Robin SoderKing's 2011 - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #541
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Robin SoderKing's 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
it had been confirmed by the official of Shanghai Masters
So even super Federer is good enough to announce his withdrawal like 3 weeks ahead despite being a major blow to the ticket selling for Shanghai.

If Soderling withdraws after all it means he is the true superstar (or more likely that he was a bit day to day and couldn't really decide until last minute AGAIN)

thats why i was pretty sure today as Jenni said she was heading to the airport and no statement from the organizers that he is indeed coming. The organizers always want the players there a bit ahead if possible so they can do some media activities and promotion for the tournament. So no doubt they have been told already if he can't play

Last edited by MaxPower : 09-23-2011 at 01:56 PM.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #542
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych TODAY withdraw from the Malaysian Open, so anything can happen.
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #543
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
thats why i was pretty sure today as Jenni said she was heading to the airport and no statement from the organizers that he is not coming. The organizers always want the players there a bit ahead if possible so they can do some media activities and promotion for the tournament. So no doubt they have been told already if he can't come
So you mean that the organization has known robin will not come.what they will do is just make an announcement before the beginning of the match??
Old 09-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #544
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute

From FB

"Robin Söderling
I am very sorry to disappoint my fans, tournaments, and sponsors but I am still not able to play Asia tour. I was looking forward to coming to Asia but unfortunately my mono is not completely cured yet and so I have to take another month off... I can't wait to be back on the court but I have to be patient. I hope to be ready for Stockholm Open in the middle of October. Thank you to all of you for your support - your encouraging messages help me to get through this difficult time."

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Tipsarevic | Isner | Raonic | Baker

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #545
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #546
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Freaking disaster. As I predicted the organizers probably knew then and choose not to write anything on their homepage or mention it to the ATP.

The statement signals he is nowhere near a comeback for Beijing either. They could have announced that he isn't going to Thailand long ago just like Federer did for Shanghai.

Sadly I must say it's getting a little stupid from Robin screwing with his fans like this. If you remain on the maincard this close to a tournament you are expected to play unless you get a some short time injury.

Guys with long term injury or sickness got no reason to wait until the tournament qualifying even started. I see no valid reason for waiting so long. Maybe the organizers forced him but as I said it's getting stupid now because he wasn't even close
Old 09-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #547
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Now,i can understand the feeling that you do what you can to have the US Open holidays and got nothing....

i am so stupid...
Old 09-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #548
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #549
country flag MaxPower

Hey AgnRus why does he get a penalty 0 for Beijing? I took this from the ATP FAQ

Quote:
All direct acceptance players at the time of the entry deadline who do not play will receive a 0-pointer in their ranking.

A player who is out of competition for 30 or more days, due to a verified injury, will not receive any penalties.
Hasn't he been out of competition for more than 30 days by Beijing? Only injury count and sickness does not?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #550
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Hey AgnRus why does he get a penalty 0 for Beijing? I took this from the ATP FAQ

Hasn't he been out of competition for more than 30 days by Beijing? Only injury count and sickness does not?
ok, I have never seen this rule.We can ask Judio.

Last edited by AgnRus : 09-23-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #551
country flag AgnRus

http://www.expressen.se/sport/1.2569...a-asien-turnen

I'm fully agree with Fidde,respect to him.I hope he will not leave Robin in this difficult period of his career.
The only important thing - Robin's health, everything else does not matter at all.

And one more thing - I really don't want him to start playing in Stockholm, because the Stockholm tournament means a lot to him. He can not win the tournament after such a long break in the game. It will be yet another humiliation at home.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #552
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

If he doesn't play Asia he will hardly play Sthlm. He will not play another match in 2011 i think and will drop out of the top 10 sadly.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #553
country flag AgnRus

I still think Robin will play at least Bercy
Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #554
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
And one more thing - I really don't want him to start playing in Stockholm, because the Stockholm tournament means a lot to him. He can not win the tournament after such a long break in the game. It will be yet another humiliation at home.
Why humiliation, he must also begin with something that him needs to be playing practice.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #555
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
Why humiliation, he must also begin with something that him needs to be playing practice.
Pasha, Lleyton also received a practice a week ago at the Davis Cup match, have you enjoyed? I think not.
I just express my opinion.
I'm just afraid another defeat from Nalbandian / Del Potro will be very offensive for Robin. Please, not now and not in Stockholm.

Last edited by AgnRus : 09-25-2011 at 09:11 AM.