1001 reasons why we love Juan Carlos Ferrero - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2002, 09:27 PM   #136
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
BTW, the pic they chose was not interesting [not that it didn't show Juanqui in a good light, but it was an oncourt photo] -- they should have shown him offcourt, preferably shirtless [they had a shirtless pic of andy...]. There are SO many hot photos of Juanqui to choose from!! What do these people know anyway?!
They (the media) does this a lot. Everyone seems to see Juan Carlos in a "awww, *so cute*, wouldn't he make a great brother?!" sort of light--like he's asexual or something

Not that I mind that Ferrero is so far under the "hot boys" radar, I kinda like only having to share him with a few people.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2002, 09:33 PM   #137
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

RF, did you put a scanner on your X'mas wish list

6 feet is perfect for me I'm 5'6".
Well, there's a lot of sexy guy they didn't include, apparently, a top player is sexier than a non-top. How'bout Nico can't you say he's not sexy! and Clement, his eyes can melt ice...Blake is pretty sexy...
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:34 PM   #138
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hackie:

I know what you mean -- I don't mind sharing him w fewer people too! Same w Rogi. Why Juanqui and Rogi are not always considered sexy and Pandy is, well, it's a mystery to me!! Oops, gotta check my dinner!

Maybe we should try another translation site... for fun!
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:36 PM   #139
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, exactly Vera! Boy, you sure think like I do!! And what about Carlos? I think you mentioned him already. Take out AA, Andy, Guga, JMG and replace w Nico, Arnaud, Carlos, James. Perfekt!!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:43 PM   #140
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
Yes, exactly Vera! Boy, you sure think like I do!! And what about Carlos? I think you mentioned him already. Take out AA, Andy, Guga, JMG and replace w Nico, Arnaud, Carlos, James. Perfekt!!
Hehehe, they always say great minds think alike. And we just have good taste. We could compose our own sexy list.

I agree too, Hackie. He is like the brother type to most ppl. I don't mind that ppl don't think he's a sex symbol. In fact, I hate it when a guy gets the sex symbol thing hanging on his neck, to me, it's demeaning. But Juanqui, everything I see in him, I like. I don't mind to be different, I just know that I'm with good company.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:47 PM   #141
RogiFan

Vera I think there was already some kind of top 10 thing a while ago but I don't mind doing the definitive SEXY list!!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:52 PM   #142
Vera

Well, I know who's Top 10 in my mind, and apparently, in yours too.

Hey RF, I think TSN's coverage of the TMC really sucks and I wrote a complain to them. Damn, only 1 taped match in the afternoon after a live soccer match which may run long. I wonder if they are going to show the whole match in one hour or sth.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:55 PM   #143
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
I agree too, Hackie. He is like the brother type to most ppl. I don't mind that ppl don't think he's a sex symbol. In fact, I hate it when a guy gets the sex symbol thing hanging on his neck, to me, it's demeaning. But Juanqui, everything I see in him, I like. I don't mind to be different, I just know that I'm with good company.
Have you read Deuce? They had this thing where they asked some girls (20ish) to rate the hottest players in a "tournament" of sorts. Juan Carlos lost to James, if I remember correctly, in like the second round. They all said, "Oh, he looks like my cousin! I couldn't date my cousin!"

But I agree, he just exudes some quality that I find intensely appealing. Maybe it's because he hasn't embraced his public self and tried to exaggerate it (a la Roddick--I liked Roddick last year, I liked his enthusiasm and his energy on court, but the hype has gotten to him and he's changed, which is sad for US men's tennis ). Maybe it's because he doesn't complain a lot or get into bitchfights about stupid things. Maybe it's because he just goes out there and does his thing, and when he gets confident (Roland Garros) he just plays even better.

I can't quite put my finger on it

Old 11-05-2002, 09:57 PM   #144
RogiFan

sometimes I wonder why they even bother! every final lately has been shown at midnight and only 1-1/2 hours!! big deal! I should complain too! You know what my fear is... that they'll only show you-know-who!!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:02 PM   #145
RogiFan

Hackie!

Yeah, I read that! I was not at all impressed w that article -- why didn't they choose a more diverse group of women?? Their results sucked for the most part. Also, I found the mag to be overly American-biased [what else is new!]. Do they plan on doing another issue? If so, I should make some suggestions. At least they had an article on Rogi. Juanqui does go out there and do his job -- no fussing around, no mindgames, no primadonna behaviour [like someone we know]. He's pretty mature for his age -- a testament to his upbringing!!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #146
country flag TennisHack

RF--

As far as I know, they are going to do another Deuce next year. It's supposed to be "the annual magazine of the ATP" I agree, it was really American-biased but overall, not half bad for a magazine about tennis. Disappointing coming from the ATP, but not too bad if you consider all of the tennis mags out there.

Yes, please do complain, I'm sure they're planning a HUGE "return of Pete Sampras" section for next year

Old 11-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #147
Vera

As a matter of fact, I did read Deuce. I bought it bcos they have Juan Carlos in it. See, I don't buy any "Tennis" Magazine, bcos Tennis only have Roddick, Sampras, JMG, Andre, and Roddick and Sampras...very rarely do they ever mention JC...

Anyway, you see, the picture they use in that article, with him in a helmet. WTF, I have to say his pic is very not appealing. And I think they deliberately use a bad picture. No wonder he lost so badly. Juanqui has a boyish look, so I'm not surprised of the result...Though, looking at Roddick, he looks so immature and I think he's worse than my teenage cousin...

I think I'm first impressed by his poise on court, never affected by his surrounding. He looks skinny but he has so much power which is surprising. And yes, he's not overwhelmed by success, still lives in his little town and....well, just everything about him impresses me.

Last edited by Vera : 11-06-2002 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:14 PM   #148
Vera

Quote:
Originally posted by TennisHack
RF--

As far as I know, they are going to do another Deuce next year. It's supposed to be "the annual magazine of the ATP" I agree, it was really American-biased but overall, not half bad for a magazine about tennis. Disappointing coming from the ATP, but not too bad if you consider all of the tennis mags out there.

Yes, please do complain, I'm sure they're planning a HUGE "return of Pete Sampras" section for next year
Oh god, that's why I pray to have these 2 retired, and Baldy not getting to #1. I had enough of them, then there's Roddick

The mag. is not too bad, bcos I only read the articles about Rafter, the Spaniards, Rogi, DC French team and all the winners of the TMS at the back since JC is one of them. So I say half of the stuffs is enjoyable. ATP is controlled by Americans, that's my impression.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:15 PM   #149
country flag TennisHack

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
I think I'm first impressed by his poise on court, never affected by his surrounding. He looks skinny but he has so much power which is surprising. And yes, he's not overwhelmed by success, still lives in his little town and....well, just everything about him impresses me.
Aww It's like a lovefest in here, LOL.

Old 11-05-2002, 10:16 PM   #150
Vera

I can certainly talk about Juanqui all days.