Does TT need a Code of Conduct? Please read new post - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Does TT need a formal Code of Conduct?

Yes, it's a good idea 26 76.47%
No, but the TT board can ban players who cause unpleasantness 6 17.65%
No, but individual managers do not have to accept particular entries 0 0%
No, it's fine as it is 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does TT need a Code of Conduct? Please read new post

The manager at Medellin has been subjected to a stream of abuse by one of the players, and in my view the manager's actions do not even merit criticism, never mind abuse.

Personally I would not want this particular player anywhere near a tournament I managed, but as things are at present nothing can be done unless he breaks the rules of MTF and gets himself banned.

TT is a great game, and I think its standards can be higher than those of the rest of MTF by having a Code of Conduct for both managers and players.

Does anybody agree?

Last edited by Goldenoldie : 11-04-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Goldenoldie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
country flag buji

buji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does TT need a Code of Conduct?

Good idea.

Can you tell me whether the poll is a multi-choice or uni?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujilover View Post
Good idea.

Can you tell me whether the poll is a multi-choice or uni?
It's uni-choice.

You can actually tell when you come to vote, because if you try to tick twice on a uni-choice poll, your first choice gets unticked!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

haha
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
The manager at Medellin has been subjected to a stream of abuse by one of the players, and in my view the manager's actions do not even merit criticism, never mind abuse.

Personally I would not want this particular player anywhere near a tournament I managed, but as things are at present nothing can be done unless he breaks the rules of MTF and gets himself banned.

TT is a great game, and I think its standards can be higher than those of the rest of MTF by having a Code of Conduct for both managers and players.

Does anybody agree?
The guy was slow and lazy to update citing going to a football match as an excuse, poste dthe OOp's late and then expected the players to do it for him, it was like he couldnt be bothered. Im sorry but if you commit to a tournye as a manger you must make the effort to do things properly, and so far he hasnt. First time or not their are no excuses for his piss poor manging or his overal laaziness. Someone had to tell him to sort his shit out and that somebody was me. Stop crying Goldenoldie and act your age not your shoe size.

i have no prob with mangers like Scoobs, who actually does the job properly.

The guy Mmarto193 doesnt deserce to mange another tournye due to his lack of dedication. Just because he is too lazy to do what he is suppossed to, other players have to work thier way around his schedule.

He needs to up his game. Big time.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

The worst thing is the player in question doesn't even know the rules himself (and can't comprehend others' posts for that matter).

I would like to say that managers have the right to refuse entries but in reality that is both unfeasible and not good for the game.

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
country flag bandtree

bandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond reputebandtree has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Goldenoldie!!

I've been thinking about this myself for a while, and was going to mention my suggestions at year's end, but good on ya for beating me to it!

I think there should be clear expectations laid out for both players and managers. For players, there should be no tolerance for personal attacks and unsportsmanlike conduct, including bashing a manager who has time constrains in his/her personal life that does not allow down to the second posting of diffs or OOP. Many managers (including myself) have constraints that cannot be worked around, including work, school or personal pastimes in the real world. I think that any player who behaves in such a manner should be given an initial warning, and then may be subjected to suspensions of 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, escalating until eventually they are given a permanent suspensions.

As for managers, they also must know what is expected of them. This includes posting the OOP within a reasonable time-frame, and if its not possible, arranging for someone else to post the OOP, or allowing players to send their picks in, and the manager arranging the picks after the fact. They must also have to post the diffs within a reasonable time-frame, and if its not possible, to arrange a slightly earlier deadline so that they can. I don't agree with a manager being able to not accept an entry from someone they had a run-in with before. This could get to be a slippery slope, and would be bad for the game. We want lots of players, and lots of managers!!
bandtree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
country flag buji

buji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond reputebuji has a reputation beyond repute

Enough of this players' trash talk.

Time to get rid of this useless merciless idiot.Im pleading for this as i know Martin(mmarto) more than anyone.

Admins please ban this guy.1st he thrashed mmarto and now Goldenoldie.

I have much more respect to Goldenoldie's commitments(mainly at this age ,he's a perfect role model for everyone in MTF).Enough is enough.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
country flag maldini

maldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond reputemaldini has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this thread.

Personally I think the board should decide about things like that, because if we put up a Code of Conduct, it would probably anyway be the board to watch over that. I don't think the board will handle this arbitrarily. Abusive players (or something like that - justified criticism should to some extent of course be ok, e.g. like a 4hour frame to send picks or not updating results for 2 days, only posting OOP..) should get one warning, then a one-month ban after the second and so on or maybe also with a ban in the first place
TT players need to show much more respect towards managers. Especially players who are new, haven't managed at all and think that managers should be around all day, ridiculous. I haven't managed for a while now due to lack of time, but still I know what it needs to manage tournaments. This game would be nowhere without the managers and they should be thanked for their efforts.

Well, actually just repeating what others said before and what in my opinion should be obvious, but unfortunately things like that need to be said again and again.
Titles: Paris-Bercy 2013, Gstaad 2012, Zagreb 2011, Casablanca 2010, Basel 2008, Vienna 2007
2008 Olympic Bronze Medalist

Roger Federer Pete Sampras Tim Henman
maldini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
country flag FiBeR

FiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond reputeFiBeR has a reputation beyond repute

not only managers but fellow players. there should be no room for bullism on this game

Sorewa ore no Nindou da

6-4 3-6 6-7 7-6 70-68

FiBeR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #11
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Does anybody agree?
Agree entirely - it's hard enough to attract new managers to this game (and we do need them), without having first time managers subjected to abuse and needless criticism - it's only a game, for goodness sake.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
country flag Boarder35m

Boarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond reputeBoarder35m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Does anybody agree?
I completely agree here

The players need to think about what they post in the tournament threads. I think that that is the main reason why so many managers don´t manage that often anymore.
Boarder35m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
country flag diego36arg

diego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Does anybody agree?
I completely agree

@diego36arg

http://s1.skijumpmania.com/r3565
diego36arg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
Im sorry but if you commit to a tournye as a manger you must make the effort to do things properly, and so far he hasnt.
yes, if you commit to managing tt, you should clear all personal and professional engagements for the duration and make arrangements with a friend, neighbor, or local 24/7 internet cafe to use their computer so you have a back-up plan in case you can't be online all day every day. better stay inside for the week preceding the tournament too so you don't come into contact with any germs or expose yourself to possible injury so you will be in peak physical condition. (ideally you should be able to go for 7 days without sleeping or using the toilet) attending football matches, weddings, funerals, school, or work is absolutely unacceptable.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
Stop crying Goldenoldie and act your age not your shoe size.
My age is 66 and my shoe size is 41, so your point is....???

I have some more suggestions for you, apart from the one already made.

1. Change your medication. What you are on at present is clearly not working.

2. Go on an Anger Management Course.

3. Review your posts before submitting them. You will look a lot less foolish if you differentiate between manger and manager.

4. Try prayer and meditation.