The Other Swiss Players Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2003, 03:59 AM   #346
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, I can make those smaller if you guys want . . . damned Doha site

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2003, 10:43 PM   #347
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Another picture from Doha, this time of Ivo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heuberger-h.jpg (16.0 KB, 50 views)

Old 01-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #348
country flag TennisHack

(QF) M. Damm/C. Suk d. Y. Allegro/D. Prinosil 6-4, 7-6

Damm/Suk went on the win the doubles title, so congrats to Yves & David!

Old 01-04-2003, 09:22 PM   #349
country flag TennisHack

The ladies are out of the blocks early

French Nathalie Dechy, left, and Swiss Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian pose with their trophies after Dechy beat Mikaelian, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 in the final of the Australian Women's Hardcourt Tennis Championships at the Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, Saturday, Jan. 4, 2003. (AP Photo/Frontline International Photography, Paul Broben)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg swiss1.jpg (14.7 KB, 44 views)

Old 01-08-2003, 03:23 PM   #350
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hackie:

Here's a pic to cheer you up:

RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 03:26 PM   #351
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

another one!

Old 01-08-2003, 07:07 PM   #352
country flag TennisHack

Thanks, RF!!!

Now what is he doing?

Old 01-08-2003, 07:45 PM   #353
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by TennisHack
Thanks, RF!!!

Now what is he doing?
Glad you like the pix! Micha was visiting the Alinghi base in NZ as a special guest -- this is for the America Cup. Misha is very interested in sailing, perhaps after his tennis career?? He'll be watching the final from Switzerland in Feb. He's impressed with the way such a small country can dominate in the world of sports -- Alinghi is on the verge of winning the whole thing! He said there is a parallel between sailing and tennis -- you see it in DC, he said, in the professionalism and the preparation.

So you never know what Misha could be up to in a few years... he likes the idea of sailing off for a week or a month or two!
Old 01-08-2003, 10:27 PM   #354
country flag TennisHack

Oooh, very interesting!! Isn't Switzerland a landlocked country? Very interesting . . . .

Sailing could be fun

Old 01-09-2003, 02:55 AM   #355
country flag TennisHack

There are two seeded Swiss players at the Australian Open, one for each side

Roger Federer is the #6 mens' seed and Patty Schnyder is the #12 ladies' seed.

Good luck to all of the Swiss players!

Old 01-09-2003, 03:24 AM   #356
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by TennisHack
There are two seeded Swiss players at the Australian Open, one for each side

Roger Federer is the #6 mens' seed and Patty Schnyder is the #12 ladies' seed.

Good luck to all of the Swiss players!

Yes, good luck to them!! We'll be cheering for our guys and girls!!
Old 01-09-2003, 08:02 AM   #357
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

RF
When were these pics with Michel and Alinghi taken?? Couse I've been there too - just last thursday and friday - and gee I'm kind of pissed I missed him (well at least I got to see Granville vs Gagliardi live...).

Well so far 7 swiss will play AO (Federer, Kratochvil, Rosset on the mens side and Schnyder, Mikaelian, Casanova and Gagliardi on the womens side. Yves Allegro and Marco Chiudinelli are in Qualies.

Hoooopppppp Schwiiiiizzzzzz!!! Good luck to all of you!!
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 08:14 AM   #358
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Arrrrggghhhhh

Just found out that Allegro, Chiudinelli and Heuberger all lost in first quali round already........
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:32 PM   #359
RogiFan

Hi Doris!

Micha was there before the Auckland tournament so I'm not sure exactly when that was--check the Le Matin site from a couple of days ago.

Hope our Rogi's OK!

Gotta run!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:06 AM   #360
country flag TennisHack

OMG, I'm too excited to come up with anything new, so here's what I posted in my Michel group:

He won!! He won he won he won!!! He is the first man to advance to the second round at the Open.

LOL, yes, I'm excited I love having live scores, almost makes me feel like I'm really there And from watching the scores you can infer a bit about the match played.

(1R) M. Kratochvil d. D. Sanguinetti 6-3, 6-0, 6-3

Unfortunately I didn't realize the match had started so I joined in
the third set. Michel was up 4-0 but was then broken. However, he took the match on his very first match point!! Very impressive
play

Here are the official stats:

Time elapsed by set:
1st set: 32 minutes
2nd set: 19 minutes
3rd set: 29 minutes

Match Summary (by set isn't up yet)

Sanguinetti(ITA) /// Kratochvil(SUI)

1st Serve % 44 of 76 = 58% /// 40 of 68 = 59%
Aces/Double Faults: 4/3 /// 4/4
Winners/Unforced Errors: 14/49 /// 18/33
Winning % on 1st Serve: 17 of 44 = 39% /// 31 of 40 = 78%
Winning % on 2nd Serve: 17 of 32 = 53% /// 15 of 28 = 54%
Break Point Conversions: 2 of 3 = 67% /// 7 of 12 = 58%
Net Approaches: 4 of 14 = 29% /// 12 of 17 = 71%
Total Points Won: 56///88

The numbers aren't too great, but obviously enough for a win
Michel's four double faults came in the first set, and he had one
ace in each set, two in the last The important thing is that he
won almost all of his first serve points, and a ton of his second
serve points (anything over 50% is usually surprising for second
serves). He saved one break point on his own serve and created 12 on his opponent's serve. He won all but 5 net approaches!! This tells me he played a complete, confident match -- a bit shaky to start, but when he settled in he was lethal!!

He will face the winner of the Robredo/Ferreria match, and so far,
Robredo is getting toasted.

Congrats to Michel for a wonderful and very convincing first round
victory!!!!