How many slams will Rafa win in 2011? - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many slams will Rafa win in 2011

0 17 11.72%
1 37 25.52%
2 58 40.00%
3 12 8.28%
4 21 14.48%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2010, 04:41 AM   #151
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many slams will Rafa win in 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
At wimbledon he struggled against,Hassi & prezntner.When nadull reaches the SF/F its already too late coupled with the fact that the grass is worn by the SF.
Post wimbledon his ground game was poor -He lost to Baghdatis @ Cincy--So how did he win the USO with his ground game on the decline, No Del-po/ Murray, His serve mph improved, he had an easy draw of old tired players including his favorite bitchboys Fiasco n' lopez.
Fed weaken Novak for him who is known for stamina issues. They played a tough 5 setter in the 2nd match of the day, hence Novak less time to recover from the match,as opposed to his match with Younzhy, by the 4 set Novak was gassed.
You seem to forget that this was the third year on a row that Rafa reached the SF at USO, including two years (08, 09) where no luck in the draw was involved. Therefore, one could think by now that Rafa in the SF was a likely outcome (I say likely, not certain, nothing ever is certain), no matter the draw. Yet you insist in arguing he was lucky almost from R1, which is bollocks. In the end, he reached the SF, found a rival that was easier, which is bound to happen sometime if you keep making the last 4, made the finals and beat nr 3 in the world. The suggestion that Djoko was tired by the time the final came along implies a sad ignorance of the history of tennis: seldom has a final ever been played between two perfectly rested players, most times one or both of them have had to survive some pretty tough games before they made the final. That is the glory of tennis.

In the final analysis, people like you keep insisting Rafa should take the rap for Murray's failure at USO, since he was the seeded rival in the SF and it was he, not Rafa, who failed to live up to expectations.
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #152
country flag lbj2009

lbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At wimbledon he struggled against,Hassi & prezntner.When nadull reaches the SF/F its already too late coupled with the fact that the grass is worn by the SF.
Post wimbledon his ground game was poor -He lost to Baghdatis @ Cincy--So how did he win the USO with his ground game on the decline, No Del-po/ Murray, His serve mph improved, he had an easy draw of old tired players including his favorite bitchboys Fiasco n' lopez.
Fed weaken Novak for him who is known for stamina issues. They played a tough 5 setter in the 2nd match of the day, hence Novak less time to recover from the match,as opposed to his match with Younzhy, by the 4 set Novak was gassed.
Novak's semifinal just lasted near 4 hours. Is that a long time? We all know there were few long rallies in that match. So it didnot influence Novak's game with rain-delayed reason. That's because the match was tough and Novak owns poor body when you saw the 4th set. I think the match will be still like last time even if god gives Novak 3 days rest.
lbj2009 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:05 AM   #153
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's Wimbledon for you. Throw in a shitty service game or give up a mini break and the set is gone. Nadal was not playing his starting matches well, probably because he hasn't played on grass for 2 years and was still adjusting. Run into big server playing lights out tennis and it's trouble. Haase was serving at almost 90% in the sets he won. He was pummeling aces and unreturnables all day. You can't deny that Nadal got better and better as the tournament went on.

Toronto and Cinci losses were expected, he was still adjusting his HC game to make a push for USO. Obviously didn't try his hardest.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:14 AM   #154
country flag lbj2009

lbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond reputelbj2009 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
That's Wimbledon for you. Throw in a shitty service game or give up a mini break and the set is gone. Nadal was not playing his starting matches well, probably because he hasn't played on grass for 2 years and was still adjusting. Run into big server playing lights out tennis and it's trouble. Haase was serving at almost 90% in the sets he won. He was pummeling aces and unreturnables all day. You can't deny that Nadal got better and better as the tournament went on.

Toronto and Cinci losses were expected, he was still adjusting his HC game to make a push for USO. Obviously didn't try his hardest.
agree.
the same thing happened in grass event before Wimbledon, he lost to his compatriot Lopez that day.

I think he just wanted to find some feel to adjust his game for slams. So it is not a big deal losing some matches before slam events.
lbj2009 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #155
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are saying it like you can do it better.
PS: Nole got one restday before playing Rafa in the final.
So Nole was not tired.
Rafa was just better.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #156

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
He struggled against Verdasco at the 2009 Australian Open. Grass rewards big servers so Petzner didnt have to play many rallys. His final with Djokovic (who had won 6 straight sets against him) was his best HC match in 2010.

It was Federer's fault for not reaching the final and destroying your hopes and dreams.
I could not say that better
Great post bro
Old 12-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post

great post my friend
Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #158

I think that this will be what delpotro will reach in 2011
AO: 1st round
FO: 3rd round
SW: 2nd round
UO: 4th round
Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #159

This is what Nole will reach in 2011
AO: SF (beaten by Rafa or Roger)
FO: F or SF (beaten by Rafa or Roger
SW19: SF (beaten by Rafa or Roger)
USO: SF (beaten by Rafa or Roher)
Conclusion: nole having a great year
The only ones who can beat nole at his best are Rafa and Roger or perhaps murray and roddick
Old 12-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #160
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

I have an urgent request to make of you, Rafa is the GOAT. Please lend me your crystal ball ASAP... I need to win tonight's drawing of the lottery
Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #161
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

cygs for rafa
Old 12-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
I have an urgent request to make of you, Rafa is the GOAT. Please lend me your crystal ball ASAP... I need to win tonight's drawing of the lottery
Ok, i will send you the crystalbal tonight
Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
cygs for rafa
Short but powerfull
One of thes best posts in this tread
Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #164
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peribsen View Post
You seem to forget that this was the third year on a row that Rafa reached the SF at USO, including two years (08, 09) where no luck in the draw was involved. Therefore, one could think by now that Rafa in the SF was a likely outcome (I say likely, not certain, nothing ever is certain), no matter the draw. Yet you insist in arguing he was lucky almost from R1, which is bollocks. In the end, he reached the SF, found a rival that was easier, which is bound to happen sometime if you keep making the last 4, made the finals and beat nr 3 in the world. The suggestion that Djoko was tired by the time the final came along implies a sad ignorance of the history of tennis: seldom has a final ever been played between two perfectly rested players, most times one or both of them have had to survive some pretty tough games before they made the final. That is the glory of tennis.

In the final analysis, people like you keep insisting Rafa should take the rap for Murray's failure at USO, since he was the seeded rival in the SF and it was he, not Rafa, who failed to live up to expectations.
My point was not that nadull didn't derserve the USO ,he certainly did.My point was in reference to his ground game.Can you honestly say that fed's level @ the FO 09 was better than his level @06 FO.No the difference way his clay nemesis was missing that took him out @ the last 4 FO.However he paid his dues by constantly putting himself in a position to win.
Its similar with nadull @ the USO he was constantly putting himself in a position to win & his HC nemesis Murray/Del-po was missing they stopped him @ the last 3 HC slams.
So fed n' nadull derserve their respective slams does that mean fed is unbeatable on clay or nadull on HC no,simply they paid their dues and was in the right place & the right time.
However if nadull could beat a full fit Del-po & Murray in a HC slam in 2011 etc.Then one could make an arguement that nadull improved his HC game.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #165

Quote:
My point was not that nadull didn't derserve the USO ,he certainly did.My point was in reference to his ground game.Can you honestly say that fed's level @ the FO 09 was better than his level @06 FO.No the difference way his clay nemesis was missing that took him out @ the last 4 FO.However he paid his dues by constantly putting himself in a position to win.
Its similar with nadull @ the USO he was constantly putting himself in a position to win & his HC nemesis Murray/Del-po was missing they stopped him @ the last 3 HC slams.
So fed n' nadull derserve their respective slams does that mean fed is unbeatable on clay or nadull on HC no,simply they paid their dues and was in the right place & the right time.
However if nadull could beat a full fit Del-po & Murray in a HC slam in 2011 etc.Then one could make an arguement that nadull improved his HC game.
So you are saying that a healty at there best Murray and Delpotro can beat a healty at his best Nadal
Let me just say you something
A healty at his best Rafa will beat everybody. At ich time on any surface