RafaChat Part 34 - Page 285 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #4261
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The C.S.I. (Classy, Sensitive and Intelligent) Miami Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
bibcry, your flashing gifs make me want to find a reason to ban you for a few days
That is flashing a bit fast. I'll slow down the animation.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #4262
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Since nobody gives a damn:
*starts discussion with self*
Me: Belgium lost? What happened?
Myself: Yes, 2-4 and they had to temporarily stop the match so that the police could drag the Bosnian fans into a seperate section
I: Do we still have a chance to qualify?
Me: We need a miracle
Myself: And a new coach who is less stubborn.
I: Our coach showing Federer traits when he said "Belgium played well, we could have won". Yeah, and Federer could have won the Australian Open in straight sets as well.

Quote:
bibcry, your flashing gifs make me want to find a reason to ban you for a few days
Poor BD. I like that he changes his avatar and sig so often. Mike changes his avatar a lot too. I tend to stick with the same avatar for a long time. I was really glad a few months ago that I couldn't see George's blond mullet guy at work.
Minn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #4263
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
They're suspecting trouble for the upcoming match against Turkey and since we have quite a few people from Turkish origin, they're trying to keep fan bases seperate with desperate measures.

People buying a ticket here will have to give an oath that they will be supporting for Belgium (and they will keep records of it in case of trouble).
That plan has been ridiculed quite a bit here.
I mean they should be able to tell on the names of the people buying the tickets that they are Turkish, Moroccan or Bosnian, but the problem is that the away sections only get a certain amount of tickets. Not sure if these fans can get them from the away federations, they need extra security for dangerous games.

It depends on whether they have the CCTV or ID checks on these people or not, it only takes a few.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #4264
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I've never said Muzza isn't a pusher - he does push when he thinks the tactics require it. I've never said pushing is wrong either. The object is to win the match and to play the way that best assures that result. If that's pushing, fine, if it's moonballing, fine, if it's bashing, fine, if it's serve-volleying, fine, if it's bombing down aces, fine, if it's ballet tennis, fine.

Whatever works.

Some styles appeal to me less than others but the idea that there is such a thing as a "right way to play tennis" is proper bullshit.
i agree with this. and i don't think anyone's tennis style can be reduced to one feature, useful as it is to hate on a player

however, what i disagree with is fans who think their opinions are so valid that they spend all day criticising top players for their playing styles, interviews, dress, on/off court behavior etc. maybe, just maybe, top players have earned some right to analyze and criticize their peers in a way that's more valid than armchair analysis. i'm not saying armchair analysis by the casual fan has no place in sport (power to the people and agency to fans) but it's laughable when they place themselves above players. to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #4265
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Hilde The Serbian fans destroyed our stadium too
Remember the famous match with Red Star and Dynamo Zagreb, which not long after had the war in that part of the world? There was some crowd trouble and the Serb police were beating up Croat fans and then Boban kicked the copper.

Huge riot.

Serbs and Romanians I thought got along quite well and I am not refering to the legend of Belodedici.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #4266
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep he has - he just gets so many more chances to air the period cramps side of his personality now.
it would be useful to go back and collect quotes where he's GASP, SHOCK AND HORROR praised his peers but why let the facts get in the way of a good theory

i'll just wait to see how you guys react when muzza starts spouting off more bs like the serve stats interview recently
Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #4267
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
i agree with this. and i don't think anyone's tennis style can be reduced to one feature, useful as it is to hate on a player

however, what i disagree with is fans who think their opinions are so valid that they spend all day criticising top players for their playing styles, interviews, dress, on/off court behavior etc. maybe, just maybe, top players have earned some right to analyze and criticize their peers in a way that's more valid than armchair analysis. i'm not saying armchair analysis by the casual fan has no place in sport (power to the people and agency to fans) but it's laughable when they place themselves above players. to me.
True, but equally it's silly to place players' opinions over those of fans too - players might have more actual tennis know-how, but then again it's also personal for them, too - they're in the situation, they're not going to be very objective about things, it's going to be how this or that impacts them. It's hard for them to take themselves out of the situation and see it impersonally.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #4268
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Whitler do you think Stan will beat Andreev today ?
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #4269
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

i always slip between british and american spellings, in the same damn paragraph and sometimes even in the same sentence my poor brain
Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #4270
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it would be useful to go back and collect quotes where he's GASP, SHOCK AND HORROR praised his peers but why let the facts get in the way of a good theory
Sure, like praising Gasquet after crushing him.

We mentioned that.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #4271
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i'll just wait to see how you guys react when muzza starts spouting off more bs like the serve stats interview recently
What? He does praise a lot of his peers too. This is not in dispute. Sometimes he even does it without a backhanded putdown. His backhands in the pressroom are much better than those on the court lately.

I'm sure you'll have fun for many years yet pulling Muzza's interview to pieces and I wouldn't dream of denying you this
Old 03-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #4272
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
And Gab, did you notice GWH never got back to us to tell about the 3 serious Safin fans. I'm desperate. Way more hysterical than last night.
Of course I did. But what else can you expect from Georgie? That's so typical of him.
Quote:
Maria, this is your answer Tupu, Hupu and Lupu.
I didn't know that Riri, Fifi and Loulou were Safinettes. What are their MTF usernames?
Old 03-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #4273
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

Quote:
True, but equally it's silly to place players' opinions over those of fans too - players might have more actual tennis know-how, but then again it's also personal for them, too - they're in the situation, they're not going to be very objective about things, it's going to be how this or that impacts them. It's hard for them to take themselves out of the situation and see it impersonally.
i'm pretty sure fans, as a whole, are not known for their objective and impersonal analysis much as they would like to believe it of themselves.

that rational individual that economists are always talking about is not omnipresent amongst sports fans.
Quote:
Old 03-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #4274
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
i'm pretty sure fans, as a whole, are not known for their objective and impersonal analysis much as they would like to believe it of themselves.

that rational individual that economists are always talking about is not omnipresent amongst sports fans.
Well I'm not talking about all fans, that's for sure

Some of them should be denied access to a keyboard, writing implement or any form of communication.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #4275
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

ridiculous stuff by ... someone in here

thing is, there is no bigger Fedtard than MURRAY HIMSELF

ffs
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread