What has been the highlight of Roger's year for you? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Highlight of Roger's year?

Winning AO by beating some major rivals and clinching the #1 ranking 4 8.16%
Winning Hamburg, ending Coria's incredible 31 match clay winning streak along the way 1 2.04%
Winning Wimbledon - victory over Red hot Roddick after a great comeback 27 55.10%
After Wimbledon winning his first tournament in Gstaad against all the odds & then Toronto 5 10.20%
Winning the US Open. battling the crowd, wind and the critics. 10 20.41%
Roger carrying the Switzerland flag at the olympics 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2004, 04:00 PM   #31
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has been the highlight of Roger's year for you?

too many to name... but I do like the breaking of Coria's clay streak to win Hamburg and also winning on 3 different surfaces in a row Wimby grass, Gstaad clay [and his 1st Swiss title] and TO hardcourt -- very cool indeed. And now also winning on all surfaces again 2 years in a row, not bad, eh?

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #32
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

Your new avatar is nice, too.
Rogiman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #33
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, Rogiman... do you like my new siggy as well?

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #34
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

Tough to say, girls stuff, you know...
Old 10-08-2004, 07:39 PM   #35
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

i think it was the way he stopped andy from taking his wimby dream( andy woke up one morning and decided that wimbledon was his) too bad rain kept on interupting the match but that was an acheivement coz other guys like grosjean thought roddick was gonna make it and interupt roger's reign.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #36
country flag Rogiman

TGS, that is a very strange thing to say for someone from DuckNation.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:30 AM   #37
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
thanks, Rogiman... do you like my new siggy as well?
Nice avatar
Old 10-09-2004, 04:49 PM   #38
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got to watch the AO match of Hewitt/Rogi

well not really the whole match but from end 2nd set onwards and finally saw that much talked about point....actually so many points that were just amazing

I actually even got nervous watching that last game when Rogi was serving for match The crowds were obviously still excited thinking that Rogi will choke like in DC again and were cheering wildly for Hewitt, true enough Rogi was down 0-30, then deuce, and Hewitt even got a bp once but nope, not this time though

Also the first time I watch a match with Mary Carillo and PMac as commentators. Must say it was interesting. PMac mentioned Rogi was determined to win this match as he was staying in the same hotel and the night before this match, he saw Rogi only got back from training at the hotel's court at 9sth coz he wanted to get used of the night condition, and that he's taking the initiative to do these even without a coach pushing him. So much about how talented/gifted he is, how everything comes so easy for him, he too has to work hard and be really focus
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 04:53 PM   #39
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

oh I forgot to say why I'm writing about that match here ...coz I think if I had watched this match LIVE during AO, I would probably consider AO being the hightlight for me. Just amazing to watch how Rogi beat Hewitt on the same court he was painfully beaten only 2 months back on the Australian National Day, with fireworks background and stadium full of high spirited Aussie fans. Not to mention he came back from one set down. And when he did win, the crowd gave him a nice reception

So can I vote again?

btw, this year Rogi has beaten Hewitt on Australia National day, Roddick on 4th July, and Roddick again on the Swiss National day...Is this a record too?
Old 10-09-2004, 05:04 PM   #40
country flag mitalidas

mitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond repute

you are kidding me!!!! Was it really Australia National Day when he beat hewitt at AO? did not register that during the AO. that surely is a record (although I'm sure Pete Sampras disappointed many on their birthdays over the years, a different sort of record)
mitalidas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #41
country flag lsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitalidas
you are kidding me!!!! Was it really Australia National Day when he beat hewitt at AO? did not register that during the AO. that surely is a record (although I'm sure Pete Sampras disappointed many on their birthdays over the years, a different sort of record)

Certainly was

Was amazing to watch that match with fireworks at the background...though I'm watching it in black and white because of my stupid player
Old 10-09-2004, 05:41 PM   #42
country flag mitalidas

mitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond repute

i watched it the next day (Stupid ESPN). well, maybe i should be grateful because i feel much better and enjoy it better when i know Rogi has won. my heart has taken a real hit in the last several grand slams
mitalidas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 05:52 PM   #43
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsy
I finally got to watch the AO match of Hewitt/Rogi

well not really the whole match but from end 2nd set onwards and finally saw that much talked about point....actually so many points that were just amazing

I actually even got nervous watching that last game when Rogi was serving for match The crowds were obviously still excited thinking that Rogi will choke like in DC again and were cheering wildly for Hewitt, true enough Rogi was down 0-30, then deuce, and Hewitt even got a bp once but nope, not this time though

Also the first time I watch a match with Mary Carillo and PMac as commentators. Must say it was interesting. PMac mentioned Rogi was determined to win this match as he was staying in the same hotel and the night before this match, he saw Rogi only got back from training at the hotel's court at 9sth coz he wanted to get used of the night condition, and that he's taking the initiative to do these even without a coach pushing him. So much about how talented/gifted he is, how everything comes so easy for him, he too has to work hard and be really focus
Yes, in the middle of the 2nd set of the match, was a different Rogi. He played insane in the 3rd and 4th sets. And you saw the pt, where Rogi returned 2 overhead smashs, and passed Hewitt at the net?? One of the many highlights of that match, but that was definetly, THE highlight of the match, maybe tournement.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:00 PM   #44
country flag lsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex
Yes, in the middle of the 2nd set of the match, was a different Rogi. He played insane in the 3rd and 4th sets. And you saw the pt, where Rogi returned 2 overhead smashs, and passed Hewitt at the net?? One of the many highlights of that match, but that was definetly, THE highlight of the match, maybe tournement.
Of course I saw that point Fedex...read so much about that and how could I miss it? That was insane indeed and Mary and Chris reaction to it was just really funny, they couldn't stop laughing. Chris said he had never seen Mary jumped off from her seat so fast ever

Very memorable match indeed. I don't think I can watch this match live though (especially after that DC one that I did watch), I will probably die of nerves.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM   #45
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogiman
TGS, that is a very strange thing to say for someone from DuckNation.
of course i was a bit sad but the better and most talented player won on that day so i thought as its always been in my spirit to praise ppl for everything they accomplish ............ anyway i am hopeful that andy will at least one wimby in his career unfortunately roger will have to be absent if that were to happen
besides his route to the title was simply awesome...... great tennis

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote