Davis Cup - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2004, 07:25 PM   #166
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

I guess the truth is really somewhere in the middle....I dont wish to judge the captains, bcoz they r after all thinking about how the team can win. It would be very disappointing if I start to think that they disrespect someone, especially Juanca, I don't want to see their decisions that way, really. Lets be happy for Spain.
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2004, 07:28 PM   #167
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

of course! woo 4 spain!

cant wait 4 the celebrations 2morrow.

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #168
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

me too!!!
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #169
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma
me too!!!

GET THAT SALADBOWL CARIÑOS!!!!
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #170
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad Corretja isn't around! His uh, "dancing" photos with Ferrero at the celebration in 2000 were classic :red:

Anyways, it sucks that JCF took it in the nuts all tie. I didn't feel bad for him on day one, but I do now.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #171
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin
no im not blaming nadal in the slightest, he dosent pick the team. all he can do is win cos thats what hes been picked for. of course i was upset when i found out he was playing singles instead of jc cos i love jc but if jc was 'injured' (which im not entirely convinced about now) and they chose to play nadal, fine whatever but they could've had the decency to tell jc from the start. not even tell him that he wasnt playing, just that because of his blisters there was a possibility that he wouldnt be playing. but no, they led him along thinking he was def in to play singles until the morning of the draw ceremony. and u guys saw the pictures from that ceremony. he was gutted.

maybe im reading too much into this but thats just my thoughts on this.
Roisin i totally agree with you. It seems to me that they've been totally disrespectful not only to JC but also to Tommy (who as the current number 2 spanish player should have been considered for the singles)
i like rafa and none of this is his fault, he was as suprised as anyone but i have to say i have lost all respect for the DC captains

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:01 AM   #172
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

I too am very pissed off, JC would be having duck and fish for dinner if he had played in the singles, but no, they put him in the doubles where he has an appauling record, especially against the best doubles team. They should show him more respect. Keep the captains away from me because I will kill them for what they did to JC. Did anyone see the match, because I told the guy that was recording it for me to forget about it because I thought Juanqui wouldn't be playing, is JC suffering from any injuries and even though they lost badly did JC's form look ok?

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:43 AM   #173
country flag oxy

oxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond reputeoxy has a reputation beyond repute

i still feel very sad and gutted for juanqui and tommy....arghhhh damn the G3...#$%%^&

JEFF TARANGO: To say what? "Welcome to the locker room. Don't bend over for the soap."
oxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:53 AM   #174
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
Too bad Corretja isn't around! His uh, "dancing" photos with Ferrero at the celebration in 2000 were classic :red:
LOL I know!!! so funny they were

I'm still trying to get over what's been happening in this tie...it's just so bizarre. I can't wait for it to be over and for JC and Tommy to be able to be far away from these bloody captains. Once their names are on the trophy (although JC's is already there anyway) they should tell the captains to shove it and just concentrate on themselves next year. Davis Cup is too political
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:44 AM   #175
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Emilita - can you actually see them doing that? It would surprise me, but I don't know anything about either aside from what we see on tv and read in the press.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #176
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

lol no of course not...I said that's what they SHOULD do, not what they WOULD do
Old 12-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #177
country flag Arwelya

Arwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond reputeArwelya has a reputation beyond repute

They won!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #178
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, it would have been nice if JC had a part on it.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #179
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

yeah...he didn't actually look ECSTATIC in the post-match interview
Old 12-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #180
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

actually... maybe Feli, Fernando, Tommy and JC should all just shove it at the captains and quit DC?

Feli, Fer, Tommy >> all ranked higher than Rafa... hardly ever chosen to play... even when playing... they're bit part players...

maybe Alex Corretja DID shove it to the captain after last year's final?? where him and Feli had to play against Woodbridge / Arthurs? (who were heavy favourites of course)

or maybe I'm just reading too much into what others are saying in various places...? @@
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Olivier Rochus, Paul-Henri Mathieu & Kristof Vliegen
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote