Challenger venues with the highest elevation over the sea level: - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
country flag Jacques_Ukraine

Jacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Challenger venues with the highest elevation over the sea level:

It may be of interest

The challenger venues with the highest elevation over the sea level:

Over the world:
1. Quito, Ecuador (2850 m)
2. Bogota, Colombia (2640 m)
3. Leon, Mexico (1815 m)
4. Johannesburg, South Africa (1753 m)
5. Campos Do Jordao, Brazil (1628 m)
6. Medellin, Colombia (1495 m)
7. Pereira, Colombia (1411 m)
8. Ortisei, Italy (1236 m)
9. Brasilia, Brazil (1172 m)
10. Segovia, Spain (1000 m)
11. Cali, Colombia (997 m)
12. Bucaramanga, Colombia (959 m)
13. Curitiba, Brazil (934.6 m)

In Europe:
1. Ortisei, Italy (1236 m)
2. Segovia, Spain (1000 m)
3. Oberstaufen, Germany (791 m)
4. Kitzbühel, Austria (762 m)
5. San Marino, San Marino (749? m, it seems courts are not on Monte Titano )
6. Pozoblanco, Spain (654 m)
7. Brasov, Romania (600 m)
8. Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina (500 m)

Probably I forgot some places. Let's correct me!

P.S.: The above lists are for the 2010 venues only

Last edited by Jacques_Ukraine : 11-08-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: new info
Jacques_Ukraine is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Challenger venues with the highest elevation over the sea level:

Great idea, thanks

Those usually work well for some of the Brazilian guys, Daniel and Souza mainly.
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

It is interesting
Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
country flag Helevorn

Helevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond reputeHelevorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques_Ukraine View Post
5. San Marino, San Marino (749? m, it seems courts are not on Monte Titano )
you're absolutely right

for those who have never gone to San Marino, it's like a ridiculously-little piece of hills and mountains with four or five extremely minuscule villages. but if you enter S.Marino (it takes two minutes to go from one side to the opposite one, you enter in Romagna and go out in Marche regions) you can see hundreds of fat guys driving back and forth with Ferraris, Porsche, BMWs and so on.

This only to explain how San Marino is not a state but has Montecarlo-like privileges; by the way, the San Marino Challenger takes place in the Murata village (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murata_(San_Marino)), 500 metres above sea level (the center is called "centro tennis Cassa di Risparmio")

http://www.fst.sm/images/impianti/centrotennis.jpg
Helevorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #5

Jacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helevorn View Post
you're absolutely right

for those who have never gone to San Marino, it's like a ridiculously-little piece of hills and mountains with four or five extremely minuscule villages. but if you enter S.Marino (it takes two minutes to go from one side to the opposite one, you enter in Romagna and go out in Marche regions) you can see hundreds of fat guys driving back and forth with Ferraris, Porsche, BMWs and so on.

This only to explain how San Marino is not a state but has Montecarlo-like privileges; by the way, the San Marino Challenger takes place in the Murata village (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murata_(San_Marino)), 500 metres above sea level (the center is called "centro tennis Cassa di Risparmio")

http://www.fst.sm/images/impianti/centrotennis.jpg
Thanks for info, friend So, I will corect numbers for San Marino.
I must say all numers were taken from Wikipedia and, of course, sometimes it's difficult to understand what they mean, the highest/average/the lowest altitude in the venue. In case of San Marino it was clear that the official San Marino elevation and the Monte Titano altitude are the same

P.S.: I remember I've already answer you but my reply disapeared Or am I a little crasy?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #6

The courts altitude in Romanian Brasov give rise to similar question: what is the real altitude of courts ?

I visited to this picturesque town a couple times and remember the high hill/mountain near the downtown:

(the picture was made from the hill top)

So, are the official 600 meters for this hill or for the downtown? I hope probably Romanian fans will help us to answer
Old 11-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #7

So, corrected numbers for Europe:

In Europe:
1. Ortisei, Italy (1236 m)
2. Segovia, Spain (1000 m)
3. Oberstaufen, Germany (791 m)
4. Kitzbühel, Austria (762 m)
5. Pozoblanco, Spain (654 m)
6. Brasov, Romania (600 m)
7. San Marino, San Marino (500 m)
8. Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina (500 m)