We need a change, a new system - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default We need a change, a new system

i am not happy with the kind of moderation that's going on and there are 100s like me who are of the same feeling.......for the good of the whole forum and the fans of all players, i have a few suggestions.......

1. let's elect a pool of 25-30 mods and rotate them every six months.......that makes for better moderation as no mod would then be overconfident of his position and misuse the mod duties.......

2. it's better that the admins of the site be more active and take better care of the forum.......in my view, an admin should visit the site at least once a day.......

3. there should be a thread dedicated to point out whatever the forum members dislike about the functioning of the forum or moderation, in a dignified way.......people are fed up with PMing the mods and receiving forum rule bullshit in return.......open discussions always lead to better solutions than PMs.......

ultimately, it's the members of the forum that drive MTF, not mods or supermods.......i invite everyone to voice their opinions........
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
country flag finn98

finn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond reputefinn98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We need a change, a new system

Can someone educate me how the mods are selected in the present system..based on the + rep credits..?

SDG...Your point 1 is impractical to implement.. No mod would sacrifice his power for the sake of a "better" system.

Regarding point 2...I think most of the moderators are online atleast once a day..But the moderation leaves a lot to be desired..
For instance...I posted the Toni Nadal interview to tennis magazine France article in GM..but later it was moved to Nadal forum..may be rightfully so...But...Mjau! posted some quotes from the interview in GM, a few days before, but the topic is still in GM.. even turning into Nadal hating and bashing thread for a few days..

6<16...9<16..10<16........

Last edited by finn98 : 09-26-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: s
finn98 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Why should the forum be a democracy anyway?

You choose to join and sign up the the terms and conditions when you join the site. If you don't like it now feel free to leave......
Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

i agree

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
i am not happy with the kind of moderation that's going on and there are 100s like me who are of the same feeling.......

for the good of the whole forum and the fans of all players, i have a few suggestions.......

1. let's elect a pool of 25-30 mods and rotate them every six months.......that makes for better moderation as no mod would then be overconfident of his position and misuse the mod duties.......

2. it's better that the admins of the site be more active and take better care of the forum.......in my view, an admin should visit the site at least once a day.......

3. there should be a thread dedicated to point out whatever the forum members dislike about the functioning of the forum or moderation, in a dignified way.......people are fed up with PMing the mods and receiving forum rule bullshit in return.......open discussions always lead to better solutions than PMs.......

ultimately, it's the members of the forum that drive MTF, not mods or supermods.......i invite everyone to voice their opinions........

This topic is nothing new. Every once in a while someone suggest that MTF needs new moderators. What makes you sure that people won't have problems when there are new moderators around? I have been to several forums in my internet time and none of the forums ever changed their moderators unless a moderator decides to quit which has also happened here on MTF.

How do you know how active the moderators and/or administrators on MTF are? Only because they might not post something doesn't mean that they are not around.

When people have a problem with a moderator and a decision it often gets discussed. I also think that it's pretty obvious judging from the posts on the forum right now what the users think of MTF. The forum goes downhill but that's not the mistake of the moderators but more of the people who post. You can't have a serious discussion anymore and it speaks for itself that people who have been around a long time on MTF don't go to GM or have left the forum for good.

MTF has rules and I don't think they are difficult to keep.
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
This topic is nothing new. Every once in a while someone suggest that MTF needs new moderators. What makes you sure that people won't have problems when there are new moderators around? I have been to several forums in my internet time and none of the forums ever changed their moderators unless a moderator decides to quit which has also happened here on MTF.

How do you know how active the moderators and/or administrators on MTF are? Only because they might not post something doesn't mean that they are not around.

When people have a problem with a moderator and a decision it often gets discussed. I also think that it's pretty obvious judging from the posts on the forum right now what the users think of MTF. The forum goes downhill but that's not the mistake of the moderators but more of the people who post. You can't have a serious discussion anymore and it speaks for itself that people who have been around a long time on MTF don't go to GM or have left the forum for good.

MTF has rules and I don't think they are difficult to keep.
how about giving others a chance as well and thereby keeping the mods honest? in no way are the mods superior to posters here.......so what gives them the right to enjoy the mod status all the time while others have to continue being dictated by them?

i don't think i am suggesting a whole reformation of the forum........just a little change which would keep everyone happy........

when a same person is shouldered a responsibility all the time, overconfidence of their position will creep in at one point and that usually leads to bias most of the times.......it's human nature and holds good irrespective of whose fans they are.......
Old 09-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn98 View Post
Can someone educate me how the mods are selected in the present system..based on the + rep credits..?

SDG...Your point 1 is impractical to implement.. No mod would sacrifice his power for the sake of a "better" system.

Regarding point 2...I think most of the moderators are online atleast once a day..But the moderation leaves a lot to be desired..
For instance...I posted the Toni Nadal interview to tennis magazine France article in GM..but later it was moved to Nadal forum..may be rightfully so...But...Mjau! posted some quotes from the interview in GM, a few days before, but the topic is still in GM.. even turning into Nadal hating and bashing thread for a few days..
it's the admins of the board who have to decide on this finn98, not the mods or supermods.......
Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how about giving others a chance as well and thereby keeping the mods honest?
What makes you think that the moderators aren't honest?

Even with new moderators MTF would still have it rules.

Quote:
in no way are the mods superior to posters here.......so what gives them the right to enjoy the mod status all the time while others have to continue being dictated by them?
MTF has rules for a reason and the moderators are there to have a look whether they are being kept or not.

I never felt that a moderator is superior to me or dictated me. It's natural to disagree with some decisions being made by them but it would also happen with new moderators.

Quote:
when a same person is shouldered a responsibility all the time, overconfidence of their position will creep in at one point and that usually leads to bias most of the times.......it's human nature and holds good irrespective of whose fans they are.......
They have mentioned a few times that decisions are usually made amongst them and not just one moderator is responsible for something.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
What makes you think that the moderators aren't honest?

Even with new moderators MTF would still have it rules.

MTF has rules for a reason and the moderators are there to have a look whether they are being kept or not.

I never felt that a moderator is superior to me or dictated me. It's natural to disagree with some decisions being made by them but it would also happen with new moderators.

They have mentioned a few times that decisions are usually made amongst them and not just one moderator is responsible for something.
it's true that i am not happy with a few but i am not saying that the present mods aren't honest.......that statement was in a more general sense.......tell me wouldn't it keep the mods(not just the present ones) on their toes if the mod duties are shared? wouldn't that spread the ownership somewhat and provide with more satisfaction?

if a particular section isn't happy with a few mods, they will only have to wait for 6 months.......the present system doesn't allow for that flexibility and it's like endless dictation for a few.......rotation is best in my view.......

i bet there are 100s like me who hold the same feeling, just that
they don't prefer to say it out for obvious reasons.......
Old 09-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
country flag careergrandslam

careergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond reputecareergrandslam has a reputation beyond repute

how do u become a mod under the current system?
careergrandslam is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

For once, I agree with Start da Game.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

these 100s of people you keep referring to don't seem to be showing up in this thread. Why don't you name a few.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

I think the state of GM is pretty terrible really: just look at the mess that was the US Open final results thread - pages and pages of nothing but personal attacks, and it was left to run for days; hundreds of threads of Nadal vs Federer, full of much of the same thing.

I guess at this point the mods just expect forum users to attack each other (tell each other to fuck off etc.).
Singularity is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #14
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Quote:
it's true that i am not happy with a few but i am not saying that the present mods aren't honest.......that statement was in a more general sense.......tell me wouldn't it keep the mods(not just the present ones) on their toes if the mod duties are shared? wouldn't that spread the ownership somewhat and provide with more satisfaction?
Apparently you think that being a moderator on MTF must be a dreamjob. Well, I doubt it is judging from the stuff which is written here on a daily basis and gets reported. They get critized because for a majority they don't do their "job" right.

The duties of the moderators are shared as you can see when you have a look who is responsible for the sections on the forum.

Quote:
if a particular section isn't happy with a few mods, they will only have to wait for 6 months.......the present system doesn't allow for that flexibility and it's like endless dictation for a few.......rotation is best in my view.......
If you are not happy with a moderator you can still contact a supermoderator or administrator.

Where do you get the idea from that you will agree with the decisions of new moderators?

Quote:
i bet there are 100s like me who hold the same feeling, just that
they don't prefer to say it out for obvious reasons.......
Why should someone hide an opinion? MTF is an open forum and everyone is allowed to say what (s)he thinks.

When you search in this part of the forum you will find threads with discussions of exactly the same topic as the one you started.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I think the state of GM is pretty terrible really: just look at the mess that was the US Open final results thread - pages and pages of nothing but personal attacks, and it was left to run for days; hundreds of threads of Nadal vs Federer, full of much of the same thing.

I guess at this point the mods just expect forum users to attack each other (tell each other to fuck off etc.).
I agree and reading posts/PMs from other people they feel the same. GM was always a crazy place but nothing compared to how it looks like now or in the past weeks/months.

As people apparently like it to insult each all you can do is to report them and hope that something is done against it.
Closed Thread