1001 reasons why we love Juan Carlos Ferrero - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #151
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, but if I go out with him, he will look like my brother, bcos I'm older.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2002, 10:20 PM   #152
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
Oh god, that's why I pray to have these 2 retired, and Baldy not getting to #1. I had enough of them, then there's Roddick

The mag. is not too bad, bcos I only read the articles about Rafter, the Spaniards, Rogi, DC French team and all the winners of the TMS at the back since JC is one of them. So I say half of the stuffs is enjoyable. ATP is controlled by Americans, that's my impression.
Unfortunately, you know when Petey and Agassihole retire they are going to have an even bigger splash fest. Might even devote a whole issue to just those two!

If the ATP is controlled by the USA, it's only because we have one of the richest tennis programs in the world. It's not fair because the best players aren't even American (well . . .)

I think we tennis fans are above the level that the media is giving us. Tennis is not a popular sport in this country, so of course they will continue to trot out the aging heros and the youngsters (wouldn't mind seeing more of James, I have to admit) just to even get viewership. In the process, they are alienating we fans who are already fans of the sport and have moved on to admiring various players from around the world. They just haven't caught up with us yet.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:22 PM   #153
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

speaking of complaining... I should complain to the ATP -- lately there seems to be an overwhelmingly American slant to the site -- or am I being paranoid??

Then there's this "who the hell are these guys anyway?" attitude out there re: non-American players AND no wonder tennis is not so popular in N. America.

Another Sampras article?!!! Enough already! Do it when he retires! Even the French tennis mag has been covering only two nations: France and USA. Every mag out there talks about Sampras and Agassi -- Spanish, German, Swiss, British... can't vouch for others.

I have to go to Europe to catch the latest issue of a foreign mag -- that's how I got that German mag, plus a couple of Spanish ones [they have some neat stores in Barcelona!!].

Anyway, so much for my rant!!

Thank God for the Net.
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:26 PM   #154
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by TennisHack

Unfortunately, you know when Petey and Agassihole retire they are going to have an even bigger splash fest. Might even devote a whole issue to just those two!

If the ATP is controlled by the USA, it's only because we have one of the richest tennis programs in the world. It's not fair because the best players aren't even American (well . . .)

I think we tennis fans are above the level that the media is giving us. Tennis is not a popular sport in this country, so of course they will continue to trot out the aging heros and the youngsters (wouldn't mind seeing more of James, I have to admit) just to even get viewership. In the process, they are alienating we fans who are already fans of the sport and have moved on to admiring various players from around the world. They just haven't caught up with us yet.
Well, if it's an extra, or sth, I don't mind cos I won't be buying.

I guess I can understand that. It's sports and it's a business. And it's unfortunate that we have to bear with American tennis.

Last edited by Vera : 11-05-2002 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #155
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Vera, when is your first date w Juanqui then?? Hope you speak some Spanish!! It would help [mind you, relying on a little, no a LOT of body language just might be the trick!!].

Hackie, you're right, we are way above the status quo of tennis, that's for sure! We are not only fans, we are INFORMED fans w a mind. And we can still love these guys for their looks too! After all, they make a living with their bodies, oops, that didn't come out right...!!

We're so far ahead, they will never catch up!! They only go for the MOR, safe stuff... BTW, I also like James!! He's quite lovely! The French mag had an interview w him and nice pix. I enjoy reading their interviews, even w players I'm not interested in. Just to get some background on the guys.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:29 PM   #156
Vera

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
speaking of complaining... I should complain to the ATP -- lately there seems to be an overwhelmingly American slant to the site -- or am I being paranoid??

Then there's this "who the hell are these guys anyway?" attitude out there re: non-American players AND no wonder tennis is not so popular in N. America.

Another Sampras article?!!! Enough already! Do it when he retires! Even the French tennis mag has been covering only two nations: France and USA. Every mag out there talks about Sampras and Agassi -- Spanish, German, Swiss, British... can't vouch for others.

I have to go to Europe to catch the latest issue of a foreign mag -- that's how I got that German mag, plus a couple of Spanish ones [they have some neat stores in Barcelona!!].

Anyway, so much for my rant!!
I always want to ask you, have any interesting articles about Juanqui when you are in Spain?

See, I love Pat and I can always find some Australian mag. that talked about him all the time on the net. So, I'm sure the Spanish magazine is all over the Spanish players too. Prob. is, I don't understand spanish.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #157
Vera

Quote:
Hey, Vera, when is your first date w Juanqui then?? Hope you speak some Spanish!! It would help [mind you, relying on a little, no a LOT of body language just might be the trick!!].
I still can't get a date with him in my dream. But I think I just saw him last week...for some reason, I dreamt that Costa was dead and Juanqui was in his funeral, he looked very sad. So I said to myself, no wonder Juanqui lost RG to Albert, bcos he knows his best friend is going to die so it's a last wish that he gave Albert.

lol@myself. Pretty silly, eh!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:35 PM   #158
RogiFan

Vera, there were only 2 mags that I bought in Spain! I w/have to get a subscription OR send away for back issues, which cost a fortune!! I would love some of those mags! Anyway, if I get around to reading the mags I'll check for info on Juanqui and post it for you.

Re: Aussie mag -- anything interesting in it lately? I rarely see it here -- it's so far behind. I missed the one w Pat on the cover!!! Anything w Rogi in it??

The Russian mag w/be good too but my Russian sucks big time -- it takes me a day to read one article -- no, more like a week!!! W a dictionary!!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:38 PM   #159
Vera

Wow, how many languages do you know?

Chapters always carries the Australian version of Tennis. Lately, it's all Hewitt, as one can understand. The talk about Pat here and there, but not much. I don't think I've seen Rogi in it.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:43 PM   #160
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Russian mag w/be good too but my Russian sucks big time -- it takes me a day to read one article -- no, more like a week!!! W a dictionary!!
LOL, you knew my ears would perk up at that! Where did you find a Russian magazine?

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:45 PM   #161
RogiFan

I've actually never seen one, not even in Barcelona's FNAC store, but I did look for it. I'd love to have one just for fun -- w Marat on the cover, of course!

My languages are French and Spanish, w a little Italian [I do read Italian tennis sites] and even less Russian -- it's too tough when you are away from it!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:50 PM   #162
Vera

I think I should go, but I'm having too much fun talking to you ladies. Well, I'm be back later then.

Ciao for now.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:57 PM   #163
RogiFan

Yeah, me too! I must finish making din, then eat it! Then I might just watch that wonderful Hamburg Final between Rogi and Marat...

Hasta manana, chicas!
Old 11-06-2002, 04:33 PM   #164
country flag ILR

ILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond repute

at me for missing this because of a school night..pfffft

Sami My captain. LFC forever! But John Terry rules!

Best of luck to: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Mark Philippoussis, Carlos Moya and Nico Lapentti. Tommy Haas is finally back! I missed you!
ILR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:06 PM   #165
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding him shaving his legs -

I posted a fun little series of pictures and captions in that thread on wtaworld!

I hope you all noticed me making fun of Andre

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote