Tennis Spin Maker for All Strings - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
country flag universelaw

universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw
Default Tennis Spin Maker for All Strings

I just want you guys to know that there is something cool out there and it works.

I have invented a device to rough the surface on polyester and nylon strings to improve spin. It is described in details in below website. You can use it for all strings.

www.tennisspinmaker.com

Or in Google type in “tennis spin maker”.

I find that most strings are too slippery when they are new, and some strings with rough surface such as “structured string” become slippery after a short while. In both cases, the strings do not grasp the balls very well.

I am a 5.0 player and use it, hand made for now, for all of my strings. My friends are using it too.

Last edited by universelaw : 11-06-2010 at 08:53 PM.
universelaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Spin Maker for All Strings

so, i'm back after a long absence.

these kind of products that claim they can give you more spin really annoy me. they don't work. the way to get more spin is to increase your racket head speed. textured strings do not give any more spin than an equivalent non-textured string; luxilon alu power rough doesn't give more spin than regular alu power, yes it does create more friction but there is more friction between the strings which mean they rub against each other more and cause alu rough to break quicker. you can provide all the anecdotal evidence you like, but if you tell someone to try this "revolutionary" new device which gives you more spin, they are likely to agree if gives more spin; its a psychological thing. if you really want to prove this gives more spin, send it to the ITF tech centre and get them to test it. pretty much the only thing the ITF have ever banned when it comes to string was spaghetti stringing, which was proven to work. so, if this product comes back banned, then congratulations you have a product that works. if this comes back as approved for use, then it clearly doesnt work or confer any advantages.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
country flag universelaw

universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw universelaw

Thank you for checking...make string surface rough to create more spin is nothing new. All the structured strings provide just that and they work. Such as price TopSpin and MSV Focus HEX. Below string website has more about this.

http://www.stringforum.net/about_strings.php

The problem is that these strings become smooth after 2-3 hours of hitting. With the tennis spin maker you can make the strings rough again. and most polyester or nylon strings, they do not come with a rough surface, you can make them rough with this device.

Nothing magic, just a simple engineering approach. All people who tried it are now using it. I posted their comments on the website. A high level club player can tell the difference, easily.

ITF tech center is a good idea, but expensive. I wish I could afford it. I would just use "word of mouth" approach. Sometimes I regret that I let my tennis friends use it. I should have kept it for myself as a secret weapon.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

there is no scientific evidence that rough strings give more spin than smooth strings; all the evidence is anecdotal. your product does not work.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
country flag universelaw

I guess all structured strings do not work. All these string manufactures and I are wrong according to you.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
country flag jazar

there is no scientific evidence behind these strings. the vast majority of textured or rough strings are polyesters. polyesters are stiffer than other strings, which forces you to swing faster in order to maintain the same depth of shot and swinging faster is what gives you more spin.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
country flag universelaw

I would just wait for the string manufactures to provide the data you are looking for...those guys have deep pocket. Before they can provide you the data, check out below article for some scientific data from a university:

http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~cros...ngFriction.PDF

You need a string friction coefficient of 0.3 at least in order to generate a good spin. That is why rough string helps generate top spin. The only problem is that it gets smooth after a while, and that is why you need my product to make it rough again. It might impact your business though, people would not have to restring the racquect only because the string gets smooth.

By the way, Luxilon main strings hardly move when you hit the ball. Only the friction between the string and ball generates the spin. Imaging hitting a ping pong ball, the faster you swing, the more spin you get. What makes it spin? Friction.

I give a 30-day free trial, why not just try one to see it yourself. If you do not like it, you can just send it back and I will refund you.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
country flag jazar

let me with you a direct quote from the book "technical tennis":

So spin depends only on the speed of the racket head in a direction parallel to the string plane (or the equivalent actions of swinging at a steeper angle or tilting the racket)....You don't get more spin from the strings, only from stroke technique. Your equipment may cause you to hit your stroke differently, and that may cause more spin. But the equipment itself has very little, if any, direct affect on spin.

rafael nadal doesnt hit with the most spin on tour because he uses a profiled string; he hits with the most spin because he has very fast racquet head speed and the angle of his racket as it travels through the air.

i dont need a 30 day trial to tell you your product doesnt work; i already know it doesnt work.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
country flag universelaw

I am not supprised...My product and your profession seem to have a conflict of interest, because my product will prolong the string life time - you do not have to replace your strings as often unless you break it. This is one of the feedbacks I got from the play test.

According to Mr. Rod Cross, Physics Department, University of Sydney, Sydney, please read on...
"...It appears more likely that any change in string performance, related to a change in string type or tension or general wear and tear, will be associated with a change in the coeficient of friction between the ball and the strings. Such a direct connection was not established in this paper, since no experiments were undertaken to see if there is any correlation between string type or tension and the coeficient of friction. However, it was shown that a small decrease in the coeficient of sliding friction below about 0.3 results in a large change in the rebound angle of the ball. This is accompanied by a slight change in rebound speed of the ball, but players are more likely to perceive these effects as a decrease in racket power since the ball lands short of the target and since the amount of topspin imparted to the ball is reduced. If lS remains larger than about 0.3, a small change in lS results in a relatively small change in rebound angle and spin. However, preliminary measurements indicate that lS is typically about 0.3, which is somewhat marginal in regard to string performance...."

You can swing as fast as you want, but what exacty is happening when the string is contacting with ball? Why does the racquect need to tilt a little? Go figure...
Old 12-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
country flag jazar

i'm fed up of this now. your product doesnt work. if you want to back up your claims with scientific evidence, send it to the itf so they can test it. until then, you only have anecdotal evidence and opinion, which are not scientific fact.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
country flag universelaw

Just to point out the obvious, which could be annoying...
Rafeal Nadal is reported that he is using Babolat RPM Blast? which is also a structured string with a Hex surface. What a coincidence. But both you and I know, that string will not last more than two sets before he changes his racquet, because the HEX will become round real fast in his hand. Well, it is just my guess, we have to ask Nadal why he changes his racquet, maybe he feels that his racquet has lost power, just like what Rod Cross explained.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
country flag jazar

i know very well what nadal uses as i have strung for him. as i already mentioned, the fact that he uses a profiled string is irrelevant to the amount of spin he generates. before he started using rpm blast he used babolat duralast, a round string, and he generates the same amount of spin now as he did before. and the reason why players such as nadal change rackets so frequently is because the strings lose tension and go dead; it has nothing to do with the strings becoming more round.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
country flag universelaw

Are you claiming that you are or were Nadal's stringer? I wonder if you should provide some scientific evidence. By the way, I also know that Nadal used Bablolat Duralast before he switched to RPM Blast too. I wonder why he changed it. For the money? Or because it is easier for him to generate spin? Only God and Nadal know. Well, this device is not for Nadal. Maybe Federer could use it. Nadal could generate a killer spin with a spoon.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #14
country flag jazar

i string at tour events, have strung at wimbledon and have strung for many grand slam champions. why do you keep hiding behind this theory of 0.3? why are you so reluctant to even attempt to get scientific evidence? is it because you know this product doesnt work? if you want to prove that something works you need to do a proper scientific test or have one done on your behalf. the fact is though that if your product results in a significant increase in spin, it will be banned by the itf. if thats what you're scared off, theres no need to worry, because your product won't result in a significant increase in spin.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
country flag universelaw

You have accomplished something as a 22-year-old, if you are who you said you are.

My product does not break any rules in the ITF. Spaghetti stringing works differently if you study how it works. If my product is banned, so should all structured/profiled strings, because my product uses the same approach as the structured string - make the surface rough to generate more spin, which is a common sense. The difference is that my product can make the string rougher without breaking the strings, and can make a smooth string rough again. If my product is banned, Nadal has to say goodbye to his string. By the way, I do not think Nadal's string loses tension so quickly, it is because his string gets smoother after a while, so it will not generate as much spin as when it is new, just as what Rod Cross explained in his publication.

If the structured/profiled strings work, my product will work better. Unless the ITF test is free, I will not spend a penny to do the test. I will just use the word of mouth. By the way, my product is not for those rich hot shot tennis players, who can afford guys like you to change the strings every 10 minutes. My product is for the club players who love tennis but cannot afford to change the strings when they get smooth.

I have an idea for you: Why don’t you get a pair, and use it for those champions, but do not tell them that you are using it. They will find the improvement and will come back to you for business again and again... A secret advice for success, and it is free.