What makes a troll a troll? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What makes a troll different?

All are anti-social basement dwellers 15 34.88%
They just try to grab your attention all the time 23 53.49%
Their ability to create Fedal/Goat threads 13 30.23%
They have nothing else to do/bored all the time. 21 48.84%
They like to anger non-trolls with their persistence 26 60.47%
They love what they do 14 32.56%
They troll just for the lolz 19 44.19%
They live their deepest fantasy on the internet/feel they are invulnerable 18 41.86%
All of the trolls are just gifted more from god above 13 30.23%
Trolls don't exist/They are part of your imagination 8 18.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
country flag Speed of Light

Speed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond repute
Default What makes a troll a troll?

I've been wondering. The word is probably the most used here on this site along with 'mug' and 'goat'.
By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda on tennis forums, one can make an extremely skilled and talented player appear to be a fluke and even make a clueless mug sound like one of the greatest players to have ever graced the sport.
Speed of Light is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #2

Speed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed of Light has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes a troll a troll?

Poll added
By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda on tennis forums, one can make an extremely skilled and talented player appear to be a fluke and even make a clueless mug sound like one of the greatest players to have ever graced the sport.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

usually it is biased posters who think their opinion is fact. they normally deliberately stoke up trouble by posting things they know will get a reaction.

they tend to have very skewed logic.

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
usually it is biased posters who think their opinion is fact. they normally deliberately stoke up trouble by posting things they know will get a reaction.

they tend to have very skewed logic.
Ya, like the Goat debates on GM, its like a dog chasing his tail, goes just round and round in an endless circle.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
country flag Waterfox

Waterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond repute

Trolls don't exist.
They are created by limited posters who have no clue how to deal with them.
Waterfox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #6
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

putting your fav in giant bolded red letters in your sig makes a solid start
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
country flag Soliloque

Soliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloque has a reputation beyond repute

It takes talent. A lot of talent.

Career Grand Slam - 64 titles - Olympic Gold Medalist - World Number One - Record 27 Masters 1000 Wins - 4 Davis Cups

Record of 9 Slams in a Single Slam - 10 consecutive years winning Slams - First Player to win 3 Slams on 3 different surfaces the same year
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

A good troll lurks for a long time, a bad troll goes berserk and gets banned in 10 minutes - but I guess it depends on the modus operandi.

Last edited by Sofonda Cox : 12-11-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
country flag debby

debby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond reputedebby has a reputation beyond repute

A troll :
- trolls just for the lolz
- is gifted from God above
Old 01-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I think they love what they do whether anyone else does or not!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Someone whose views do not coincide with your own.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #12
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Someone who successfully gets a bad reaction out of anyone.

However, seeing as how easily the majority of the posters here get offended, everyone can be labelled as a troll by MTF standards .
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #13
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Someone whose views do not coincide with your own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0&ob=av2e

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #14
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

hard to define in words but you know one when you see one
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #15
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Trollolol usually is obvious.

However, there are also some trolls that aren't as obvious, namely those who somehow seem to believe that one isn't capable to appreciate both a certain top player AND that player's rival, just as much.
This specific kind of troll will at times even troll you on other tennis forums just the same, claiming that you're a 'fake fan!', as it's the kind of troll that thinks you should BOW DOWN to whatever the 'one-and-only' fav player says & does.
And, uhm, somehow, I just don't feel capable of that, as I don't have my brains stuck in [insert whatever fav player]'s ass. Whenever one, two, or even more of favs speak out rubbish, I will call them out on that.

And even then, I still remain being a fan.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 01-03-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote