Kyrgios' brother talks about "Anti-Nick Propaganda" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Today, 01:04 AM   #1
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kyrgios' brother talks about "Anti-Nick Propaganda"

All players who really go in a tirade against umpires deserve to be called out on their behavior, in Nick's case it isn't just against the umpires, also against fans.

His game is pretty awesome to watch but he has to learn to deal with criticism, every single sports star is under huge scrutiny these days, the young and upcoming are no different and they have to "play the game", don't let that go to their head.

Djokovic for example had a fame of being a "faker", a "clown". He grew up and became the great champion we know today, he understood that he had to let the racket do the talking.

Kyrgios has the game and the charisma to go places but won't do it if he's more concerned about "dirty-scum" officers and "no-one" fans than his own game.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 01:09 AM   #2
country flag Lugburz

Lugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond reputeLugburz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kyrgios' brother talks about "Anti-Nick Propaganda"

His no-one mark was more disturbing and low than all the shits he gives the umpires.

Philipp Kohlschreiber - Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime Haas wins a point is the happiest moment in my life.
Lugburz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:09 AM   #3
country flag passingshotDTL
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

passingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond repute

It surprises me that the Kyrgios camp doesn't see that simply cleaning up his act a bit with officials would take so much heat off him. It's not like people want him to switch to a one-handed backhand. Just treat the officials with respect. Don't become a Fognini. Simple.
Paire
passingshotDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:10 AM   #4
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingshotDTL View Post
It surprises me that the Kyrgios camp doesn't see that simply cleaning up his act a bit with officials would take so much heat off him. It's not like people want him to switch to a one-handed backhand. Just treat the officials with respect. Don't become a Fognini. Simple.
This.

Old Today, 01:11 AM   #5
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Did the OP miss the Australian Open Final?

Djokovic's behaviour was worse than ever.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:12 AM   #6
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the entertainment, but I'm puzzled as to why Nick and Christos are giving so much attention to 'internet haters'. It's politically correct to be outraged by his no one comment, but let's face it, it's true. We're all no ones who are spending way too much time following a sport, a completely irrelevant form of entertainment. They should focus on Nick's game and leave the childish bickering to us no ones.

Quote:
Federer, Nadal and Djokovic pander to plutocrats and charge huge appearance fees. The "trickle down effect" means that tournaments like the Heineken Open now have to pay appearance money for racketeers that many of us have never heard of. It's close to extortion.
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #7
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Talking Re: Kyrgios' brother talks about "Anti-Nick Propaganda"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
I appreciate the entertainment, but I'm puzzled as to why Nick and Christos are giving so much attention to 'internet haters'. It's politically correct to be outraged by his no one comment, but let's face it, it's true. We're all no ones who are spending way too much time following a sport, a completely irrelevant form of entertainment. They should focus on Nick's game and leave the childish bickering to us no ones.
They can't accept any kind of comments that aren't praising Nick and that is frankly stupid, someone with a personality as strong as Kyrgios will always polarize opinions and both he and his camp have to learn to take criticism with a pinch of salt, not everything is against them, there is constructive criticism (that everyone gets in life, even huge sports stars) but they don't seem to be able to see it.

And if we're all no-ones then we should stop going to tournaments and watching tennis on TV, after all we don't matter, right?

We are the ones bringing the money to tennis, so we're entitled to our opinions about the players we watch.

Old Today, 01:25 AM   #8

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
They can't accept any kind of comments that aren't praising Nick and that is frankly stupid, someone with a personality as strong as Kyrgios will always polarize opinions and both he and his camp have to learn to take criticism with a pinch of salt, not everything is against them, there is constructive criticism (that everyone gets in life, even huge sports stars) but they don't seem to be able to see it.

And if we're all no-ones then we should stop going to tournaments and watching tennis on TV, after all we don't matter, right?

We are the ones bringing the money to tennis, so we're entitled to our opinions about the players we watch.
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4266569.htm

Christos is interviewed here, saying at 3:40 that it's fine that everything Nick does gets scrutinized, as long as it's in line with what really happened. But you can't expect someone to be unbiased when it comes to his brother, so this will be an endless struggle, pretty much every criticism will be unjustified in his eyes

Quote:
Federer, Nadal and Djokovic pander to plutocrats and charge huge appearance fees. The "trickle down effect" means that tournaments like the Heineken Open now have to pay appearance money for racketeers that many of us have never heard of. It's close to extortion.
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.

Sombrerero loco exposed
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #9
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:

Christos is interviewed here, saying at 3:40 that it's fine that everything Nick does gets scrutinized, as long as it's in line with what really happened. But you can't expect someone to be unbiased when it comes to his brother, so this will be an endless struggle, pretty much every criticism will be unjustified in his eyes
Of course he won't be unbiased but he is getting a bit embarrassing if he needs to drag other players down the mud to defend his brother , Nick is a grown man and can fight his own battles IMO, in fact instead of helping, Christos is making things even worse.

Old Today, 01:35 AM   #10
country flag passingshotDTL
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

passingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't expect Christos to be unbiased - he's Nick's brother - but he needs to learn to not respond to every bit of criticism with a flametorch. That only makes situations worse. If Nick was to treat the officials with respect, the bad press he's getting would die down in no time. People really want him to succeed, and it'd be written off as "youthful indiscretion" and no harm done. Reacting super defensively - savaging journalists and fans on Twitter, for example - is really not going to help Nick.

For example, one of the unhelpful things Christos does is he searches Nick's name on Twitter and then goes after people.

To take only one example:

That wasn't directed at you at all, dude. It's somebody talking to himself. If you reach the point where you are LOOKING for fights with random Twitter users, you've gone too far.

Another example:

He also gets in fights on Twitter over articles he doesn't think covered Nick well.

I understand the urge to be a little sibling's attack dog. But biting the mailman's arm and getting sued is not helpful.
Paire

Last edited by passingshotDTL : Today at 01:39 AM.
passingshotDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #11

Jup, it's a complete waste of time and only does harm.

Quote:
Quote:

Sombrerero loco exposed
Old Today, 02:14 AM   #12
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

hope his career crashes and burns.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #13
country flag mistercrabs

mistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond reputemistercrabs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
His no-one mark was more disturbing and low than all the shits he gives the umpires.
If somebody called you an asshole on the internet, you'd be all over them. You're complaining because he's acting like a normal person.

"Veembledon make my neeples craysy"

Bjorn Borg

"I would bet my tiny baby's pinkie that Rafael Nadal is the very living incarnation of Hitler's essence."
Francis Ford Coppola
mistercrabs is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 AM   #14
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Kyrgios retains a personality against all the pressures of the shitty media and organizations

As for his brother, isn't he on MTF?

Matosevic, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Stakhovsky, Brown, Sousa, Garcia-Lopez, Rosol, Zeballos, Istomin, Dolgopolov, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem, Seppi
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:26 AM   #15
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
Hope Kyrgios retains a personality against all the pressures of the shitty media and organizations

As for his brother, isn't he on MTF?
A lot of people confuse "personality" with immaturity.

When you grow up, you change, if you don't then it means you're not maturing.

Of course this isn't like becoming a pod person or anything like that, the basis of your own self will always be there but your tastes and your behavior can (and should) change as you grow older.

I'm not the same person I was when I was 20 and I won't be the same person I am today when I am 40.

Few things are worse than being stuck in eternal teenhood.