Robin SoderKing's 2011 - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #616
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

One person (journalist) who is familiar with Robin, wrote now:

I've just talked to Söderling and would be very surprised if he comes to play in Stockholm Open. Sad but true.
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #617
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Because it is not mandatory Masters.These are the rules.
Yeah I know it isn't but that it counts as having played a 500 was new to me. The point structure in 1000s are also favorable if you got a first round bye like Robin has. He could have gone there, won 2 matches and still made decent points AND ticked off another of the 4 500s.

Rather skip Barcelona even but he should just skip Estoril and take that week as full rest before Madrid so he doesn't have all those weeks of consecutive tennis leading up to RG (as he played Dusseldorf too)

My dream schedule for 2012 definitely includes Monte Carlo. Why not. Ferrer reached the final and sucked in a nice 600p. Soderling could definitely done a result even on slow clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
after the Shanghai Masters,he will have another 0 in his ranking...

as for Monte Carlo, Robin had a full calender for the whole year at that time and he can not image injuries and mono's coming
You are right I didn't even think about that. Five 0s. Missed the chance to play for 5500 points. Even if he had averaged only QFs he would have made 180+180+360+90+180 points. I say he definitely missed out on about 700-1000 points. Even more probably

Quote:
One person (journalist) who is familiar with Robin, wrote now:

I've just talked to Söderling and would be very surprised if he comes to play in Stockholm Open. Sad but true.
One part of me thinks Soderling will definitely NOT play unless he thinks he can win. He doesn't want to take a beating in front of the home crowd in a tournament where the money and points doesn't mean anything to him compared to the prestige.

Other part thinks just like he says that he could consider playing at 80% just to see where he stands and have some fun.

Must also not forget that he doesn't want to let his Thomas Johansson and the rest of the organizers down. He's played tournaments feeling bad before. I'm pretty sure Rosengren advices him not to play. Also he might have changed his policy to play feeling less than 100% now.

I just hope he doesn't wait all the way to Friday before he decides.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #618
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13757385.ab
Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #619
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

As he said he's never talked to Federer or Ancic. I think it would be a big big mistake to take the rest of the season off. Didn't help Ancic at all. Think he needs to try to work through despite being fatigued and it will get better. If he instead adapts for even more months to the life without hard practice he might never get back to his highest level again.

Also thought it was scary that almost 40 year old Bjorkman totally owned one of swedens best 16-year olds 6-2, 6-0. Wrote on twitter he thought they had bad technique, bad attitude and didn't have fun and it was tragic they were so far behind other juniors. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13756384.ab

At least he's a good hitting partner for Soderling during the week...

Thomas Johansson is good at twitter too. First wildcard will be released today or tomorrow. Appearently also did "a incredibly good tennis session" with Robin a few days back. I say thats a good sign
Old 10-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #620
country flag AZ-12

AZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond repute

From the interview in aftonbladet that AgnRus linked to it sounds like a very small chance that Robin will play in Stockholm, well in accordance with the previous journalist quote. My impression was also that Robin gave very honset answers, and not so much diplomacy with regard to the SO organizers. A guess is that he has more or less written off the possibility for a start in SO and don't want to make his home-crowd fans too disappointed when he announces the inevitable later on.
AZ-12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #621
country flag AgnRus

http://www.svd.se/sport/det-forvanar...en_6539421.svd
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #622
country flag AgnRus

and one more article .. ..

http://www.expressen.se/sport/tennis...tillbaka-suget
Old 10-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #623
country flag MaxPower

Quote:
Good that he says he hasn't dropped any weight. Somehow kept up his appetite and maybe sneaked in some gym training. Photo could be from Båstad (Skistar was the main sponsor there, IF is the big SO sponsor) but he did look like his normal self when on TV the other day.

One less concern. Now get the energy back
Old 10-12-2011, 02:34 AM   #624
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

someone(on the forum of Robin's official site)said
Quote:
Robin is out of action for the rest of the season, according to trustworthy sources. Hopefully he will return after Christmas break. Tough !
Old 10-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #625
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

well... We saw it coming...
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #626
country flag AgnRus

To be honest I don't think so. Maybe he will not play until the end of the year, but it is unlikely that he had already decided not to play, when before Bercy is still almost a month.

In any case,we will know soon.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #627
country flag MaxPower

Dunno about this gone the rest of the season rumor. Saw Bjorkman and Johansson talking about Stockholm Open this very morning and they still sounded somewhat positive that he will be back playing in a few days much less missing the rest of the season. But yeah we will now for sure before friday
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #628
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

OK,We will see....
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #629
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

http://svtplay.se/v/2564005/tennis/b...stockholm_open

Johansson/Björkman on TV.

any Swede around can check and tell us the news?

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #630
country flag MaxPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
http://svtplay.se/v/2564005/tennis/b...stockholm_open

Johansson/Björkman on TV.

any Swede around can check and tell us the news?
Yeah I got a very slow day at work so and already caught it in the morning. Only doing the highlights.

What are the odds of Soderling playing?
Johansson: Still hard to tell. Robin has had mono and had trouble for months. He's been at the Royal Tennis Hall practicing but you need to be careful. Only he himself can decide if he's ready or not.

I had Robin in my studio on Sunday and we talked, he said he didn't practice tennis for a month...How long does it take on this level before you are back at normal capacity?
Björkman: It could take time. On this level you recover fast however as you play so much. First week could be very tough but then it will move fast. But this is also very individual.

We know that Robin would love to play but how smart is that having had this sickness?
Johansson: Health comes in the first hand. Of course we want him to play but it can't be at any price. Robin will play 3,4,5 years more so if it doesn't work out this week we will respect that.

How late can the decision be?
We have very close contact with Robin, his agent and Rosengren but mainly it's himself that must decide when ready.

Then some discussion about the field. Monfils, Del Potro, (Björkman hyping up Delpo a little having him as favorite) They also got previous Stockholm winners to come as: Nalbandian, Blake, Baghdatis. Future stars as Raonic, Dimitrov. Explains that Federer gave them very good signs early in the year but as his results was bad during clay season and he lost ground in the race he didn't want to play much in the autumn.

They intend to go after one of the top3 for next year and think they got a great chance. Djokovic was in Bastad and looked this year and liked what he saw. (those crazy bastards, always wanting to keep Soderling away from winning Stockholm just because they both have won it themselves and want to have some small edge on him )
Then some discussion about the future of swedish tennis.