Robin SoderKing's 2011 - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #571
country flag AZ-12

AZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Some news about Robin in swedish: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13726378.ab

The bottom line is that while there is some progress with Robin's health, it is not very fast and the start in Stockholm is far from certain.
AZ-12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #572
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Robin will not play in Stockholm, it's obvious.

It's impossible to recover for 2 weeks remaining before the tournament.
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #573
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Urgh not good news. Expected him to be back in training long ago. If it doesn't answer well when he starts this week he might as well throw in the towel.

It's weird that Rosengren was coaching of Ancic as well. Now he's had two of the guys with the worst mono-outbreaks in recent years. But it also means he will be very careful and advice Robin to stay away from the court as long as possible. In the end it's probably for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke007 View Post
Maybe Robin will get better Draws ranked 12th then he got as nr 4 and 5 in the world

Seriously tennis is in a sad state right now. Delpo and Robin not playing the game and mugs like Simon, Almagro and Tipsarevic entering the top 10.
Agree. Tipsy won his first title just a week ago and will now pass Robin in the race. Delpo threw away his chance and Monfils is out with injury and will miss both Beijing/Shanghai so means that there will maybe be one unexpected player in London. I just hope it's not one of those 3
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #574
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #575
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Nastia,take it easy...No one is spiteful..

by the way..Robin will get the T-shirt some days...woohoo!!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #576
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Two months is the average time to recover from mono, even for the average person. Robin has been weakened after all these injuries and illnesses before mono, so absolutely nothing surprising. I don't understand why anyone would expect a quick recovery for him.
Robin might have had mono for over a month before the doctor diagnosed him, so... Anyway he should skip Stockholm imo. He's not gonna win it anyway with so little time to prepare.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #577
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Robin might have had mono for over a month before the doctor diagnosed him, so... Anyway he should skip Stockholm imo. He's not gonna win it anyway with so little time to prepare.
His agent said he did tests on mono after Wimbledon, and the result was negative
Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #578
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His agent said he did tests on mono after Wimbledon, and the result was negative
The problem with mono is that it's very difficult to properly diagnose, especially in the initial stages. Even if he didn't have it at that time yet, it may well be that he's been having it for quite a while now.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #579
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
Nastia,take it easy...No one is spiteful..
Jonathan, I don't blame anyone, I just express my opinion.if my posts seems too negative to you, you can skip them. I am not a pessimist, I am a realist.
And yes, as a fan of Robin, I don't see any reason to delight in the last couple of months. It saddens me to see my favorite player falling down, it really surprises you?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #580
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

thats why i suggested he should take the rest of the season off, but when i suggested that everyone said "noooo he'll be back in a couple of weeks". i think a "quick recovery" would be the stuidist thing he could do.. he was never going to be able to get to London this year, and ok so he loses some spots in the rankings - but thats better than permanently affecting his health!! the tour is crap with him not being around but im also really glad he's not being silly with this and actually taking some time to try to get better. im just hoping for a healthier 2012 season
Old 10-06-2011, 03:37 AM   #581
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jonathan, I don't blame anyone, I just express my opinion.if my posts seems too negative to you, you can skip them. I am not a pessimist, I am a realist.
And yes, as a fan of Robin, I don't see any reason to delight in the last couple of months. It saddens me to see my favorite player falling down, it really surprises you?
i think no one here is pleased to see these situations, especially those who want to see him face to face in the following tournaments.

His disease needs a lot of time to recover, which we all know. Every one wants him to get better and better. I just hope he can, even if he is not able to in fact.So what can surprise me is nothing but his comeback.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #582
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

recovery from mono is very individual so no-one could have known how long it would take. Some athletes are back in no time. Federer didn't miss much either. Sadly Robin took a major beating from the disease and the reason was probably that his body was weakened, possibly from too much physical training combined with different medication he's taken during the time leading up to the mono outbreak.

The wrist injury could have been a contributing factor as he had to "over-train" as he didn't have much time to get in match shape for the US Open series. He's stubborn and really wanted to play Cincy and USO and in the end those factors probably put his body under so much stress that he was defenseless vs the mono outbreak. Had he decided on an early stage to skip Cincy and USO I guess he would have been back by now. No-one knows that either but that's what I think. A big lesson for the future is to decide earlier to skip/not skip tournaments so he can actually rest. Been like that most of the season that he's been under pressure just to be ready. When he finally decided to skip a tournament early (the DC meeting after wimby) it paid off big time
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #583
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
thats why i suggested he should take the rest of the season off, but when i suggested that everyone said "noooo he'll be back in a couple of weeks". i think a "quick recovery" would be the stuidist thing he could do.. he was never going to be able to get to London this year, and ok so he loses some spots in the rankings - but thats better than permanently affecting his health!! the tour is crap with him not being around but im also really glad he's not being silly with this and actually taking some time to try to get better. im just hoping for a healthier 2012 season
Christina, if Robin will be ready for Bercy for example, why should he wait for 2012? It will be harder in 2012, when he falls heavily in the rankings now, because he can meet the top players earlier. And don't count on the fact that he can stay healthy the whole season 2012, he has never had such seasons without injuries and illnesses, his chronic injuries will not go away and he gets older.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #584
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Christina, if Robin will be ready for Bercy for example, why should he wait for 2012? It will be harder in 2012, when he falls heavily in the rankings now, because he can meet the top players earlier. And don't count on the fact that he can stay healthy the whole season 2012, he has never had such seasons without injuries and illnesses, his chronic injuries will not go away and he gets older.
If he's ready, of course he should play. I just mean that he shouldn't push himself when he's not ready just so he doesn't lose ranking points. He'll lose a whole lot more if he's still sick/injured next year.. thats all I mean.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #585
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
If he's ready, of course he should play. I just mean that he shouldn't push himself when he's not ready just so he doesn't lose ranking points. He'll lose a whole lot more if he's still sick/injured next year.. thats all I mean.
I think everyone here agree with this.

Robin apparently too weak yet :

http://svt.se/2.21318/1.2558043/sode..._open&from=rss