Davis Cup - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2004, 08:32 PM   #46
country flag |-Safin_Coria-|

|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute|-Safin_Coria-| has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

oh yeah! the red outfit isn't bad
thanx for postin the pix
|-Safin_Coria-| is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #47
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

i'm so proud of him, i think he will beat mathieu AND i think (and hope) i can add a 2004 part to my signature with the heineken open shanghai. He's playing a qualifier and i think he will win this tournament

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 10:57 AM   #48
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

do you have the draw?
can anybody please post it?
Corinna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:49 AM   #49

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

go to www.atptennis.com and click on the link from there

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Old 09-26-2004, 12:02 PM   #50
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

Ne tough opponants u think from the draw that COULD actually beat JC? Lets hope not though!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:06 PM   #51
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

why did tommy play instead of juanqui?
is he injured?
Old 09-26-2004, 09:33 PM   #52
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that he has pulled out of shanghai due to a bad blister on his hand. I think thats prob why Tommy played.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:38 PM   #53
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the article

The question now is: will Nadal be offered a singles berth in that final? He himself thinks not. "If necessary I can play singles and doubles," he said, "but I think Ferrero and Moya are still favourites to play the singles if they're playing well."

That could be a big "if". Ferrero and Moya are both carrying injuries, Ferrero's right-hand blister is enough to cause him to withdraw from this coming week's tournament in Shanghai, while Moya is struggling with shoulder and knee niggles, as well as damaged confidence following his five-sets defeat to Paul-Henri Mathieu on Friday. They need to play well in the eight remaining weeks of the season, most of which takes place on fast indoor courts which they prefer less than the clay on which they will play December's Davis Cup by BNP Paribas final.

The impression from the weekend was that Nadal might currently be a better clay-court player than Moya. The elder Mallorcan, who is desperate for a Davis Cup winner's medal after missing the 2000 triumph through injury and being on the losing side against Australia last year, is a vastly improved player on faster surfaces but seems to have lost some of his patience on clay.

Spain certainly enjoyed a fair bit of luck over the past weekend. The injury to Fabrice Santoro that prevented him from playing in the doubles turned a match the French were expected to win into a 50:50, and Nadal's brilliance in singles rescued a potentially embarrassing situation when the Spaniards discovered neither Ferrero nor Moya could play on the final day. Ferrero's late withdrawal prompted a decision to put Robredo in against Clement and leave Nadal to face Mathieu, but the backroom staff were too late announcing the switch, so Robredo had to face Mathieu after all. As it happened, Robredo won the dead rubber 64 64 to make the overall score 4-1.

So to the final, and Moya raised an interesting prospect. Asked if he thought the Americans might turn to Andre Agassi for their second singles slot, Moya replied: "It would be great - Roddick, Agassi and the [Bryan] twins, it would be one of the best finals possible. But I don't know if he's going to change his mind right now."
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:46 AM   #54
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

You know, even as a Carlos Moya fan, I'm thrilled Juan Carlos is back.

I love that dude.
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #55

i love him too. I can't believe he pulled out, he had such a good chance to win shanghai. Oh well, just so long as he gets better (geez that sentence sounds like something i've said before)

Old 09-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #56
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

he pulled out NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #57
country flag Corinna

I hope he recovers soon
Old 09-27-2004, 12:18 PM   #58

he will because it's only blisters

Old 09-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #59
country flag Corinna

the teletext in Germany still tells me juanqui would play...
stupid thing
Old 09-27-2004, 03:27 PM   #60
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanqui Lover
he will because it's only blisters

I think he pulled out for more rest to make sure he comes back healthy. After a year of horrible injuries, he should make sure that he comes back correctly and not rush it. I think that's what happened too often this year. He rush his chicken pox to play Davis Cup, messed up at the TMS, tried to rush back, hurt himself, etc. I'm glad he's getting rest. If it means he comes back stronger next year,
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote