Del Potro Is Back 2011 RESULTS IN FIRST POST - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 AM   #406
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro Is Back - February/March 2011; Miami R2 vs. Kohlschreiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
Well, once again, I have very selfish reasons to want him to run deep in Miami, since I'll be there for a week starting tomorrow. Gotta take a vacation before my big cardiology appointment, get some rest, get some sun (it's supposed to snow here and be cold all week, yuck, I've had it with this weather), decompress since I've about completely lost my mind. I won't be able to take another vacation until sometime in July since we are moving our entire big department in the next couple months, so it was now or July and I will be carried out in a straightjacket if I wait any longer (and I should've went to Indian Wells, that's when my temper was the worst, I bit off a few heads). So, here's to hoping he does well and then has a long vacation, much needed, I'm sure. Oh, and remember, he's won every tournament I've seen him play at. Nah, no pressure at all.
Envy you for that vacation. Really hope Delpo will have a deep run here, and it won't end against Soderling.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #407
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

bad news for Juan Martin....Soderling beat Dodig...so he's waiting for Delpo....definetely he doesn't want to play against Kohli again.....
Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #408
country flag Elbarto

Elbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond repute

Soderling seems to be in bad form ( Dodig led 4-1 in the third set ), he was injured at Indian Wells ( foot injury ), I think Del Potro will be favourite if he beats Kohlschreiber
Elbarto is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #409
Banned!

I think Del Potro will be favourite if he beats Kohlschreiber

won't be easy...hope his serve will improve a lot....should get some cheap points for his tired body
Old 03-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #410
Banned!

daaamn, lost the first set....too bad
Old 03-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #411
Banned!

Good win, but too much depended on the mental strength. He really should improve that seve! This performance won't be enough against Soderling, that's for sure. If he somehow manages to beat Soderling, then would be easier matches until semis. Come on Delpo! Come on Davin, help him on that serve.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #412
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win!
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #413
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent win. VAMOS!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #414
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Del Potro Is Back - February/March 2011; Miami R3 vs. Soderling

And I quote myself:

" Oh man, they should've put this one on TV! You HAD to be there and there were NO seats left. I thought the Delray crowd was rowdy, but THIS had nothing on that. I thought I was at a soccer match, fights about to break out, chanting, heckling, and even someone passing out. Yes, he had an injury time out and had his thigh taped up. The concentration thing, well, could've been the crowd at times, as much as the crowd pumped him up at the very end. I couldn't concentrate, as loud as it was. Not a pretty match, but close to the end, Mugshreiber was unloading f*bombs and complaining and broke his racket. Well worth all the effort for me to get to this one, and believe me it was NOT an easy day for me."

Let's see, no sleep for almost 48 hours by the time this one was played. Had to get TSA violated with the full body scan that might cause cancer sometime in the future (seriously, how much radiation does that thing put out?). I hope they enjoyed seeing my unusual surgical scar that I let no one see except my doctors. I also HATE flying in good circumstances, but my back got jacked up in the uncomfortable seat and we aborted TWO landings due to fog, after the pilot said we might have to land in Orando and take a bus to Miami (quite a long drive, I was almost in tears), we FINALLY had a bumpy landing (not the worst turbulence I've had from fog, but it wasn't fun), then trying to figure out getting out of the airport area, then horrible traffic, parking, just getting there wore me out. I couldn't find my new sneakers that I wanted to wear, so I wore my LA Gear toning shoes, which I suspected jacked my back up last time I tried to wear them (but wasn't sure, now I AM sure), and now I have a big blister on my little toe and my back is so jacked up that I can barely move (I also blame airplane seats and benches and hard seats at the tennis). I am going to go find some new sneakers before I go back to the tennis, lots of walking there. I am also sunburned badly, which I blame Nando for since it was his match I sat there for hours watching him lose (I wasn't cheering for him in the end, anyway). Oh, and the hotel fiasco. You do NOT want to know, but for once, I AM glad I have one hard as a rock bed, helps the bad back, but I won't have it for long. Due to the tennis tourney and a DJ something-or-other in South Beach PLUS the fire at the Miami Airport that cancelled a LOT of outgoing flights, there are absolutely NO hotel rooms left within at least a half hour of Miami this weekend. I am staying at a plush resort starting Sunday night, so I hope the back is better by then.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #415
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man Smitty; what a hellish day.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #416
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it has made up my mind that I'd much rather go to Indian Wells than back to Miami, so I have to start over and see if I can get at least as good a box seat as I gave up from last year. At least my sunburn isn't as bad this morning. Waiting on my camera batteries to charge then I'm out of here. My new Olympus I got for Christmas isn't a bad little camera. I brought it to play with and see how well it does. Not as good as my Panasonic, but overall, not bad, and a great zoom (30x).

I hope Juan sleeps all day long today! He deserves it.

Also, a reminder for those who do general admission for these types of matches: it helps to have someone to save your seat or switch seats when you absolutely have to go to the bathroom. I didn't drink enough earlier in the day and was dehydrated, so I drank 3 liters of water and a small Gatorade and by the time the Ferrer match was over (and it should've been over a half hour earlier), I was about to pee my shorts and I had no one to help with the seat and ushers were threatening to kick people out if they saved seats. So, by the middle of Juan's first set, I REALLLLLLYYYYY had to go to the bathroom and gave up a terrific third row seat with great view of a righty serve on that side. I didn't want to go back to that end or the general admission side because of all the fighting about to start, so I went to the opposite end. Wound up in the very top corner, next to the last row, for the rest of the first set. When he went off to get his leg taped up, I miraculously found another great third row seat right where I wanted to be. Don't ask me how it happened because I have no idea, but karma is real. I was trying to keep an eye out for them afterwards so they didn't get mobbed in the crowd, and believe me, it was a BIG crowd. And that's all I'm saying about that, the person that needs to know will understand.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #417
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

I will literally pray for you delpo.

<3
Old 03-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #418
Banned!

Unfortunately can't see him win today. Hope he will serve like never before in 2011.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #419
country flag smitty8

I will be there in a shit seat, 400 level, but it isn't a bad view since I'm in the front row of that level, almost in the middle of the court. These weekend tickets have been sold out for probably a week because I've been checking to see if I could upgrade. Will be using my Olympus with the 30x zoom, played with it last night and I think I've about figured it out. LeBron James broke my Panasonic camera's on/off switch. I'm serious. I'm not happy about it, but am glad I brought a backup camera, which I always recommend if you are serious about photography. You have no idea how many times something has broken on a camera and I didn't have a backup, so I've learned.

I missed Juan's practice yesterday, but I definitely heard the crowd yelling after him as he walked by. He was at the court right behind where I was for a very crowded Murray/Nole dubs match.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #420
country flag Elbarto

Elbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond reputeElbarto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
Will be using my Olympus with the 30x zoom
I'm curious, is it a DSLR camera or a compact camera ?
Elbarto is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread