Dc 2011 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #121
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dc 2011

After that, do you think Forget will put him on the titular team
Gillouthe best is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #122
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

basically he's telling that Forget is a pain in the ass That's why i'm telling since months...
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #123
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Great atmosphere

The changement in the gestion of the team has been made for his friend Gael no ?. Before the new musketeers there were rules and everybody had to follow them since the young guys are here it's more cool. Well he's tough with Forget but also with his friends. Mika who was suspectful about the injury of Jo, Gilles who doesn't like the behaviour of his team mates, Jeremy who has bitter about last year. Funny the french team
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #124
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

if Gilles doesnt want to play, he should say it clearly. many players refuse to play DC and it's perfectly fine. but accepting to play and complaining about everything is not serious.
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #125
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

damn if you do, damn if you don't.

He did say it that he doesn't want to play. Should he down right refuse it now when there is no one there to play? If he refuses, the same ppl who said he should refuse it if he doesn't want to play will probably come here to say he is so selfish that he refuses a selection at the time when the team needs him the most...blah blah, there's always sth to criticize when you want to pick on someone.

He also said that he will play if the team needs him, and the team needs him now, so he plays. And that's wrong? He plays doesn't mean that he has to be happy about it. He wouldn't have to open his big mouth if things didn't turn into this. He said it to Guy in AO that if the other 3 guys are all there then he prefers to be left out of the team and the story would have ended there. No one will bother to ask Gilles Simon what he thinks if France's top 3 players are there to play, afterall, he is very low in the ranking compares to the 3 and not nearer close to get the same media attention.

Anyway, this DC team is a mess. And who's responsible for it? I think the answer is quite clear to most of the ppl here.

Last edited by lalaland : 02-28-2011 at 11:38 PM.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #126
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, lala many people here are saying bad things about Gilles, when he said he didnt want to play on clay, here they said that it bad that he refused, .....
Gillouthe best is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #127
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

From what I heard he didn't say he doesn't want to play.

He said it's not good for him to have to listen all of Forget's advice and cheerings on the chair while he has to think about how he has to play (and I guess he knows better how to play than Forget not only because he knows better his own game but also because I think he understands the game, esp modern game, better than Forget).

I've always thought that it was a big problem for Simon in Davis cup, this Forget's habit to be very talkative and sit in front of the player as Noah did, and well it would have been better arguing about it inside the team, but well if Forget doesn't understand clearly, it's better to say it like that

Also clearly Simon here takes advantage that he has been called the "leader" of the team for this week : it's the better opportunity for him to say under which conditions he wants to play

Anyway, I hope the atmosphere will stay correct among all of them
Old 02-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #128
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Also clearly Simon here takes advantage that he has been called the "leader" of the team for this week.
I never understood this obession with a leader with which Forget comes up all the time. It was already counterproductive when he wanted Ricahrd to be the leader 3 years ago, a role Richard would never want for himself.

If it is a team event, as everybody says, no player is the leader, maybe the captain (abstractly spoken, not Forget in particular.)

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #129
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I just read the all interview and it's very negativ it's as if all the problems from years were ejected now. He's very lucid on some points but on others he's too much I'm wondering how things are with guys like Llodra who was not already his best friends
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #130
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He said it's not good for him to have to listen all of Forget's advice and cheerings on the chair while he has to think about how he has to play (and I guess he knows better how to play than Forget not only because he knows better his own game but also because I think he understands the game, esp modern game, better than Forget).
I think he said it in response to Forget’s comments about his game in Jan, Forget said sth like Gilles analysis of the game is not useful or sth like that. So they are pretty much both saying the other is wrong. But then, Gilles is the one who has to execute his own game, and Forget is not his coach, it is not possible to play it the way Forget wants him to play in an instant.

Also, the media is looking for news, controversy to be exact, that’s what they do. They asked Gilles what he thought about Jo’s injury when Jo w/o, Gilles said he has no problem, and then they asked Mika and Mika said sth. If Mika has no problem, they’ll probably keep asking someone until someone said sth. And then now, suddenly Gilles who already said at the beginning that he and Forget didn’t see things eye to eye, suddenly got forced into being the “leader” of the team and have Forget saying he relies on Gilles now. The journalists aren’t going to let this golden opportunity to pass them by. I don’t blame them, they are doing their job, create controversy when there’s a chance. And should Gilles keeps his mouth shut, sure, it would be better for him to act the obedient one who only wants to please the boss : Simon, the reluctant team player, blah blah, how noble. It may even get him so approval from the naysayers. But no, that’s not his style, he said so himself.

Anyway, this DC team, what a fiasco, no one agrees on anything and no one wants to be there. And if Gilles said it is a burden, does it seem like the truth to everyone now? eventhough no one but him dares to say that. I almost hope that they will lose so we don't have to hear about it for the rest of the year. Ok, there'll be the playoff if they lose, oh well, there's no escape .

Last edited by lalaland : 02-28-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #131
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
After that, do you think Forget will put him on the titular team
If you are the captain and let the n°1 of your team speak to you like this there is a big problem. I mean there is one who is not in his place in the selection. They can't team up. Maybe Forget should leave well anyway things can't goes on like this.

Devilder is in Vienne like sparring partner
Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #132
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Simon is a total idiot
so stupid to tell these horrors IN THE MEDIAS juste before a tie !!! I'm not sure he's so clever !
And I would have liked him to give the names of the guys who behave like divas !
For me, the diva is gael, who always have did what he wants, when he wants, but as simon always has been a good friend of him, I guess he thought of other players. I know he's not friend with arnaud/mika, but I don't imagone a second arnaud to play the diva, he's all the contrary in davis cup.

(en gros, simon a foutu une belle merde, et l'équipe va éclater. qu'il pense des choses, ok, mais il aurait pu se contenter de balancer son ras-le bol en privé, et pas dans les médias, y'a pas pire pour perdre une rencontre...je n'ose imaginer les gars à table ensemble après ça, et pire, simon sur la chaise à côté de forget... pour un mex soit-disant intelligent, il n'a pas beaucoup réfléchi avant de se lacher !)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #133
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of love on this team right now and the media is loving it! Nothing like journalists to stir the pot.

Simon's point are very valid but whinning about them to the media only serves to make the situation worse. It is pretty obvious he is still pissed at Forget for not "respecting" his game enough - defensiveness about his game seems to be a common theme among Simon's remarks lately.

Davis Cup is becoming more and more of a burden to all players - that's why I think it should not be every year (but that's another story). It has to be very hard to have a "coach" unfamilar with your game and how you operate trying to tell you what to do. And can you think of two games more different than Forget's and SImon's (except maybe MOnfil's) guess that's why he and Llodra get along. On the other hand as someone who has worked with teams before it is very difficult for a coach to satisfy the demands of 4 or 5 unique players used to functioning as individuals (professional tennis players are by definition all divas to some extent) and try to make these individuals into a team.

Things could get very interesting by the end of the week.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #134
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Things could get very interesting by the end of the week.
All the week will be interesting. First press conference tomorrow.

RMC asked reactions to Chamagne http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/150303/c...-rien-a-faire/Medias will try to dig on this divas behaviour
Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #135
country flag lalaland

Some fans should be happy, there'll be a new scapegoat if they lose this tie .