Time for Hewitt to Retire. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
country flag Ozdog

Ozdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time for Hewitt to Retire.

Personally i think he should of done it 2 years ago, but now is the time for him to hang it up. At his best now, he isn't top 20 anymore. He should take his victory on grass against federer this year as his swan song and leave the game. He has consistently brought the game into disrepute in Australia in the last few years with the latest "baby sms scam" the end of a long list of things that only an ego out of control would allow. He has for too long had too much say in the running of TA and it has been to our young and upcoming players detriment. A clean out of the upper levels across the board of Tennis is needed in Australia and Hewitt needs to be one of the first to go.
Ozdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time for Hewitt to Retire.

Yeah you're right but his c'mmon's will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
country flag Ozdog

Ozdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond reputeOzdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLE 107 View Post
Yeah you're right but his c'mmon's will be missed.
maybe for some, to others it maybe a relief
Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea what kind of scam you're talking about and how is he in any way detrimental to TA. Other than that, I despise from the bottom of my heart when self-proclaimed authorities on tennis boards feel called upon to determine when someone should or should not retire. Unless it is obvious there is some physical problems making it impossible to be competitive, you just have no idea whether he still has something to offer or not. Not that his results have been poor, but even if they are, perhaps the guy wants to enjoy himself some more on tour. His life, his career. I can't even imagine how it has any bearing on other Australian players. Someone of his stature does not need any kind of backing from the federation, so what the heck are you talking about.
oranges is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

i know.
For me, he was one of the best counter punchers in tennis history.His game will be missed for sure.
Injuries desteroyed his body pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #6
country flag Ozdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
I have no idea what kind of scam you're talking about and how is he in any way detrimental to TA. Other than that, I despise from the bottom of my heart when self-proclaimed authorities on tennis boards feel called upon to determine when someone should or should not retire. Unless it is obvious there is some physical problems making it impossible to be competitive, you just have no idea whether he still has something to offer or not. Not that his results have been poor, but even if they are, perhaps the guy wants to enjoy himself some more on tour. His life, his career. I can't even imagine how it has any bearing on other Australian players. Someone of his stature does not need any kind of backing from the federation, so what the heck are you talking about.
If a player continues to bring the game into disrepute, as he has done, the game sinks into the mire as far as the media is concerned. Tennis has a bad rep in this country, due mainly to hewitt's behavior on and off the court. When TA continues to instruct coaches to teach the "hewitt" type of play to juniors, then it is detrimental to the game in the country and to the players, as it is out-dated and wasn't that good to begin with (He was and should be seen exactly for what he was, a generational change number 1). What worked for a year almost a decade ago should be left there. But you can be guaranteed come January, everything will be set to suit hewitt who will once again fail, while our juniors will once again see another year slip by where small things could of been tweaked to help them, wont be because TA continues to back Hewitt's antiquated style of play.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #7
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozdog View Post
Personally i think he should of done it 2 years ago, but now is the time for him to hang it up. At his best now, he isn't top 20 anymore. He should take his victory on grass against federer this year as his swan song and leave the game. He has consistently brought the game into disrepute in Australia in the last few years with the latest "baby sms scam" the end of a long list of things that only an ego out of control would allow. He has for too long had too much say in the running of TA and it has been to our young and upcoming players detriment. A clean out of the upper levels across the board of Tennis is needed in Australia and Hewitt needs to be one of the first to go.
While I do agree with some of your points, mainly the baby sms stuff, the bolded part is complete bullshit. Hewitt has one of the smartest tennis brains out there, he pretty much coaches himself and only his stubborness gets in the way of him changing up his game style. When he retires he should be allowed to help our juniors, they all idolise him and they could learn a thing or two about representing our country and never giving up.

The fact that you think Hewitt needs to wiped completely out of tennis in this country is an absolutely absurd and ludicrous thought. Who's been better than him in our country for the last 30 years?

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #8
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

You must be joking. You essentially want him to retire because others set him and his game as an example Shouldn't you be lambasting those responsible for the development of said young players? And who's to say the same will not continue when he retires? Quite frankly, all I'm reading from your posts is that you intensely dislike him, which is no reason for him to retire. Otherwise, Murray and Djokovic should retire right now as far as I'm concerned, instead of bringing the tennis in disrepute

BTW, I love the condescension with which you speak of generational No1 It's peanuts, Xristos could do it if he set his mind to it. I can't imagine what an actual Hewitt fan thinks of this rubbish.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #9
country flag Gabe32

Gabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond repute

Like 4 months ago he beat Federer in a grass final.

If I were a pro tennis player I would want to ride out my career as long as possibe. Especially if I were somebody as big as Hewitt.

Last edited by Gabe32 : 11-23-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Gabe32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #10

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
You must be joking. You essentially want him to retire because others set him and his game as an example Shouldn't you be lambasting those responsible for the development of said young players? And who's to say the same will not continue when he retires? Quite frankly, all I'm reading from your posts is that you intensely dislike him, which is no reason for him to retire. Otherwise, Murray and Djokovic should retire right now as far as I'm concerned, instead of bringing the tennis in disrepute

BTW, I love the condescension with which you speak of generational No1 It's peanuts, Xristos could do it if he set his mind to it. I can't imagine what an actual Hewitt fan thinks of this rubbish.
Well said mate.

This guys letting his personal hate for Hewitt get in the way of reasonable judgement. If you were a true fan Ozdog, you'd realise the reason for our juniors struggling to crack it on the main tour is because the game has moved on and there are barely any teenagers at all in the top 200 (Dimitrov - I think thats it). Also TA cuts the funding of all our juniors if they haven't made it by the time they're 18 due to their ridiculous youth policy. I don't know how you can possibly blame Hewitt for their lack od success so far.

Hewitt has single handedly carried this sport in our country for an entire decade now and you want to boot him out of the sport in our country - you have absolutely no idea hater.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #11
country flag Ozdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
While I do agree with some of your points, mainly the baby sms stuff, the bolded part is complete bullshit. Hewitt has one of the smartest tennis brains out there, he pretty much coaches himself and only his stubborness gets in the way of him changing up his game style. When he retires he should be allowed to help our juniors, they all idolise him and they could learn a thing or two about representing our country and never giving up.

The fact that you think Hewitt needs to wiped completely out of tennis in this country is an absolutely absurd and ludicrous thought. Who's been better than him in our country for the last 30 years?
Firstly, I don't want him wiped out from tennis in this country. I just dont think it would be good for tennis as whole if he was to have anything to do with the "political" side of it all. As for coaching, yeah for sure as long as he isn't intent on making them clones of him, as you yourself admit to the fact he needed too, but didn't change with the times. I do have a lot to do with 9-15 year old players in my area and if they are the norm, then he is definately not an idol any longer, if these 40-50 kids are to go by.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
country flag Ozdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Well said mate.

This guys letting his personal hate for Hewitt get in the way of reasonable judgement. If you were a true fan Ozdog, you'd realise the reason for our juniors struggling to crack it on the main tour is because the game has moved on and there are barely any teenagers at all in the top 200 (Dimitrov - I think thats it). Also TA cuts the funding of all our juniors if they haven't made it by the time they're 18 due to their ridiculous youth policy. I don't know how you can possibly blame Hewitt for their lack od success so far.

Hewitt has single handedly carried this sport in our country for an entire decade now and you want to boot him out of the sport in our country - you have absolutely no idea hater.
I thought you were going to have a legitimate debate until you followed the lead of oranges and resorted to tacky insults
Old 11-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #13
country flag oranges

^^ Well, he did offer you arguments, you just don't feel like responding to them as it doesn't fit your agenda
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Firstly, I don't want him wiped out from tennis in this country. I just dont think it would be good for tennis as whole if he was to have anything to do with the "political" side of it all. As for coaching, yeah for sure as long as he isn't intent on making them clones of him, as you yourself admit to the fact he needed too, but didn't change with the times. I do have a lot to do with 9-15 year old players in my area and if they are the norm, then he is definately not an idol any longer, if these 40-50 kids are to go by.
In your opening post you said Hewitt needed to be one of the first to go. Now you're saying you wouldn't mind him coaching juniors. I'm a bit confused there.

Of course he wouldn't make them clones of him, players have their own strenghs and weaknesses, he can't just tell a player how to play.

Maybe some of the kids you see haven't seen him play his whole career and only began following him recently when he hasn't had the same success. We all know the kids love a winner. Ask any kid who their favourite player is and they will say Fed or Rafa.

Anyway I see Rusty being more in the Davis Cup field, but he is essential to tennis going foward in this country - that much is for certain.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #15

Quote:
I thought you were going to have a legitimate debate until you followed the lead of oranges and resorted to tacky insults
So why didn't you respond to my points brought up about TA's youth policy and the game moving on? It takes two to tango buddy.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.