to be disappointed about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #167
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Washington draw (2nd Quarter):
Quote:
[3] Viktor Troicki (SRB) - bye
[WC] Ryan Harrison (USA) - Mischa Zverev (GER)
Alejandro Falla (COL) - Qualifier
[13] Kevin Anderson (RSA) - bye
[11] John Isner (USA) - bye
[WC] Denis Kudla (USA) - Tobias Kamke (GER)
James Blake (USA) - Tatsuma Ito (JPN)
[8] David Nalbandian (ARG) - bye
I think James can beat Ito if he plays like he has been lately. Nalbandian is a real question mark - hasn't played since losing in Wimbledon R3 to Federer. He missed Davis Cup this month due to a hematoma, and earlier missed the entire clay season for a hernia operation and some sort of thigh muscle injury. Then again, Nalbandian came into this tournament last year as a WC ranked #117 and won, so who knows?
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #168
country flag mateusz2904

mateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond repute

James plays today NB 7pm. He should be fine. But KarlyM is right, we know nothing about Nalbandian. However, I'd give both of them 50% chances for winning.

Guys, I would like to ask you about something. I have some free place on my wall now, so I decided to order a new poster. I decided to put James' photo on. I'm afraid that photos I have found aren't of good enough quality, but still I need your help. Here's the link to the album:
http://mateusz290493.picturepush.com...ke-poster.html
I put there 5 photos and I want you to help me decide which one I should choose. Of course you can show me your suggestions if you want Thanks in advance

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you"JB

TT SINGLES: 11 Salzburg'10, Barletta'11, Umag'11, Winston-Salem'11, Marseille'12, Nice'12
TT DOUBLES: 12 Bergamo'11, Nottingham (2)'11, Basel'11, Marseille'12, Indian Wells'12, Saint Brieuc'12, Umag'12, Beijing'12, Tyumen'12, Miami'13
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #169
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

James won 3 and 3.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #170
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Washington DC R2: James def. Nalbandian 6-2 6-4 in 73 minutes.
I didn't get to watch this, but from what I read, Nalbandian was not 100% and served very poorly in the 1st set. I liked this quote I read from James:
Quote:
"That's the best I have served in probably two years. Today was a whole level better than yesterday, and it had to be."
His opponent in R3 is Isner. They are playing doubles together again tonight vs Fyrstenburg & Matkowski. Here's another good quote from James about John:
Quote:
“We’re practically neighbors. Last time I was home, I was eating breakfast at his house just about every morning. And he’s taken so much food out of my fridge, he owes me a few thousand dollars. We practice together so often that I’ve seen his serve a million times — and it doesn’t get any easier.”
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #171
country flag KarlyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz2904 View Post
Guys, I would like to ask you about something. I have some free place on my wall now, so I decided to order a new poster. I decided to put James' photo on. I'm afraid that photos I have found aren't of good enough quality, but still I need your help. Here's the link to the album:
http://mateusz290493.picturepush.com...ke-poster.html
I put there 5 photos and I want you to help me decide which one I should choose. Of course you can show me your suggestions if you want Thanks in advance
I think the photo labeled "4" would look good as a poster.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #172
country flag mateusz2904

mateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
Washington DC R2: James def. Nalbandian 6-2 6-4 in 73 minutes.
I didn't get to watch this, but from what I read, Nalbandian was not 100% and served very poorly in the 1st set. I liked this quote I read from James:

His opponent in R3 is Isner. They are playing doubles together again tonight vs Fyrstenburg & Matkowski. Here's another good quote from James about John:
Good to hear that James is getting more and more confident about his game And his sense of humour is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlyM View Post
I think the photo labeled "4" would look good as a poster.
Thanks for your opinion

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you"JB

TT SINGLES: 11 Salzburg'10, Barletta'11, Umag'11, Winston-Salem'11, Marseille'12, Nice'12
TT DOUBLES: 12 Bergamo'11, Nottingham (2)'11, Basel'11, Marseille'12, Indian Wells'12, Saint Brieuc'12, Umag'12, Beijing'12, Tyumen'12, Miami'13
Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #173
country flag KarlyM

James received a WC into Cincy. He's in the 2nd quarter of the draw:
Quote:
Federer (3) vs. Bye
Del Potro vs. Seppi
Baghdatis vs. Blake
Fognini vs. Troicki (14)
Almagro (9) vs. Montanes
Karlovic vs. F. Mayer
Haas vs. Monaco
Bye vs. Berdych (8)
But I definitely like his chances against Baghdatis on hard court better than on grass at Wimbledon. Baggy has had a so-so summer this year - lost 1st match in LA to Lu, in Washington he beat both Devvarman and Bellucci in 3 sets then lost to Young, and in Montreal he lost in R1 to James' favorite practice partner. I hope James can win this one. The match is scheduled for Sunday night.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #174
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond reputeTerritory has a reputation beyond repute

Hey is anyone watching James play? Anyone got a livestream link?
Territory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #175
country flag mateusz2904

I'm pretty sure that there's no livestream

Anyway, James has just taken the second set 6-3.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #176
country flag KarlyM

Cincy R1: James def. Baghdatis 3-6 6-3 6-2 in 1 hour 48 minutes.
James was down a break 0-2 in the 3rd, then won 6 straight games. He gets Troicki or Fognini next.

James is also playing doubles again with his favorite fridge ransacker John Isner. () They're scheduled to play Alex Bogomolov and Steve Johnson on Monday.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #177
country flag mateusz2904

Really good win. Fognini is next, so it looks really good. James and John are about to play doubles in a minute.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #178
country flag KarlyM

Cincy R2: James def. Fognini 6-4 6-2 in 59 minutes!
He served good - 73% 1st serve. From what I saw, he was hitting big forehand shots and Fognini was making a lot of errors.

Also, James received 0 ranking points for Cincy last year and it's counted in his "best 18" points total. So whatever he gets this week will be tacked on to his total. The 90 points for R16 will move him up from #84 to somewhere around #65.

Federer is next on Thursday.

Last edited by KarlyM : 08-17-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #179
country flag FlameOn

Great tournament!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #180
country flag mateusz2904

Federer likes playing in Cincy, so it might be hard, but I hope we'll see sth surprising there