Pick-A-Winner #65 - ATP World Tour Finals 2010 | Final Update | Congrats to sdtoot - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pick-A-Winner #65 - ATP World Tour Finals 2010 | Final Update | Congrats to sdtoot

PICK-A-WINNER (PAW)#65 - ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS 2010

Previous Winners

2009: 1.n3gative 2.gulzhan
2008: 1.Ex Lion Tamer 2.JBdV
2007: 1.keqtqiadv 2.greatkingrat
2006: 1.Sambuca 2.sparkus8
2005: 1.sparkus8 2.bad gambler
2004: 1.Bilbo 2.Pironkov

Welcome to Pick-A-Winner (PAW), the Predictions game!

Playing is simple: over the course of the tournament choose any 7 matches from the Group stages, Semi-Final and Final, and post who you think will win them. The scoring points besides each fixture represent the points you score if the corresponding player wins. Whoever has the most points at the end of the tournament is the winner.

Participants
The ATP World Tour Finals is open to the top 16 ranked players in the PAW Champions Race after the last ATP tournament of the year (MS Paris). Players ranked 17 and 18 in the Champions Race will be ALT's 1 and 2 and will be used in case one of the top 16 ranked players fails to play the tournament.

A qualified player who has not posted any picks before the start time of the first match of the final day of Group matches will be considered as a 'no-show' and will be replaced by an Alternate. Alternate players may post their PAW picks until it is determined that they cannot play the tournament.

Tie Break Rules
In case several players have the same number of points, the following rules will be used to determine their final position:-
1. The greater number of correct picks.
If there is still a tie then:
2. The greater points of a single pick.
If there is still a tie then the greater second-best pick and so on.
No pick will be considered better than 0 points.
3. Champions Race ranking.

Posting your picks
Please post your picks in the following format:
PAW# Player A (winner) over/def Player B (loser)
# number of pick in ascending order (1 to 7)
Please use the official last names of players, not nicknames.
A valid pick must include the names of both players (winner first) and the word over or def.

Before posting picks, check that the matches haven't started yet. A pick that is posted after a match started is invalid and may be replaced. In case a match doesn't take place due to withdrawal or change of the draw, the pick is invalid and may be replaced. If a player retires or defaulted after the match has started (even if one point was played), the pick is valid.

Changing your picks
If you want to ammend a previous pick (cancel or change), quote the original post and add a new message. Don't edit the post and never delete it!
A moderator (bad gambler) will scan this thread every day to track on deleted/edited posts. If you caught cheating, you will be automatically disqualified from this tournament. In certain case, you might be banned from playing temporarily or permanently. Please play fairly, everybody!

Don't forget, you're limited to 7 picks throughout the whole tournament.

PAW Champions Race – here

PAW Entry Ranking – here

Time in London - here

Ranking Points (ATP World Tour Finals, 16 Players):-

Code:
1st ---- 750 ..... 9th ---- 177
2nd ---- 525 ..... 10th --- 168
3rd ---- 431 ..... 11th --- 159
4th ---- 337 ..... 12th --- 150
5th ---- 300 ..... 13th --- 140
6th ---- 262 ..... 14th --- 131
7th ---- 225 ..... 15th --- 121
8th ---- 187 ..... 16th --- 112
If MTF is down (or slow) post your PAWS on alternative forum - http://www.pawforum.ovh.org

Good Luck to all players.

Shaun

Last edited by sdtoot : 11-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pick-A-Winner #65 - ATP World Tour Finals 2010

PAW Entry List

Qualifiers (As of 15th November 2010)

Code:
SEED	NAME___________________	NAT	RACE RNK PTS

..1.	Labamba________________	FIN	3298
..2.	Barlos_________________	GBR	2826
..3.	Dupuis2006_____________	CAN	2678
..4.	robuś__________________	POL	2588
..5.	Björki_________________	SWE	2522
..6.	Sheva__________________	NED	2298	
..7.	sdtoot_________________	GBR	2247	
..8.	TankingTheSet__________	NED	2216	
..9.	qczi___________________	HUN	2176
.10.	jrm____________________	SLO	2120	
.11.	Black Friday___________	CAN	2086
.12.	Caio_Brasil____________	BRA	1997	
.13.	Wojtek_________________	POL	1931
.14.	Hamstory_______________	PER	1905
.15.	Rafter_forever_________	AUS	1902
.16.	n3gative_______________	CAN	1886
Alternates

Code:
SEED	NAME___________________	NAT	RACE RNK PTS

ALT1	Rik.___________________	NED	1883
ALT2	Hellcat________________	GBR	1822
PAW Player Profiles

Players Ranked 1 to 8

Code:
1. Labamba (Finland) 

Name : Ville

Current Entry Rank : 1 (Pts : 3729)

Career PAW Titles : 8 - Bangkok 2005, Rotterdam 2007, Washington 2007, Moscow 2007, Bangkok 2008, MS Indian Wells 2010,
 MS Monte-Carlo 2010, US Open 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 2nd Marseille, 1st MS Indian Wells, 1st Monte-Carlo, 4th Belgrade, 5th Newport, 4th Los Angeles,
 1st US Open, 4th Metz, 2nd Moscow.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 43rd Aust Open, 21st Roland Garros, 18th Wimbledon, 1st US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 2 : 2007 (13th) & 2009 (3rd).

Favourite ATP players : Jarkko Nieminen

Fact : Labamba is the current No.1 ranked PAW player and moved to the top of the rankings in September following his first
 Grand Slam title win at the US Open. His two other title wins this year came at the Indian Wells and Monte-Carlo Masters series
 events to give him a very healthy lead at the top of the PAW Entry Rankings. Labamba has just completed his fifth year playing
 PAW and this will be his third appearance at the PAW WTF.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : It has been the best year of my career. Winning the US Open and also two
 Masters Series titles (Indian Wells and Monte Carlo) were the biggest highlights.

What are your expectations for next year : To fight for the #1 spot as long as possible and to win a couple more titles.

2. Barlos (Great Britain) 

Name : Paul

Current Entry Rank : 2 (Pts : 2826)

Career PAW Titles :  2 – St.Petersburg 2009, Stockholm 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 3rd Sydney, 6th Aust Open, 2nd Zagreb, 5th Memphis, 3rd Acapulco, 2nd MS Rome, 3rd Wimbledon,
 2nd Newport, 6th MS Toronto, 1st Stockholm.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 6th Aust Open, 35th Roland Garros, 3rd Wimbledon, 22nd US Open. 

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 0

Favourite ATP player : Andy Murray

Fact : Barlos started this year ranked 36th but a strong result at the Australian Open and a number of top 3 finishes
 in the first half of the season saw him move steadily up the rankings into the top 10 by early May. A 3rd place finish at
 Wimbledon was enough to give him the No.1 spot in the rankings up until the US Open. Barlos makes his debut at the WTF and
 will be looking to secure his current No.2 position in the rankings with another strong result.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : I've had a fantastic season & played well above my expectations. I would
 have been happy just to make these finals but to hold the world #1 spot & finish ranked #2 despite not making the ATP Tour
 finals last year is amazing. However, I was a little disappointed to win only 1 title after having so many chances to take
 more during the year.

What are your expectations for next year : To be honest, with so many ranking points to defend, I expect to slowly move
 down the world rankings next year. My aims are to stay inside the top 10, win a title or two & make the ATP Tour finals again.
 It would be fantastic to win a grand slam or regain the world #1 spot though. 

3. Dupuis2006 (Canada) 

Name : Todd

Current Entry Rank : 4 (Pts : 2678)

Career PAW Titles :  4 – Tokyo 2008, Aust Open 2010, MS Rome 2010, Tokyo 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 1st Aust Open, 1st MS Rome, 4th Estoril, 5th Bastad, 1st Tokyo, 4th Stockholm.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 1st Aust Open, 59th Roland Garros, 28th Wimbledon, 28th US Open.

Favourite ATP players : Roger Federer/ Antony Dupuis

Fact : Dupuis2006 is one of only three players to have won 3 PAW titles this year. Despite starting the year ranked 53,
 a GS title at the Australian Open and a MS title at Rome catapulted him into the top 10 rankings by early May. A further title
 later in the year in Tokyo moved him into the top 5 and he can secure a top 3 ranking if he has strong debut at this year’s
 PAW WTF. 

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : I'm really happy with this season. It's the first year I really focused on
 playing each week so I'm really happy I did so well. Anybody who plays PAW knows it's not easy to win Titles so to win 3,
 including a Grand Slam and a 1000 Event makes me really happy! Hopefully I can do well in London and stay Top 3 for the year.

What are your expectations for next year : My goal is to win at least 1 title and finish in Top 16 so I can Qualify for
 the Year End Champs again!

4. robuś (Poland) 

Name : Robert

Current Entry Rank : 6 (Pts : 2588)

Career PAW Titles : 10 – Indianapolis 2005, Umag 2005, Beijing 2005, Lyon 2005, Chennai 2006, Bastad 2006, Dubai 2007,
 Chennai 2008, Buenos Aires 2008, Halle 2008.

Best results in 2010 : 4th Doha, 4th MS Monte-Carlo, 3rd Roland Garros, 4th Newport, 6th MS Cincinatti, 2nd Montpellier,
 6th Basel.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 7th Aust Open, 3rd Roland Garros, 16th Wimbledon, 37th US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 4 - 2005 (7th), 2006 (12th), 2007 (5th), 2008 (8th).

Favourite ATP player : ?

Fact : Despite not winning a title since 2008, robuś is still the most successful player in PAW history winning 10 titles
 and having previously held the No.1 ranking in two spells for 54 weeks during 2007/08. Following a lean year in 2009, robuś has
 bounced back up the rankings this year with a number of strong results at the Grand Slams and Masters Series events. This will
 be his fifth appearance at the PAW WTF’s in the last six years.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : ?

What are your expectations for next year : ?

5. Björki (Sweden) 

Name : Peggy

Current Entry Rank : 3 (Pts : 2690)

Career PAW Titles : 8 - Wimbledon 2005, MS Toronto 2006, MS Rome 2007, Rotterdam 2008, Stockholm 2008, Beijing 2009,
 MS Madrid 2010, London Queens 2010.

Best Results in 2010 : 2nd Brisbane, 1st MS Madrid, 1st London Queens, 2nd Bastad, 5th Stockholm, 2nd MS Paris.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 12th Aust Open, 12th Roland Garros, 37th Wimbledon, 30th US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 4 - 2005 (4th), 2006 (14th), 2008 (5th), 2009 (10th).

Fact : Björki has had yet another very consistent year in PAW and maintained her record of winning at least one PAW
 title every year since 2005, with victories at Madrid and Queens. As with robuś, Björki makes her fifth appearance at the
 PAW WTF’s in six years and she will be looking to improve on her 10th place finish last year.

6. Sheva (Netherlands) 

Name : ?

Current Race/Entry Rank : 8 (Pts : 2298)

Career PAW Titles : 7 -  Amersfoort 2006, s-Hertogenbosch 2007, Costa do Sauipe 2008, Amersfoort 2008, Vienna 2009,
 Doha 2010, Wimbledon 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 1st Doha, 6th Sydney, 5th MS Madrid, 7th Roland Garros, 1st Wimbledon.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 42nd Aust Open, 7th Roland Garros, 1st Wimbledon, 32nd US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 1 – 2008 (13th).

Fact : Sheva won the opening PAW tournament of the year at Doha and followed this with his/her first grand slam title
 at Wimbledon. Good results were fairly scarce for Sheva in the second half of the season but the early season form was enough
 for him/her to qualify for a second appearance at the PAW WTF’s.

7. sdtoot (Great Britain) 

Name : Shaun

Current Entry Rank : 7 (Pts : 2509)

Career PAW Titles : 3 - Umag 2008, Metz 2009, MS Paris 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 4th Chennai, 3rd Eastbourne, 2nd Metz, 5th Kuala Lumpur, 6th Moscow, 6th St. Petersburg, 
6th Basel, 1st MS Paris.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 29th Aust Open, 34th Roland Garros, 13th Wimbledon, 14th US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 1 : 2009 (5th).

Favourite ATP players : Andy Murray and Karol Beck.

Fact : sdtoot makes his second successive appearance at the PAW WTF’s, after making a late move up the rankings with
 his only title of the year at MS Paris. A number of top ten finishes including 2nd place at Metz and 3rd place at Eastbourne
 were the highlights of his season.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : Fortunately, my form improved during the second half of the season to
 allow me to make a late push for a place in the PAW World Tour Finals. I was very happy to win my only title this year at
 the final tournament in Paris. Hopefully I can continue my good form this week and defend my 5th place ranking points from
 last year’s tournament.

What are your expectations for next year : To try to stay in the top 10 ranked players and hopefully qualify again for
 the WTF’s in 2011.

8. TankingTheSet (Netherlands) 

Name : Harm

Current Entry Rank : 11 (Pts : 2216)

Career PAW Titles :  5 – Sopot 2007, Auckland 2008, Gstaad 2008, Bucharest 2009, Gstaad 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 3rd Santiago, 4th Costa do Sauipe, 5th London Queens, 2nd Eastbourne, 2nd Hamburg, 1st Gstaad,
 4th US Open, 2nd Kuala Lumpur, 2nd Beijing, 6th Valencia.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 63rd Aust Open, 15th Roland Garros, 9th Wimbledon, 4th US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Not one in particular

Fact : Rather surprisingly, TankingTheSet makes his debut appearance at the PAW WTF’s following a very consistent year
 in PAW which included his fifth PAW title at Gstaad (which he also won in 2008) and two top 10 finishes at Wimbledon and the
 US Open.   

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : Glad to have made the finals without a really big result in big tournaments
 (I've always done well in the smaller tournaments in PAW).

What are your expectations for next year : Don't expect to repeat this year's performance.

Players Ranked 9 to 16

Code:
9. qczi (Hungary) 

Name : Peter

Current Entry Rank : 12 (Pts : 2176)

Career PAW Titles :  1 - Buenos Aires 2009.

Best results in 2010 : 6th MS Indian Wells, 3rd MS Miami, 5th Casablanca, 2nd Estoril, 5th Roland Garros, 3rd Tokyo,
 3rd Stockholm.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 66th Aust Open, 5th Roland Garros, 30th Wimbledon, 13th US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Jürgen Melzer

Fact : Despite not winning a title this year, qczi has recorded a number of strong results throughout the year
 (including a 5th place at Roland Garros) to secure his debut appearance at this year’s PAW WTF’s. 

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : Last season a disappointing second half run cost me a place in the PAW
 WTF, but thanks to a more balanced 2010 season, I can finally participate in the year's last PAW event. Only downside in
 an overall good season is my complete lack of titles.

What are your expectations for next year : Winning a title somewhere and making it to top 16 again.

10. jrm (Slovenia) 

Name : Tina, short for Valentina

Current Entry Rank : 10 (Pts : 2260)

Career PAW Titles : 4 – s-Hertogenbosch 2004, MS Cincinnati 2004, Metz 2007, Acapulco 2009.

Best results in 2010 : 2nd Acapulco, 6th Wimbledon, 6th Gstaad, 5th MS Cincinnati, 4th Bangkok, 4th Beijing,
 3rd Montpellier.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 11th Aust Open, 11th Roland Garros, 6th Wimbledon, 33rd US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 3 - 2004 (6th), 2007 (8th), 2009 (13th).

Favourite ATP player : Only one??? Though one! I'll go with my current favourite: Tomas Berdych

Fact : jrm is one of the few remaining players who has played PAW since its beginning in 2004 and is the only person
 playing this week to have played at the first ever PAW Masters Cup in 2004. Despite not winning a title this year, she
 recorded three strong results at the Grand Slams plus a number of other top 5 finishes in smaller tournaments during the year.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : I feel I have achieved a level where I want to be; solid results, never
 right on the top but lurking, just above! My style of play doesn't allow me to be contender for top spots as I tend to
 avoid big points matches (hoping those won't happen in the end) therefore you should see me high in the rankings in
 tournaments with no real shockers!

What are your expectations for next year : It's a dream to be No.1 so I could be one of rare people claiming top spot
 in PAW ATP and WTA but for that I need best results in big tournaments. I'm not putting any pressure on me; if it happens,
 it will happen ... if not I'll not moan over. One thing that worries me in 2011: all injured players coming back (del Potro,
 Haas, Karlovic etc) and the crazy points odds ... I was trying to avoid Tursunov this year but those will surely get PR
 entries in big tournaments! And I hope one day retirement at any stage of a match will be ground for replacement!

11. Black Friday (Canada) 

Name : Paul

Current Entry Rank : 14 (Pts : 2086)

Career PAW Titles :  0

Best results in 2010 : 5th San Jose, 3rd Houston, 6th MS Monte-Carlo, 4th Roland Garros, 3rd MS Cincinnati,
 5th New Haven, 4th Kuala Lumpur, 4th St.Petersburg.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 39th Aust Open, 4th Roland Garros, 15th Wimbledon, 21st US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Roger Federer

Fact : In his first year playing PAW, Black Friday recorded a number of top 5 finishes throughout the year
 (including 4th place at Roland Garros) to secure his debut appearance at the 2010 PAW WTF’s.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : I felt I did very well considering this is my first season playing
 PAW. Even though I didn't win a title I did very well in several big events and I felt I improved throughout the season.

What are your expectations for next year : I hope I can break into the top 5 and win my first title.

12. Caio_Brasil (Brasil) 

Name : Caio

Current Entry Rank : 13 (Pts : 2156)

Career PAW Titles : 5 - Queens 2007, MS Madrid 2007, Lyon 2007, Santiago 2010, Estoril 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 6th Doha, 1st Santiago, 4th MS Miami, 1st Estoril, 3rd MS Madrid, 2nd Gstaad,
 2nd MS Cincinnati.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 92nd Aust Open, 33rd Roland Garros, 25th Wimbledon, 60th US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 1 – 2009 (11th)

Favourite ATP player : Juan Monaco.

Fact : Some very strong results over the first half of the season, including title wins at Santaigo and Estoril
 saw Caio move up into the top 10 rankings by mid season. However, after a 2nd place finish at MS Cincinnati, his form
 dipped during the second half of the season but he had done enough to secure a second successive appearance at this
 year’s PAW WTF’s. Unfortunately, Caio has recently announced that he will retire from the game after this tournament,
 so it would be great if he could finish off his PAW career with a big result this week.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : I started playing very well, had great results and managed to win
 a title again (last time was in 2007) which made me really happy. Winning both titles this year were good moments as
 well as some winning picks I enjoyed (Baghdatis over Nadal was probably the best one, pushed me to 2nd place I guess
 and was a fun match to follow).

What are your expectations for next year : After 4 years playing I'm retiring next year as well as from all other
 MTF games. Had a great time and PAW was definately the one I enjoyed the most

13. Wojtek (Poland)  

Name : Wojtek

Current Entry Rank : 16 (Pts : 1931)

Career PAW Titles :  0

Best results in 2010 : 4th Aust Open, 2nd Costa do Sauipe, 4th Buenos Aires, 6th Acapulco, 4th Halle, 6th Bastad,
 3rd Umag, 3rd US Open, 5th Moscow, 4th Montpellier.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 4th Aust Open, 43rd Roland Garros, 54th Wimbledon, 3rd US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Federer and Nadal

Fact : Wojtek started the year ranked 70th and has scored a number of top finishes throughout the year, including
 4th place at the Australian Open and 3rd place at the US Open, to secure his debut appearance at the PAW WTF’s. 

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : It was quite ok season for me but I still haven't won a title.

What are your expectations for next year : Looking for the first title.

14. Hamstory (Germany/Peru) 

Name : Sayri

Current Entry Rank : 17 (Pts : 1905)

Career PAW Titles :  2 – Rotterdam 2010, Munich 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 1st Rotterdam, 5th Delray Beach, 1st Munich, 6th MS Madrid, 4th Nice, 5th MS Toronto,
 6th Metz.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 38th Aust Open, 18th Roland Garros, 27th Wimbledon, 40th US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Mardy Fish

Fact : Hamstory had an excellent first half of the season where he won two PAW titles at Rotterdam and Munich.
 His results in the second half of the season were not as strong but he had built up enough points to secure his debut
 appearance at this year’s PAW WTF’s.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : Well, my first complete season and by far my most successful. I am
 happy with my first titles, although my performances at the Grand Slams were bad. Like the 2nd half of the year my
 results were not that good. Now I want to win this last tournament and finish this season with my third victory of the year.

What are your expectations for next year : I hope to be able to qualify for the World Tour Finals for a second
 time in a row and to defend my titles at Munich and Rotterdam, maybe win a Grand Slam.

15. Rafter_forever (Australia) 

Name : ?

Current Entry Rank : 18 (Pts : 1902)

Career PAW Titles :  1 – Roland Garros 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 1st Roland Garros, 5th s-Hertogenbosch, 4th Atlanta, 5th Bucharest, 6th Tokyo.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : DNP Aust Open, 1st Roland Garros, 7th Wimbledon, 58th US Open.

Fact : Shortly after starting his PAW career in late April, Rafter_forever shot up the PAW rankings with his first
 PAW title at Roland Garros and a 7th place a few weeks later at Wimbledon. Further top six positions in smaller tournaments
 later in the year were just about good enough for him to secure a debut appearance in the PAW WTF’s. 

16. n3gative (Canada) 

Name : Adam

Current Entry Rank : 5 (Pts : 2636)

Career PAW Titles : 7 - US Open 2007, Warsaw 2008, Kitzbuhel 2009,  MS Shanghai 2009,  London WTF 2009,
 Costa do Sauipe 2010, Marseille 2010.

Best Results in 2010 : 1st Costa do Sauipe, 1st Marseille, 2nd Delray Beach, 3rd MS Indian Wells, 3rd s-Hertogenbosch,
 6th Newport, 2nd Bangkok, 5th Basel.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 54th Aust Open, 13th Roland Garros, 41st Wimbledon, 26th US Open.

No. of PAW WTF Appearances : 2 - 2007 (12th),  2009 (1st).

Favourite ATP players : Jarkko Nieminen

Fact : n3gative is the current PAW WTF title holder and has briefly held the No.1 ranking position on two occasions
 during 2010. Two more PAW titles came his way this year in Costa do Sauipe and Marseille and he will no doubt be very
 relieved to have secure enough points to claim the final spot in this year’s PAW WTF, to give him the chance to defend
 his title. 

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : Mostly disappointment after winning some early titles. Some lackluster
 results for the majority of the year, so I feel extremely lucky to make the year end finals. Bright spot was getting the
 #1 ranking, for a little while at least. 

What are your expectations for next year : Time permitting, hopefully I can help out the hard working PAW staff and
 manage a couple of events as well as claim a few more titles and retake the #1 spot!

Alternates

Code:
17. Rik. (Netherlands) 

Name : Rik

Current Entry Rank : 19 (Pts : 1883)

Career PAW Titles :  4 – Bstaad 2008, Johannesburg 2010, Memphis 2010, Delray Beach 2010.

Best results in 2010 : 6th Chennai, 1st Johannesburg, 1st Memphis, 1st Delray Beach, 4th MS Indian Wells, 3rd Barcelona.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 35th Aust Open, 27th Roland Garros, 60th Wimbledon, 24th US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Roger Federer

Fact : Rik can count himself to be extremely unlucky to lose out on an automatic spot in this year’s PAW WTF’s by
 only 3 ranking points. He catapulted up the rankings with an excellent first half of the season which included 3 title wins
 in one month at Johannesburg, Memphis and Delray Beach. He will no doubt be hoping that one qualified player fails to show
 this week so that he can make his debut at the PAW WTF’s.

How do you feel about your 2010 PAW Season : I had a very good year in the little tournaments, but the grand slams I
 did nothing special.

What are your expectations for next year : I think it will be difficult to win 3 titles again, but I hope to do better
 in big events.

18. Hellcat (Great Britain) 

Name : Chris

Current Entry Rank : 20 (Pts : 1822)

Career PAW Titles : 0

Best results in 2010 : 2nd Dubai, 2nd Belgrade, 4th Wimbledon, 5th Metz, 5th Bangkok.

Grand Slam Results 2010 : 16th Aust Open, 19th Roland Garros, 4th Wimbledon, 36th US Open.

Favourite ATP player : Fernando Gonzalez.

Fact : Consistent results at the Grand Slams including 4th at Wimbledon, plus runner-up spots at Dubai and Belgrade
 were the highlight of the season for Hellcat. If two qualified players fail to show this week then he will make his debut
 appearance at the PAW WTF’s.

Last edited by sdtoot : 11-19-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
country flag sdtoot

ATP Entry List

Rankings as of 15th November 2010

Code:
SEED	NAME			NAT	RANKING PTS

..1.	Rafael Nadal		ESP	11450
..2.	Roger Federer		SUI	7645
..3.	Novak Djokovic		SRB	5635
..4.	Robin Soderling		SWE	5380
..5.	Andy Murray		GBR	5360
..6.	Tomas Berdych		CZE	3755
..7.	David Ferrer		ESP	3735
..8.	Andy Roddick		USA	3665

Last edited by sdtoot : 11-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
country flag paw board

paw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond repute

Scoring Points

Matches in GREEN to be played Sunday.
Matches in RED can no longer be picked.
Winners in BOLD

Final
Code:
R. Nadal (1)................ vs R. Federer (2).............. (8-12)*
*Note - Final picks may be sent via pm to Aenea

SF
Code:
R.Nadal (1)................. vs A.Murray (5)................ (7-15)
R.Federer (2)............... vs N.Djokovic (3).............. (9-12)
GROUP STAGES:-

Code:
GROUP A
R. Nadal (1)................ vs N. Djokovic (3)............. (7-14)
R. Nadal (1)................ vs T. Berdych (6).............. (6-17)
R. Nadal (1)................ vs A. Roddick (8).............. (6-18)
N. Djokovic (3)............. vs T. Berdych (6).............. (8-12)
N. Djokovic (3)............. vs A. Roddick (8).............. (8-12)
T. Berdych (6).............. vs A. Roddick (8).............. (10-10)

GROUP B
R. Federer (2).............. vs R. Soderling (4)............ (8-12)
R. Federer (2).............. vs A. Murray (5)............... (8-12)
R. Federer (2).............. vs D. Ferrer (7)............... (7-14)
R. Soderling (4)............ vs A. Murray (5)............... (10-10)
R. Soderling (4)............ vs D. Ferrer (7)............... (8-12)
A. Murray (5)............... vs D. Ferrer (7)............... (8-12)

Last edited by paw board : 11-28-2010 at 06:51 PM.
paw board is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
country flag paw board

paw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond reputepaw board has a reputation beyond repute

League Table

Final League Standings:-

Code:

.#.	Player_________________	P	W	L	PTS	AVG P

1.	sdtoot_________________   	7	5	2	47	6.7  TB 12,10,9,8,8 Race Rank = 7
2.	jrm____________________	7	5	2	47	6.7  TB 12,10,9,8,8 Race Rank = 10
3.	Black Friday___________	7	5	2	47	6.7  TB 12,10,9,8,8 Race Rank = 11
4.	Wojtek_________________	7	5	2	45	6.4
5.	Rik.___________________	7	5	2	41	5.9
6.	TankingTheSet__________	7	5	2	39	5.6
7.	Hamstory_______________	7	4	3	37	5.3
8.	Labamba________________	7	4	3	35	5.0
9.	Barlos_________________	7	4	3	34	4.9  TB 10,9
10.	robuś__________________	7	4	3	34	4.9  TB 10,8
11.	Dupuis2006_____________	7	4	3	33	4.7
12.	qczi___________________	7	3	4	27	3.9
13.	Björki_________________	7	3	4	23	3.3
14.	Hellcat________________	7	2	5	22	3.1
15.	Caio_Brasil____________	4	1	3	10	2.5
16.	n3gative_______________	7	0	7	0	0.0

Last edited by paw board : 11-28-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
country flag paw board

Picks Summary

Up to Post 116:-

Code:

#			Björki_________________	23	
01->	PAW01 Federer over Ferrer			7	
02->	PAW02 Djokovic over Berdych			8	
03->	PAW03 Murray over Federer			0	
04->	PAW04 Roddick over Berdych			0	
05->	PAW05 Murray over Ferrer			8	
06->	PAW6 Roddick over Djokovic			0	
07->	PAW07 Nadal over Federer			0	

#			Barlos_________________	34	
01->	PAW01: Murray over Soderling			10	
02->	PAW02: Federer over Ferrer			7	
03->	PAW03: Djokovic over Berdych			8	
04->	PAW04: Murray over Federer			0	
05->	PAW05 Djokovic over Nadal			0	
06->	PAW06 Roddick over Berdych			0	
07->	PAW07 Federer over Djokovic			9	

#			Black Friday___________	47	
01->	PAW01 Murray over Soderling			10	
02->	PAW02 Murray over Federer			0	
03->	PAW03 Djokovic over Nadal			0	
04->	PAW04 Murray over Ferrer			8	
05->	PAW05 Djokovic over Roddick			8	
06->	PAW06 Federer over Djokovic			9	
07->	RePAW07 Federer over Nadal			12	

#			Caio_Brasil____________	10	
01->	PAW01 Djokovic over Nadal			0	
02->	PAW02 Murray over Soderling			10	
04->	PAW04 Roddick over Djokovic			0	
05->					
06->					
07->					

#			Dupuis2006_____________	33	
02->	PAW02 Murray over Soderling			10	
03->	PAW03 Djokovic over Berdych			8	
04->	PAW04 Murray over Federer			0	
05->	PAW05 Roddick over Berdych			0	
06->	PAW06 Murray over Ferrer			8	
07->	PAW07 Djokovic over Nadal			0	

#			Hamstory_______________	37	
01->	PAW01 Soderling def Murray			0	
02->	PAW02 Soderling def Ferrer			8	
03->	PAW03 Roddick def Berdych			0	
04->	PAW04 Murray def Ferrer			8	
05->	PAW05 Murray def Nadal			0	
06->	PAW06 Federer def Djokovic			9	
07->	PAW07 Federer def Nadal			12	

#			jrm____________________	47	
01->	PAW01: MURRAY over SODERLING			10	
02->	PAW02: DJOKOVIC over BERDYCH			8	
03->	PAW03: RODDICK over BERDYCH			0	
04->	PAW04: DJOKOVIC over NADAL			0	
05->	PAW05: DJOKOVIC over RODDICK			8	
06->	PAW06: FEDERER over DJOKOVIC			9	
07->	PAW07: FEDERER over NADAL			12	

#			Labamba________________	35	
01->	PAW01 Djokovic over Berdych			8	
02->	PAW02 Murray over Federer			0	
03->	PAW03 Roddick over Berdych			0	
04->	PAW04 Murray over Ferrer			8	
05->	PAW05 Nadal over Murray			7	
06->	PAW06 Djokovic over Federer			0	
07->	PAW07 Federer over Nadal			12	

#			n3gative_______________	0	
01->	PAW01 Soderling over Murray			0	
02->	PAW02 Roddick over Nadal			0	
03->	RePAW03 Murray over Federer			0	
04->	PAW04 Ferrer over Soderling			0	
06->	PAW06 Roddick over Djokovic			0	
07->	PAW07 Murray over Nadal			0	

#			qczi___________________	27	
01->	PAW01 murray over soderling			10	
02->	PAW02 djokovic over berdych			8	
03->	PAW03 murray over federer			0	
04->	PAW04 roddick over berdych			0	
05->	PAW05 djokovic over nadal			0	
06->	PAW06 murray over nadal			0	
07->	PAW07 federer over djokovic			9	

#			Rafter_forever_________	0	
01->					
02->					
03->					
04->					
05->					
06->					
07->					

#			robuś__________________	34	
03->	RePAW03 Roddick over Berdych			0	
04->	PAW04 Murray over Federer			0	
07->	PAW07 Djokovic over Roddick			8	

#			sdtoot_________________   	47	
01->	PAW1: Murray def Soderling			10	
02->	PAW2: Djokovic def Berdych			8	
03->	PAW3: Murray def Federer			0	
04->	PAW4: Roddick def Berdych			0	
05->	PAW5: Murray def Ferrer			8	
06->	PAW6: Federer def Djokovic			9	
07->	PAW7: Federer def Nadal			12	

#			Sheva__________________	0	
01->					
02->					
03->					
04->					
05->					
06->					
07->					

#			TankingTheSet__________	39	
03->	PAW03 Djokovic over Nadal			0	
04->	PAW04 Roddick over Berdych			0	
05->	PAW05 Federer over Soderling			8	
07->	PAW07 Djokovic over Roddick			8	

#			Wojtek_________________	45	
01->	PAW1 DJOKOVIC over Berdych			8	
02->	PAW 2 MURRAY over Federer			0	
03->	PAW 3 RODDICK over Berdych			0	
04->	PAW 4 MURRAY over Ferrer			8	
05->	PAW 5 DJOKOVIC over Roddick			8	
06->	PAW 6 FEDERER over Djokovic			9	

#			Rik.___________________	41	
01->	PAW1. Soderling d. Ferrer			8	
02->	PAW2. Roddick d. Berdych			0	
03->	PAW3. Djokovic d. Nadal			0	
04->	PAW4. Federer d. Soderling			8	
05->	PAW5. Murray d. Ferrer			8	
06->	PAW6. Djokovic d. Roddick			8	
07->	PAW7. Federer d. Djokovic			9	

#			Hellcat________________	22	
02->	PAW02 Roddick over Nadal			0	
04->	PAW04 Ferrer over Soderling			0	
05->	PAW05 Roddick over Berdych			0	
06->	PAW06 Roddick over Djokovic			0	

Last edited by paw board : 11-28-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #7
country flag sdtoot

Order Of Play

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2010

Start 12:15 pm
[1] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [2] D Nestor (CAN) / N Zimonjic (SRB)

Not Before 2:00 PM
[1] R Nadal (ESP) vs [5] A Murray (GBR)

Match Starts at 6:15 PM
[6] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL) vs [3] M Bhupathi (IND) / M Mirnyi (BLR)

Not Before 8:00 PM
[2] R Federer (SUI) vs [3] N Djokovic (SRB)

Last edited by sdtoot : 11-27-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #8
country flag sdtoot

Announcements

19/Nov/10 - Welcome to the 2010 PAW World Tour Finals. The Round Robin scoring points and player profiles are now up. Feel free to start making your PAW picks and don't forget we have a Sunday start.

21/Nov/10 - Updated after Sundays two RR matches. Barlos and Dupuis2006 are the early joint leaders with 17 points.

22/Nov/10 - Updated after Monday. No changes to the leaderboard with Barlos and Dupuis2006 still leading with 25 points.

23/Nov/10 - Updated after Tuesdays matches. With most players picking Murray today, the leaderboard remains unchanged with Barlos and Dupuis2006 still at the top with 25 points.

24/Nov/10 - Updated after Wednesdays RR matches. No changes to the leaderboard again today with most players picking Roddick and Djokovic. Barlos and Dupuis2006 still top the leaderboard but each have only one pick left to play.

27/Nov/10 - Updated after Saturdays SF matches. Rik is the new leader but there is still everything to play for on the final day with five players still able to win the title.

28/Nov/10 - Final update completed. Three players end up topping the leaderboard with 47 points and are tied on countback, but sdtoot wins the title due to a higher Champions Race ranking (7th). jrm (rank 10th) therefore finishes runner-up and Black Friday (rank 11th) finishes in third position.

See you all next year.
Shaun

Last edited by sdtoot : 11-28-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

PAW01 Djokovic over Nadal
PAW02 Murray over Soderling
PAW03 Murray over Federer
PAW04 Roddick over Djokovic
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
country flag Dupuis2006

Dupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond repute

PAW01 Federer over Ferrer
PAW02 Murray over Soderling
Dupuis2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #11
country flag n3gative

n3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond repute

PAW01 Soderling over Murray
n3gative is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

PAW01 Murray over Soderling
PAW02 Djokovic over Berdych

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #13
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pick-A-Winner #65 - ATP World Tour Finals 2010 | Player profiles now up!

Shaun great work on the profiles
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
country flag Black Friday

Black Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Friday has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pick-A-Winner #65 - ATP World Tour Finals 2010 | Player profiles now up!

PAW01 Murray over Soderling
Black Friday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #15
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

PAW01 Federer over Ferrer
PAW02 Djokovic over Berdych

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote