~ * ~ The "Welcome to bright Vienna" Erste Bank Open 2011 Cheering Thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #121
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ * ~ The "Bienvenido a Santiago Tommy!!!" Movistar Open 2011 Cheering Thread ~ *

Wow, I just read the thread in general message... I honestly don't understand how people can be so harsh about someone they don't even know!

I really hope Tommy can use all this to his advantage today... would hate for him to lose a title over this. Then again... seeing how agressive he started played once the quarrel with Fognini started, that shouldn't be a problem

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #122
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~ * ~ The "Bienvenido a Santiago Tommy!!!" Movistar Open 2011 Cheering Thread ~ *

omg what happened?! i knew i should have woke up early to see his match...i just love sleep to much.

i really dont understand why so many people hate Tommy! I really cant think of a reason some people are so agressive over how much they hate him? he has done nothing wrong, its not like he is the type of player who is up in the other opponents face in a match if his winning or trying to course sh*t with the opponent to get a rise out of them. He does not go out of his way to annoy peple like others do, he seems to me like one of the most normal of the players....i mean he does get a touch stroppy sometimes on court when he disagrees with a call but so does everyone and tommy makes it entertaing :P

I've had people react so strangly to me when i tell them i like Robredo ...then of course i have to sit there why they call him "Boredo" and listen while they tell me how "gay" he is and how he is a "talentless mug/pusher/journey man" it confuses me why all the hate =S

BUT never the less i love him and all your guys on here do! so to me everyone else is crazy haha i am thrilled he made it to the final and i will definetly be up in time to watch his match! im looking forward to it! it would be so perfect if he could win to show everyone! to quote kuznetsova "F**k all haters" Tommy and win this thing!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
Q:What sound do you hate? -A:When Maria Sharapova plays tennis-[JuanMonaco][♥]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
xohxmyx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #123
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly don't understand where all the hate is coming from either... I mean, if you don't like a player, fine - just ignore him! Why go out of your way to convince the world that he is the most evil person ever? And then, when players and tournament directors and what not actually say that he is NOT evil but very nice, friendly, hard-working, compassionate etc - people who actually know him - then of course those people are crazy.

They're probably just jealous or lead very sad lives to be spending so much time and energy on someone they hate

I do hope he wins this title now! I always hope that of course, but now just a little more to make a point

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #124
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~ * ~ The "Bienvenido a Santiago Tommy!!!" Movistar Open 2011 Cheering Thread ~ *

I agree with all that you ladies said here. The haters do live very sad lives indeed!

Fognini's behaviour really disgusted me!!! How can this kind of situation happen in tennis, during and entire match, and no one does anything about it??? I'm sure that everyone in the court understood what he kept telling Tommy, since he spoke in Spanish!!!

Answering you question Gaby, Fognini kept saying bad words and trying to make Tommy loose his temper throughout the entire match!!! Thank God Tommy kept his head and won!!! In the end when Tommy refused to shake his hand he simply kept yelling him "Pedazo de Mierda", which translated means "Piece of shit"!!! No wonder Tommy didn't do the post-match interview, when all the crowd was against him, and I'm sure they understand quite well Spanish to know what the Italian had told him!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #125
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Ok... that is indeed very strange that it went on the entire match... Kudos to Tommy for only reacting to it once during the match! To be honest, I think Tommy should have kept the honor to himself and shaken hands at the end. But when Fabio kept coming after him with his hand stretched out... that was a bit too much!

Poor Tommy

Fernando Verdasco

Old 02-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #126
country flag Happiness

Happiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond reputeHappiness has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: ~ * ~ The "Bienvenido a Santiago Tommy!!!" Movistar Open 2011 Cheering Thread ~ *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruwen View Post
Ok... that is indeed very strange that it went on the entire match... Kudos to Tommy for only reacting to it once during the match! To be honest, I think Tommy should have kept the honor to himself and shaken hands at the end. But when Fabio kept coming after him with his hand stretched out... that was a bit too much!

Poor Tommy
I don't understand why they let Fognini got away with it, but maybe they didn't wanted to cause a riot there!?

Maybe Tommy should have shaken his hand, but I mostly understand him. The Spanish (and also us the Portuguese) are latins, which means that we loose temper easily! And we really don't tolerate things like that!!!

I guess that Tommy simply showed he's human and didn't want anymore of it!

Indeed poor Tommy, having to listen to it and entire match, and then see all the crowd against him!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #127
country flag xohxmyx

xohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond reputexohxmyx has a reputation beyond repute

No i disagree (maybe im bias lol) but i think Tommy did the right thing by not shaking hands at the net.
Its weird but in tennis to me, thats like the definitive way of showing your opponent that you have no respect for him/her, and why should Tommy show any respect to Fabio? He acted completly inappropriatly and insulted Tommy...it would have been completly hollow and pointless for them to shake hands.

It is like when Feli Lopez refused to shake Paes' hand after his doubles match...he had a problem with Paes so why go out of his way to be "nice" (for want of a better word) to someone you dont not respect?

But then that is just my opinion on the whole thing..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in the locker room...Doing some bad things. I cannot tell you....JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO [champion]
Q:What sound do you hate? -A:When Maria Sharapova plays tennis-[JuanMonaco][♥]
I was thinking, ‘Lay down with him’, But if I do that, we’d never stand up.-[Delpo]
° Lindo.Tenis.Chicos← ← ← ← My tumblr blog...check it out, or dont whatever its your call...°
xohxmyx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #128
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohxmyx View Post
No i disagree (maybe im bias lol) but i think Tommy did the right thing by not shaking hands at the net.
Its weird but in tennis to me, thats like the definitive way of showing your opponent that you have no respect for him/her, and why should Tommy show any respect to Fabio? He acted completly inappropriatly and insulted Tommy...it would have been completly hollow and pointless for them to shake hands.

It is like when Feli Lopez refused to shake Paes' hand after his doubles match...he had a problem with Paes so why go out of his way to be "nice" (for want of a better word) to someone you dont not respect?

But then that is just my opinion on the whole thing..
I would have done the same thing if it was me, and only God knows if I would have behaved as good about it as Tommy did!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #129
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I couldn´t watch the match yesterday and only read all the status updates on fb when I got home....
If Fabio really said that to Tommy of course this was bad
But I don´t want to comment on it, because I think we all don´t know completely what happened...

I really wish these 2 wouldn´t have had this argument I also like and respect Fabio a lot, not only because one of my my best friends is a big fan of him

Vamos Tommy tonight!!!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #130
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness View Post
I don't understand why they let Fognini got away with it, but maybe they didn't wanted to cause a riot there!?

Maybe Tommy should have shaken his hand, but I mostly understand him. The Spanish (and also us the Portuguese) are latins, which means that we loose temper easily! And we really don't tolerate things like that!!!

I guess that Tommy simply showed he's human and didn't want anymore of it!

Indeed poor Tommy, having to listen to it and entire match, and then see all the crowd against him!!!
It' clear that Fognini acted unprofessionally to say the least. He acted like an animal. But Tommy has a temper and his pride and I think he followed his instinct at the moment by not shaking hands which is what I would have done if I'd been abused an entire match. (if that's really what happened) The real unprofessionalism comes from the tournament referee for not interceding on Tommy's behalf during the match. That is simply unforgiveable. In not doing his job he made Tommy look like the bad one out there for not acknowledging Fognini at the end. And Fognini made it worse for Tommy by pursuing him. Not a good day for Tommy or tennis.

My sense of Tommy is that he has a bit of a stubborn streak about him and will use this to will himself to victory today. He's a pretty tough customer when all is said and done.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #131
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohxmyx View Post

i really dont understand why so many people hate Tommy! I really cant think of a reason some people are so agressive over how much they hate him?

I've had people react so strangly to me when i tell them i like Robredo ...then of course i have to sit there why they call him "Boredo" and listen while they tell me how "gay" he is and how he is a "talentless mug/pusher/journey man" it confuses me why all the hate =S

to quote kuznetsova "F**k all haters" Tommy and win this thing!!!
Xo, you've posted enough on MTF to know that there a lot of immature and insecure boys posting wildly in General Messages just to get attention. They don't like Tommy because he's good looking and he models. And they're not a fan of his game. But there are also decent posters who like Tommy but know not to get involved with haters. You'll never get rid of the haters so why not just ignore them. Anway, it's not like Tommy sees what they write.

Did Sveta actually tweet that about Tommy or is that a user name for someone on MTF?

Last edited by ariel2 : 02-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #132
country flag Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2 View Post
It' clear that Fognini acted unprofessionally to say the least. He acted like an animal. But Tommy has a temper and his pride and I think he followed his instinct at the moment by not shaking hands which is what I would have done if I'd been abused an entire match. (if that's really what happened) The real unprofessionalism comes from the tournament referee for not interceding on Tommy's behalf during the match. That is simply unforgiveable. In not doing his job he made Tommy look like the bad one out there for not acknowledging Fognini at the end. And Fognini made it worse for Tommy by pursuing him. Not a good day for Tommy or tennis.

My sense of Tommy is that he has a bit of a stubborn streak about him and will use this to will himself to victory today. He's a pretty tough customer when all is said and done.
I'm glad that he won the match and kept his head! I'm sure he'll use his common sense tonight as well. He's used to hostile environment, so I don't think that the audience against him will change much. I hope he keeps playing good tennis and wins the first tournament of the year!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #133
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Ok, let's forget about yesterday... and focus on the final!

Vamos Tommy!!

Fernando Verdasco

Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #134
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Would be nice if my live stream would stop freezing every two seconds

Fernando Verdasco

Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #135
country flag ds_hockeygrl1536

ds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond reputeds_hockeygrl1536 has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Tommy!
Marc Lopez Marcel Granollers
ds_hockeygrl1536 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote