The best looking current player? - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who's the best looking player? (out of current top 50)

Nadal 89 13.71%
Federer 100 15.41%
Djokovic 141 21.73%
Verdasco 79 12.17%
Roddick 52 8.01%
Simon 147 22.65%
Haas 103 15.87%
Gasquet 60 9.24%
Lopez 89 13.71%
Robredo 46 7.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 649. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #931
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best looking current player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenouille View Post
Ferrer is nothing special.
Ferrer is SO not nothing special

I mean I can understand why some of his features would put people off (normally I don't like square jaws myself), but if there's one thing he is, it is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
I'm only jealous of Ferrer's godly facial aesthetics.
That's my boy

And you forgot the hair. Though it's not at its best when it's wet and/or sweaty
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #932
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

His jawline is probably his best feature.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #933
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
His jawline is probably his best feature.
It is probably the most obvious but I beg to differ, to me his best features are his eyes and his hair. Most beautiful green eyes in tennis. And only he can challenge Roger in terms of hair (which almost makes up for their H2H but not quite lol )

And because I am an academic, I'm going to back this up with photographic evidence.

So eyes

And hair (OK he has shorter hair now but everyone makes mistakes )

Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #934
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa is even more handsome than Ferrer,PLUS more charming

http://i2.listal.com/image/2077530/9...fael-nadal.jpg

/picture too big,me idiot can't resize pics

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #935
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelina_P View Post
Rafa is even more handsome than Ferrer,PLUS more charming

http://i2.listal.com/image/2077530/9...fael-nadal.jpg

/picture too big,me idiot can't resize pics
That's entirely a matter of taste, to me Rafa is not particularly handsome, and not half as charming as Ferrer. Though he does have a very cute smile and when he has his "shy" manner he can be very cute (but Ferrer has both these things, too )
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #936
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Ok sorry to say it but Ferrer has the personality of a safety pin. He has gorgeous eyes and a sweet smile, but he's really dull as a person, zero charisma. In a way Nadal is like him. So that in my eyes makes them quite less attractive.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #937
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Ok sorry to say it but Ferrer has the personality of a safety pin. He has gorgeous eyes and a sweet smile, but he's really dull as a person, zero charisma. In a way Nadal is like him. So that in my eyes makes them quite less attractive.
Well, my opinion would be that he's dull only to the people who cannot see or did not look well enough. Ferrer is clever, he has a sharp mind, he loves reading, he is a very interesting person in my opinion. I'm sure he has a lot more conversation than most other players (at least, the type of conversation I would be interested in, which may not be the same as other people). The fact that he doesn't like clowning around or that he is a bit shy and very down-to-earth doesn't make him boring.

Actually, I think the fact that personalities like his are often considered as boring in today's society is very sad. Nowadays, having a personality seems to be linked with being an attention seeker. You always have to pretend that you are "fun" and "cool" and so on, or else, you are called boring. But to me, having real personality means being able not to care about all this social conformism. This is what I like in Ferrer, he's comfortable with himself, not pretending to be what he isn't, and he doesn't seem to care much about what other people think.
For instance, in today's society you will always be considered "cool" if you give the impression of doing everything with ease, of not caring much about things... Ferrer is the opposite of that, he is obviously a hard worker, very serious about what he's doing, and nowadays that's considered "uncool" but apparently he doesn't give a damn, and he does not try to counterbalance this image or change it.

And I really think he has a lot of charisma. A different type of charisma from Djokovic's (which I also appreciate because it makes me laugh, but it's not the kind of charisma that is appealing to me) or Nadal's (I think Nadal definitely has charisma and personality... he's got some powerful sarcastic humour - by the way, he has a COMPLETELY different personality from Ferrer in my opinion).
Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #938
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

It's mostly because he can't express himself very well in English, which makes him seem boring and shy.

You can see the difference when he steps on a tennis court, when he is completely in his element, and I'm sure he's a lot more eloquent and interesting when he speaks Spanish.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #939
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

Neither of Rafa and Ferru are boring! They have fun their own ways like this. Playing video games in the undies and being silly! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2GLW7fkdM
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #940
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

On MTF, players are defined as having a personality bcos they behave badly on court, throw tantrums, being rude, have big celebration after winners/wins...
which I understand, we fans don't really get to know the players personally, and lot of times we only get to see them on court, there's no other way to determine their personalities but the little that we got to see on court. So as shallow as that perception is based on, it is the only way.

Anyhow, IMO good looking is refer to their features, and hot is adding their personality/demeanor to the mix. Ferrer IMO is a very good looking guy, while as Nole is just so so but he's very charming, that makes him hot.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #941
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I don't pretend to know these players or even want to know them, it's just the impression they give on tv, in interviews, etc.
And no, charisma has nothing to do with being funny.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #942
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Charisma=Safin
Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #943
country flag HotBoy

HotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond reputeHotBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelina_P View Post
Ferrer is definitely very handsome and hot with that lip-licking thingy.

He looks quite Saracenian.

He is so hot. Yum.
HotBoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #944
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
Neither of Rafa and Ferru are boring! They have fun their own ways like this. Playing video games in the undies and being silly! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2GLW7fkdM
One of my favourite videos ever! (and not because they are in their underwear )
Probably right after the Rafa/Fed uncontrollable laughter.

And yes, Rafa is very funny too. I think watching some videos of Rafa being funny in press conferences has done much to make me stop hating him. I really didn't like him before, now I don't mind him. And though I don't find him attractive, I sometimes find him cute and/or funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
It's mostly because he can't express himself very well in English, which makes him seem boring and shy.

You can see the difference when he steps on a tennis court, when he is completely in his element, and I'm sure he's a lot more eloquent and interesting when he speaks Spanish.
Hehe I think his English is actually extremely entertaining. Based on other comments I've seen on Twitter and elsewhere, I'm not the only one
But it's true that understanding Spanish probably helps. One thing I've noticed already is how he writes in Spanish on Twitter: sure, he writes nothing fancy, but he writes so much better than most other players. Some players are barely understandable when they tweet.

I don't find his attitude on court that attractive, though. You can tell he's got huge strength of character, and so on, that's admirable. But I really find his off-court persona a lot more attractive (just like his off-court appearance vs his on-court appearance).

I don't really get the sexyness of sticking his tongue out while playing, though, I have to admit
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #945
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Well, my opinion would be that he's dull only to the people who cannot see or did not look well enough. Ferrer is clever, he has a sharp mind, he loves reading, he is a very interesting person in my opinion. I'm sure he has a lot more conversation than most other players (at least, the type of conversation I would be interested in, which may not be the same as other people). The fact that he doesn't like clowning around or that he is a bit shy and very down-to-earth doesn't make him boring.

Actually, I think the fact that personalities like his are often considered as boring in today's society is very sad. Nowadays, having a personality seems to be linked with being an attention seeker. You always have to pretend that you are "fun" and "cool" and so on, or else, you are called boring. But to me, having real personality means being able not to care about all this social conformism. This is what I like in Ferrer, he's comfortable with himself, not pretending to be what he isn't, and he doesn't seem to care much about what other people think.
For instance, in today's society you will always be considered "cool" if you give the impression of doing everything with ease, of not caring much about things... Ferrer is the opposite of that, he is obviously a hard worker, very serious about what he's doing, and nowadays that's considered "uncool" but apparently he doesn't give a damn, and he does not try to counterbalance this image or change it.

And I really think he has a lot of charisma. A different type of charisma from Djokovic's (which I also appreciate because it makes me laugh, but it's not the kind of charisma that is appealing to me) or Nadal's (I think Nadal definitely has charisma and personality... he's got some powerful sarcastic humour - by the way, he has a COMPLETELY different personality from Ferrer in my opinion).
See, the French get it, as do a lot of Russians and Italians.

Some desirable qualities you mentioned:

1) Strong silent type - check
2) Capable of appreciating beauty in the world - check
3) Very sensitive but has learned to conceal the joy/angst which afflicts all poets - check
4) Probably visits internet forums incognito as an outlet for his repression.

I'm glad you are a deep and wise woman. All that glitters is not gold.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote