Some questions on (Wilson) rackets - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some questions on (Wilson) rackets

I'm looking for a new racket and I've always had a good feeling about Head.
But now I think it's time for something different.
I'm not really much of racket expert, so maybe you can help me out?

I've done some research and from the older series the Wilson K Blade 98 and the K Blade 93 Tour seem good.
From the new collection somebody has recommended me the Wilson BLX Pro Tour (Del Potro's racket right?). How would you compare this rackets? Maybe somebody uses one of them?

Some info: I'm a baseline player, hitting consistent, being agressive at times, but mostly just hitting the ball deep on a regular basis, without taking too many risks.

Maybe another racket than those 3 I mentioned is fit for me?
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
country flag Tonkie13

Tonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond reputeTonkie13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions on (Wilson) rackets

I got about the last one and i have the 1st as 3rd reserve racket and i think if you buy the last one you can get all the ball back really well but you can try to be more aggresive with that racket too it goes so smooth, so i say a must buy

for the other one the first, it's cool though you need to push the baals over the net with it while in defence

FITD

Suicide Tennis
Ranking : 134 (High : 128) Race : 128

Tennis Tipping
Will be added after top 200
Tonkie13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkie13 View Post
I got about the last one and i have the 1st as 3rd reserve racket and i think if you buy the last one you can get all the ball back really well but you can try to be more aggresive with that racket too it goes so smooth, so i say a must buy

for the other one the first, it's cool though you need to push the baals over the net with it while in defence
So you are saying the BLX Pro Tour is more powerful and gives more control, while the K Blade 98 isn't that powerful?

PS: Can you speak Dutch, I'm from Flanders so...
Old 09-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #4
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, personally I never found Wilson rackets great for consistent baseline play. IMO, Head and Babolat are better for baseliners in general.. Being a baseliner, you would want a lighter racket with a bigger frame and Wilson rackets aren't really meant for that. I would check out some Yonex rackets. They are pretty light and they feel great for baseline play. The RDiS 100 is a pretty solid and fun racket (both the standard and Mid PLUS versions) and I always find myself playing with them at the local tennis store.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Eh, personally I never found Wilson rackets great for consistent baseline play. IMO, Head and Babolat are better for baseliners in general.. Being a baseliner, you would want a lighter racket with a bigger frame and Wilson rackets aren't really meant for that. I would check out some Yonex rackets. They are pretty light and they feel great for baseline play. The RDiS 100 is a pretty solid and fun racket (both the standard and Mid PLUS versions) and I always find myself playing with them at the local tennis store.
Thanks, I'll try a yonex out.