NHL Thread: - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default NHL Thread:

I dont know if there is already an ice hockey thread, but I couldn't find 1, so i made one.

My team the New York Rangers went out of the Playoffs last night, so i'm very upset. I hope Montreal win now, but after watching the series against new york, i think the devils.

Last edited by guille&tati4life : 10-22-2009 at 12:50 PM.
guille&tati4life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
country flag NATAS81

NATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The NHL thread

Jagr being in the lineup wouldn't have mattered. NJ is riding a 15 game winning streak. The longest streak continuing from the regular season into the playoffs since the old Red Wings teams.

Broduer is the best goalie right now. I hope Buffalo doesn't have to play them in round two.

Glad Ottawa took out the fake champs. They have maybe more balanced scoring than the Sabres. Havlat is a monster.

Buffalo plays Philly today in the pivotal game five. Lets Go BUFF-A-LO!

Numminen will play. Hecht is a game time decision.
NATAS81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, good to have a thread for ice hockey / NHL.

Go Habs and Sabres!
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

GO PHILLY!

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 PM   #5
country flag NATAS81

NATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond repute

As for the Canes/Habs, I doubt the throng of MTL fans will want to hear this, but I believed Carolina would win in seven even though they lost the first two games of the series.

Perhaps they deserve it now after letting home ice advantage slip away. They were lucky to win game 2.

Koivu is one of their few offensive threats and is now MIA.

Huet will need to be brilliant. I think Martin Gerber lost his starting job with the Canes. lmao

Seriously, with veterans like Recchi, Roddy'B, Dougie Weight, Carolina shouldn't have any excuses for dropping a home game in OT.

Montreal's best shot at winning the series is in six games. Carolina has too many veterans to lose a seventh game back home.

On the other hand, their goalie Cam Ward could totally choke a seventh game. A pretty interesting series on many fronts. I still root for the small market team in the Canes.

Last edited by NATAS81 : 04-30-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:56 PM   #6

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
originally posted by NATAS81

Jagr being in the lineup wouldn't have mattered
well, maybe, but it would have helped a little.

Quote:

Broduer is the best goalie right now.
So true. Brodeur was awesome Poor Henrik Lundqvist didnt have a very happy start to his playoff career, but maybe next year.

As for this year, go habs go.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
country flag NATAS81

Sabres take gave five 3-0 at the friendly confines of HSBC!!

It's Miller Time, baby!

U S A U S A

Lets Go Buff a lo!!!!

Now I need the Canes to beat Montreal so Buffalo doesn't play NJ in round two!

Last edited by NATAS81 : 05-01-2006 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Now I need the Habs to beat Carolina so Buffalo doesn't play NJ in round two
Yeah, well Montreal are losing 1-0 after the 1st period. Yeah, you really need to avoid New Jersey, trust me. But I dont think Philly are beaten yet, with Forsberg on form I can see them turning this around.

Did you see Campbell's hit on RJ Umberger in game 3 i think it was? it was so sore.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #9
country flag NATAS81

Ahhh, you didn't have to tell me the score. I was gonna go watch my TiVo'd portion.

I know about NJ. The league knows Broduer can steal a series, but honestly Miller or Biron could beat them and Buffalo can outscore them if they shut down the Elias line.

I think as long as Buffalo stays out of the box, Miller doesn't give up any more cheapies like the one from Umberger in game 4, and Drury gets matched up against Forsberg's line I don't see Philly coming back.

Campbell's hit was one for the ages, man.

Here is the link to a great hockey hits/fights site.

Scroll down a bit to April 22nd for that one.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Old 05-01-2006, 12:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Ahhh, you didn't have to tell me the score. I was gonna go watch my TiVo'd portion.

I know about NJ. The league knows Broduer can steal a series, but honestly Miller or Biron could beat them and Buffalo can outscore them if they shut down the Elias line.

I think as long as Buffalo stays out of the box, Miller doesn't give up any more cheapies like the one from Umberger in game 4, and Drury gets matched up against Forsberg's line I don't see Philly coming back.

Campbell's hit was one for the ages, man.

Here is the link to a great hockey hits/fights site.

Scroll down a bit to April 22nd for that one.
thanks for the link, i hope it has Hollweg's hit on Umberger, beautiful. I love that guy getting hit
Sorry, but i cant see a team like Buffalo beating the Devils. Drury, Briere and dumont? I just dont think that they compare to people like Elias, Gionta and Marty.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:34 AM   #11
country flag NATAS81

Well, it's clear that Cam Ward is a goalie to be reckoned with. Montreal didn't have a ton of point blank opportunities, but he certainly turned away the prime chances.

The only Montreal goal was a screened slapshot from Kovalev, and Ward even got a piece of that one before it trickled behind him.

3-2 now and going to Montreal on Tuesday.

80% of teams winning the fifth game to make a series 3-2 went on to win the series.

If Carolina and Buffalo win their respective series, I believe the second round Eastern matchups will be as follows:

New Jersey @ Ottawa

Buffalo @ Carolina

** Lets Go Buff-a-lo **
Old 05-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I think there's a thread during the playoff 2 years ago. But a new thread for this year's playoff is
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #13
country flag NATAS81

Yeah, every new season should have a new thread.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life
I dont know if there is already an ice hockey thread, but I couldn't find 1, so i made one.

My team the New York Rangers went out of the Playoffs last night, so i'm very upset. I hope Montreal win now, but after watching the series against new york, i think the devils.
Is hockey so big in Scotland or is your family an exception?

Go s btw!
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #15

Quote:
originally posted by Slokid
Is hockey so big in Scotland or is your family an exception?
Just my family, no-one else likes it.
Wait, your Slovak right? you like Palffy or Stumpel? legends!