Delegates walk out during diatribe delivered by demagogue Ahmadinejad - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Delegates walk out during diatribe delivered by demagogue Ahmadinejad

Israel kills 205 in air assault on Gaza Strip

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:41pm EST

By Nidal al-Mughrabi
GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli warplanes and helicopters pounded the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip on Saturday, killing at least 205 people in the bloodiest one-day death toll in 60 years of conflict with the Palestinians.
Militants in the Gaza Strip, who have launched dozens of rocket attacks against Israel since a truce expired just over a week ago, fired more salvoes that killed one Israeli man and wounded several others.
Both sides said they were ready to stage wider assaults, threatening to plunge the region into a crisis that could leave stalled talks over Palestinian statehood in tatters.
Black smoke billowed over Gaza City, where the dead and wounded lay scattered on the ground after Israel bombed more than 40 security compounds, including two where Hamas was hosting graduation ceremonies for new recruits.
At the main Gaza City graduation ceremony, uniformed bodies lay in a pile and the wounded writhed in pain. Some rescue workers beat their heads and shouted "God is greatest." One badly wounded man quietly recited verses from the Koran.
More than 700 Palestinians were wounded in all, medics said.
Israel said the operation, dubbed "Solid Lead," targeted "terrorist infrastructure" following days of rocket attacks on southern Israel that caused damage but few injuries. An army spokeswoman said Hamas leaders could be targeted.
"There is a time for calm and a time for fighting, and now the time has come to fight," Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.
The rocket attacks increased pressure on Israeli political leaders to act as a February 10 election approaches.
The army did not set a timeframe but the mayor of Ashkelon, an Israeli city in range of Hamas's rockets, said military planners saw the operation lasting "more than a week."
Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, a leading candidate to become Israel's next prime minister, called for international support against "an extremist Islamist organization ... that is being supported by Iran," Israel's arch-foe.
In line with the Jewish state, the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush, in its final weeks in office, appeared to put the onus on Hamas to prevent a further escalation.
REACTION
"Hamas' continued rocket attacks into Israel must cease if the violence is to stop," White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said in a statement that urged Israel to avoid civilian casualties but stopped short of calling for an end to the Israeli air strikes.
The United Nations and the European Union, in contrast, called for an immediate halt to all violence.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said the Israeli air campaign was "criminal" and urged world powers to intervene.
Egypt said it would keep trying to restore the truce between Israel and Gaza.
Hamas threatened to unleash "hell" to avenge the dead, including possible suicide bombings inside Israel.
Hamas estimated that at least 100 members of its security forces had been killed, including police chief Tawfiq Jabber and the head of Hamas's security and protection unit, along with at least 15 women and some children.
Morgues across the Gaza Strip ran out of space for bodies.
The Islamist group, which won a 2006 parliamentary election but was shunned by Western powers over its refusal to renounce violence and recognize Israel, said all of its security compounds in the Gaza Strip were destroyed or seriously damaged.
Aid groups said they feared the Israeli operation could fuel a humanitarian crisis in the impoverished coastal enclave, home to 1.5 million Palestinians, half of them dependent on food aid.
Gaza hospitals said they were running out of medical supplies because of the Israeli-led blockade, increasing the chances that the death toll will rise.
Palestinians staged protest rallies in Arab East Jerusalem, and in the West Bank cities of Ramallah and Hebron, leading to scuffles with Israeli forces.
Israeli analyst Ron Ben-Yishai said the strike was "shock treatment ... aimed at securing a long-term ceasefire between Hamas and Israel on terms that are favorable to Israel."
Among the buildings destroyed in the Israeli bombardment was Gaza's presidential compound, which Hamas seized in June 2007 from Abbas's secular Fatah forces after a brief civil war.
Witnesses also reported heavy Israeli bombing along Gaza's border with Egypt. Palestinians use hundreds of tunnels under the border to bring in everything from goods to weapons.
The campaign followed a decision by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet to widen reprisals for cross-border Palestinian rocket attacks following the collapse of a six-month-old, Egyptian-brokered ceasefire a week ago.
A five-day Israeli offensive in March killed more than 120 people, but Saturday's death toll was the highest for a single day since 1948, when the Jewish state was established.
Olmert, who will leave office after the February election, has repeatedly said Israel does not want to retake control of the Gaza Strip. Israel pulled its ground forces and settlers out of the coastal territory in 2005.
After a 2006 war in Lebanon that many Israelis viewed as a failure, military action in Gaza has become a political hot potato that could affect the outcome of the election.
(Additional reporting by Dan Williams, Allyn Fisher-Ilan, Douglas Hamilton and Jeffrey Heller in Jerusalem, Peter Millership in London, Tabassum Zakaria in Washington; Writing by Adam Entous; Editing by Giles Elgood)

Last edited by prima donna : 04-20-2009 at 06:38 PM.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
country flag ~Maya~
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute~Maya~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel retaliates by decimating Hamas-ruled Gaza - 205 killed - Good riddance.

I cannot be against Israel here. People need to leave them alone. They are constantly attacked.
~Maya~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel retaliates by decimating Hamas-ruled Gaza - 205 killed - Good riddance.

Nobody can actually judge the actions of the Israeli. They're attacked by Hamas on a regular basis, they have the right to retaliate.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

The above post misses the point.

The Israeli missiles are meant to take out Hamas fighters.

The Hamas missiles are aimed at the civilian population.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Palestinians haven't been this hysterical since they danced throughout the streets in jubilation following news of the 9/11 attacks.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
country flag jonathancrane

jonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond reputejonathancrane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
The above post misses the point.

The Israeli missiles are meant to take out Hamas fighters.

The Hamas missiles are aimed at the civilian population.
When you launch 30 missiles to buildings you know full well that innocent people will die

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
Palestinians haven't been this hysterical since they danced throughout the streets in jubilation following news of the 9/11 attacks.
yeah, all the palestinians celebrated the 9/11
:retard::retard::retard:
jonathancrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Isn't that the purpose of Hamas missiles that are fired into Israel?
how many have they killed before today? -> zero

how many has israel killed on one day? over 200. most in 40 years.

this is a massacre.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
lol, you saw a video with like 30 people dancing on the street.

american propaganda. perfectly made for small brains like you.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Palestinian forces of Hamas and others act out of order. Unprovoked? Not really in the grand scheme of 60 years. And the same goes for Israelian attacks.

So yes, I focus on your choice of words. Because I also think it is out of order. I can never agree the purpose of killing people is ok.

Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
country flag prima donna
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
yeah, all the palestinians celebrated the 9/11
:retard::retard::retard:
Old 12-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #11
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Hamas hasn't killed anyone before today?

Which kind of moron writes something like this?
Old 12-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #12
country flag Bilbo

both sides are responsible for this but israel seems to have fun killing 10 or 100 times more people each time and that's the main point here.

also israel said the attacks won't start before sunday. i guess their goal was to kill as much as possible and make a surprise attack.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Hamas hasn't killed anyone before today?

Which kind of moron writes something like this?
oh god, for once I agree with you. It is true, Bilbo, Hamas has killed too. The numbers, of both sides, however are different. As are the methods.
Both are unallowable for me...

Aurora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
country flag Bilbo

i was referring to the last few days since they launched their rockets on israel after breaking the ceasefire.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Do you mean unacceptable?

I don't get why people think in war there's something like justice or fairness. I mean, you can avoid killing civilians, but you're not supposed to attack with the same strength you've been attacked. You attack however you want to. It's war, not a game.