Saying a player dopes is now allowed?! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #16
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saying a player dopes is now allowed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
but it's perfectly acceptable for a moderator to announce that a poster has a double/triple/quadruple account (which is a form of cheating if that poster ever plays TT or other games, not to mention being a violation of forum rules) based only on speculation and with zero proof.

I see how you are.
Yes of course that's what I mean
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Yes of course that's what I mean
that's not what you "mean," that's exactly how it is.

mtf posters: forbidden from saying anything to suggest players might be cheating.

mtf moderators: have free rein to make outright declarations that posters are cheating, even with absolutely no proof.

furthermore, people could reasonably think that if a moderator is saying it it must be true, since moderators presumably have tools to determine who has a double account, whereas most reasonable readers realize that people making doping/fixing allegations are just speculating.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #18
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's not what you "mean," that's exactly how it is.

mtf posters: forbidden from saying anything to suggest players might be cheating.

mtf moderators: have free rein to make outright declarations that posters are cheating, even with absolutely no proof.

furthermore, people could reasonably think that if a moderator is saying it it must be true, since moderators presumably have tools to determine who has a double account, whereas most reasonable readers realize that people making doping/fixing allegations are just speculating.
why have you hijacked this thread to get on your hobby horse about an entirely different issue?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
why have you hijacked this thread to get on your hobby horse about an entirely different issue?
it's not an entirely different issue. it's about the permissibility of unfounded allegations of cheating and the general inconsistency of rule enforcement around here.

don't worry, i don't actually expect anything to change
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #20
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
it's not an entirely different issue. it's about the permissibility of unfounded allegations of cheating and the general inconsistency of rule enforcement around here.

don't worry, i don't actually expect anything to change
Rubbish. You've taken allegations of double accounts and then extended those to "if they happen to play MTF games" to drag in a link to "cheating" and then extended it further to suggest inconsistency of treatment, as though the two situations were totally analogous.

I am looking into the matter you have raised but saying it's related to the issue in this thread is a serious stretch.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #21
country flag Snoo Foo

Quote:
Rubbish. You've taken allegations of double accounts and then extended those to "if they happen to play MTF games" to drag in a link to "cheating" and then extended it further to suggest inconsistency of treatment, as though the two situations were totally analogous.
then forget i even mentioned games and just call it "breaking the rules." posters cannot accuse atp players of breaking the rules but moderators can accuse posters of breaking the rules. better? is it not against the rules to have a double account? didn't tennizen (who doesn't even play TT, i don't think) eat a freaking ban for having a double account?

(which btw was not an actual double account but a different individual with his own account posting from the same ip address, but that's not relevant)
Old 11-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
country flag Snoo Foo

Quote:
I am looking into the matter you have raised but saying it's related to the issue in this thread is a serious stretch.
...and furthermore, even if it is a stretch (which it is not at all), are you suggesting that i start an entirely new thread to bitch about it?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #23
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
then forget i even mentioned games and just call it "breaking the rules." posters cannot accuse atp players of breaking the rules but moderators can accuse posters of breaking the rules. better? is it not against the rules to have a double account? didn't tennizen (who doesn't even play TT, i don't think) eat a freaking ban for having a double account?

(which btw was not an actual double account but a different individual with his own account posting from the same ip address, but that's not relevant)
Quote:
...and furthermore, even if it is a stretch (which it is not at all), are you suggesting that i start an entirely new thread to bitch about it?
Yes, there is an issue here that I am looking into and yes a separate thread would have been better IMO.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #24
country flag Snoo Foo

do you really want me to start a thread for every moderating abuse/inconsistency i identify?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #25
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
do you really want me to start a thread for every moderating abuse/inconsistency i identify?
you could just use the report function or send PMs.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #26
country flag Snoo Foo

so could JM
Old 11-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #27
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

I won't hold my breath.