Winning the very first ATP tournament - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
country flag VIPer7

VIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Winning the very first ATP tournament

Hello! I've been reading on this forums for quite a few months now, but haven't made a post yet. So this is my first one, and I hope it's in the correct forum!

I was checking out the Spanish player Santiago Ventura and found out that his title in Casablanca 2004 was his very fist main draw appearance in an ATP event ever!
So I was wondering if any other player before achieved this. I know that Lleyton Hewitt won Adelaide 1998 when he was the lowest ranked player ever, but he had already made an appearance at the Australian Open 1997. I also checked out this post for potential first time winners, and found out that Juan Ignacio Chela had only played 3 ATP tournaments before winning the title in Mexico City 2000.

So, my question to the statistics gurus: Are there any other players besides Ventura who achieved this? Or who else besides Hewitt and Chela came close to it?
VIPer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
country flag eldrick

eldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winning the very first ATP tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPer7 View Post
Hello! I've been reading on this forums for quite a few months now, but haven't made a post yet. So this is my first one, and I hope it's in the correct forum!

I was checking out the Spanish player Santiago Ventura and found out that his title in Casablanca 2004 was his very fist main draw appearance in an ATP event ever!
So I was wondering if any other player before achieved this. I know that Lleyton Hewitt won Adelaide 1998 when he was the lowest ranked player ever, but he had already made an appearance at the Australian Open 1997. I also checked out this post for potential first time winners, and found out that Juan Ignacio Chela had only played 3 ATP tournaments before winning the title in Mexico City 2000.

So, my question to the statistics gurus: Are there any other players besides Ventura who achieved this? Or who else besides Hewitt and Chela came close to it?
Yahiya Doumbia in 1988, José Francisco Altur in 1989, Nicolás Lapentti in 1995 and Santiago Ventura in 2004 won his first ATP tournament
eldrick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
country flag V.H.

V.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond repute

Link and full list here: (Voo Thread)
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=128179&highlight=doumbia
V.H. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
country flag VIPer7

VIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond reputeVIPer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot, that's exactly the kind of thread I was looking for but didn't find.
This thread can be closed or deleted, if possible
VIPer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote