Time for Hewitt to Retire. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #16
country flag Ozdog

Ozdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for Hewitt to Retire.

Clarifying my post:

1.Hewitt needs to retire

2.He cannot be allowed to be part of the "political" side of tennis.

3.He is detrimental to the games "public persona" in Australia (the reasoning why he cannot be allowed to be part of TA)
4. I do not have a problem with him coaching juniors, as long as it is about them and not him. (and be honest, he will struggle with his ego on this one...look at tomic)

Sorry if i did not make point 4 clear in my opening post, I felt it was clear when I was referring to the upper levels what i meant, obviously it wasn't.

I won't engage oranges, as he/she is only attempting to esculate this thread into a trolling/shouting match and i have no time for rubbish like that.

As for Davis cup, maybe. but not so sure he has the ability to bring players together under his captaincy because of his devisive nature, i maybe wrong and would quite happily admit it if he proved it in the future, but I can't see it.

As for TA's Youth Policy, it is most certainly fragmented and very hard to get a complete detailed outline of it unless you are directly involved. In fact,a direct request to TA will result in you receiving a detailed outline of there 2009 policy, which was abolished early this year and hastily rewritten for 2010 will they finished the touches to there 2011 policy which will be implemented in 2015
That comes down to there being many many chiefs, but very few workers. And this is where I believe the clearing out of the upper levels, including devisive players is an essential step forward for tennis in this country. i am going to be flippant here and say this: Rafter or someone similar would oil the machine and get it working again to develop policies that would work, Hewitt would sell his story to new idea the moment things got rough.
Ozdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #17
country flag Pirao666

Pirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond reputePirao666 has a reputation beyond repute

I think TS should retire... from posting.

Hewitt is just outside the top 50 and has won a title this year, why should he retire?
Pirao666 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #18
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdog View Post
Clarifying my post:

1.Hewitt needs to retire

2.He cannot be allowed to be part of the "political" side of tennis.

3.He is detrimental to the games "public persona" in Australia (the reasoning why he cannot be allowed to be part of TA)
4. I do not have a problem with him coaching juniors, as long as it is about them and not him. (and be honest, he will struggle with his ego on this one...look at tomic)

Sorry if i did not make point 4 clear in my opening post, I felt it was clear when I was referring to the upper levels what i meant, obviously it wasn't.

I won't engage oranges, as he/she is only attempting to esculate this thread into a trolling/shouting match and i have no time for rubbish like that.

As for Davis cup, maybe. but not so sure he has the ability to bring players together under his captaincy because of his devisive nature, i maybe wrong and would quite happily admit it if he proved it in the future, but I can't see it.

As for TA's Youth Policy, it is most certainly fragmented and very hard to get a complete detailed outline of it unless you are directly involved. In fact,a direct request to TA will result in you receiving a detailed outline of there 2009 policy, which was abolished early this year and hastily rewritten for 2010 will they finished the touches to there 2011 policy which will be implemented in 2015
That comes down to there being many many chiefs, but very few workers. And this is where I believe the clearing out of the upper levels, including devisive players is an essential step forward for tennis in this country. i am going to be flippant here and say this: Rafter or someone similar would oil the machine and get it working again to develop policies that would work, Hewitt would sell his story to new idea the moment things got rough.
Okay. That should have been your opening post.

To the first point - Only Hewitt decides when he should retire, not you, not me, not anyone. He will step down when the hunger is no longer there. If that were to be tomorrow then so be it, he's achieved more in the game than anyone in this country for a long time. If it were to be another 5 years down the road then so be it as well. Hunger and enjoyment - these two elements will decide when it is time to hang up the racquet.

2nd point - He knows more about the politics of this sport on a global level and the recipe for success far more than most people employed at TA. He could influence our tennis association in a positive way if people are willing to accept him and his expertise.

3rd point - That is a matter of opinon and I can't change yours. Some people love him and some hate him. I just wish you wouldn't let your hatred get in the way of the bigger picture that is Australian tennis and its futuremoving foward.

4th point - I do not believe for one second Rusty would let his ego get in the way of the development of an aspiring tennis player. The whole Tomic incident was just a huge misunderstanding that the media naturally escalated to their benefit.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute

I already bought the fine champagne when it happens ...
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

but who will play for Australia, he played at a very high level, only injury greatly hampered, as would not like some idiots, Lleyton in the near future to finish his career will not be
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
I already bought the fine champagne when it happens ...
buy a house in a mental hospital
Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #22
country flag Ausie

I find it funny, so always leave Hewitt you're not the same, and so forth, but when it comes to Davis Cup, we all remember just about Hewitt, pray for him because the other players in the team inept
Old 11-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #23
country flag Ozdog

Ozdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Okay. That should have been your opening post.

To the first point - Only Hewitt decides when he should retire, not you, not me, not anyone. He will step down when the hunger is no longer there. If that were to be tomorrow then so be it, he's achieved more in the game than anyone in this country for a long time. If it were to be another 5 years down the road then so be it as well. Hunger and enjoyment - these two elements will decide when it is time to hang up the racquet.

2nd point - He knows more about the politics of this sport on a global level and the recipe for success far more than most people employed at TA. He could influence our tennis association in a positive way if people are willing to accept him and his expertise.

3rd point - That is a matter of opinon and I can't change yours. Some people love him and some hate him. I just wish you wouldn't let your hatred get in the way of the bigger picture that is Australian tennis and its futuremoving foward.

4th point - I do not believe for one second Rusty would let his ego get in the way of the development of an aspiring tennis player. The whole Tomic incident was just a huge misunderstanding that the media naturally escalated to their benefit.
1. Do you think his ego will allow him to be a journeyman?

2. Knowing about the mechanics of politics is one thing, how to actually be a constructive part of it is an entirely diffrent matter, something I believe he is incapable of.

3. There is a difference between seeing him a certain light that doesn't match yours, it doesn't make it hatred

4. We both have differing opinion on that, some see hewitt as the brat to the heir apparent, others see it in the other way around, so wont judge you on that.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #24
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdog View Post
1. Do you think his ego will allow him to be a journeyman?

2. Knowing about the mechanics of politics is one thing, how to actually be a constructive part of it is an entirely diffrent matter, something I believe he is incapable of.

3. There is a difference between seeing him a certain light that doesn't match yours, it doesn't make it hatred

4. We both have differing opinion on that, some see hewitt as the brat to the heir apparent, others see it in the other way around, so wont judge you on that.
1. He won't go back and play challengers if he drops out of the top 100 if thats what you are asking. He only cares about the slams now, you must have heard him mention this at least once - he never shuts up about that in interviews . I repeat though, as long as the hunger and the drive is still there he will still compete on the atp tour.

2. Well we'll agree to disagree on that one.

3. Okay thats fair enough. Not everyone likes everyone, the world would be a pretty boring place if we did. I know there are sides to him that people wouldn't like and I understand that but he does far more good for tennis and Australia than bad - will you agree with me on that?

4. Same to you.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #25
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

No.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #26
country flag Ozdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
1. He won't go back and play challengers if he drops out of the top 100 if thats what you are asking. He only cares about the slams now, you must have heard him mention this at least once - he never shuts up about that in interviews . I repeat though, as long as the hunger and the drive is still there he will still compete on the atp tour.

2. Well we'll agree to disagree on that one.

3. Okay thats fair enough. Not everyone likes everyone, the world would be a pretty boring place if we did. I know there are sides to him that people wouldn't like and I understand that but he does far more good for tennis and Australia than bad - will you agree with me on that?

4. Same to you.
1. I think each slam is getting harder, it is unlikely he will be seeded in any in 2011, so if it is all about hunger, then it will certainly be shown if he does continue past the AO. (yes, I am suggesting he will not play again after the AO)

2.Agreed

3.Not so sure

4. Agreed.

lol, only 2 sticking points left for us to reach agreement on (well 1 really, we both half agree with half of our 1's and 3's)
Old 11-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #27
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

He can retire when he wants to retire. If he still enjoys competition and can win an odd title or two, why not?

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

No, no. Hewitt is good player. He can be top 30 player again.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #29
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

Can this thread be merged with the dozen other 'Hewitt/Federer/X/Y/Z should retire' threads? Or maybe we should just have a 'Suggested Retirements Forum' here on MTF.

Seriously though, Lleyton will retire either when he wants to (I suspect he'd like to play in the 2012 Olympics) or when his body forces him too (possibly pretty soon, but hopefully not).
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #30
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

What is this baby SMS scam about? It sounds interesting! Did they run an SMS competition to name the latest baby? (Just taking a guess there)
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote