Dc 2011 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #46
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dc 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Then again, I could be wrong. I'm giving Gilles benefit of a doubt, because he is a smart boy and will know better to tell his boss that he can't be bothered to be of the team's service unless Gilles decides to commit professional suicide in regard to his DC career.
We are not wondering if he's smart boy . He said to the DC staff that he prefers doesn't play this tie that's the deal. The question is that he has always been very motivated by DC taking many times the spot of alt guy and I remember the Gilles who wanted to do everything to take a titular spot even when he have no chance in front of others frenchies for exemple on very fast court. I found the reason of the time to prepare on clay not enough Last year it was one for all and all for one with the alt on the bench and now guys beging to have other goals. He could have try but be part of the team even if he was aware that he was far away a titualar spot but now he put away himself from the team It's the captain who makes the selection
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #47
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I'd wish that Richard would stand up to Forget and telling him: "I am not going to interrupt my schedule three times a year for sitting on the bench only for Llodra to say I don't care about DC", though this is never going to happen.
When Richard stands up to Forget one day, you won’t think he’s not a team player then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
All I am saying is that I think it better if all of the guys involved keep their mouths shut for the time being.
Me too. Gilles didn’t open his mouth, not to the press anyway. As far as we know, there is a discussion between Gilles and the coaching team, in private, communication between player and coach, rather normal I must say. Then Roux talked to the press, he didn't need to tell the press what Gilles said, but he did. So I think the discussion should not be why Gilles said that, it should be why Roux told the press what he said. But anyway, I got your point. I’m just a bit dump-found why Gilles is getting the heat for this. He’s no good on this surface, it would be rather arrogant of him if he thinks he should be playing despite his clay record. I thought it’s quite decent of him to know his place and admit it. But I guess you don’t see it that way.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #48
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
We are not wondering if he's smart boy . He said to the DC staff that he prefers doesn't play this tie that's the deal. The question is that he has always been very motivated by DC taking many times the spot of alt guy and I remember the Gilles who wanted to do everything to take a titular spot even when he have no chance in front of others frenchies for exemple on very fast court. I found the reason of the time to prepare on clay not enough Last year it was one for all and all for one with the alt on the bench and now guys beging to have other goals. He could have try but be part of the team even if he was aware that he was far away a titualar spot but now he put away himself from the team It's the captain who makes the selection
Yes, I see what you mean. Last year, he showed up at the bench the first round and he's not even an alternate. He didn't care to disrupt his preparation for IW and Mia then. Maybe you are right, maybe he's finally getting the disillusion.

The captain still makes the choice, if he's letting Gilles off the team this time even if he wants Gilles to be on (I doubt that), Gilles must have gotten his blessing somehow. Either that, or Forget can't force Gilles to be on his team this time, he will certainly try to make Gilles pay next time. Forget never forgets, we know that.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #49
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles isn't dumb he's smart. He knows he's not 100% fit and isn't great on clay and if he doesn't want to be alt who could blame him.

It's on clay and he has a new baby. I'm sure he has better things to do with his precious free time. I'm sure if Richard is injured as well as Gael and he gets asked he'll play.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #50
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

Llodra on clay is a little bit outrageous, but if 3 of our best players are injured or out, Forget may not have the choice. Benneteau is just coming back of injury so he will play only double. Mannarino could be an option, but it could also kill his nascent career if he is beaten badly. Clement maybe, he has guts, but a 5-set match could be hard for a older player.
Gasquet savior of french tennis that would be pretty sweet
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #51
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Tomorrow at Marseille double match Clement\Mahut vs Benneteau\Tsonga. It can be some kind of test for Arnaud and Julien, who is going to play in DC with Mika.
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #52
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Camel View Post
Tomorrow at Marseille double match Clement\Mahut vs Benneteau\Tsonga. It can be some kind of test for Arnaud and Julien, who is going to play in DC with Mika.
I could be wrong but I get the feeling that Llodra decides who he wants to play with so it depends more on Mika than the outcome of a match.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #53
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

You say this for Richard ? They still haven't play together
Llodra should play with Bennet or Jo or of course Richard . I doubt Jo can play three days in a row which let Bennet or Richard options as if Arnaud is a perfect partner for Mika i doubt that this time Guy will call him. Arno say this week that he had no expectations about this considering his level of play in Marseille. Nico is also in a good shape but has never been in DC and not the ideal partner for Mika and not a great clay player.

Well anyway the first question is who will play the single vs Melzer the first day Richard, Gilles or Mika ?
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #54
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
I doubt Jo can play three days in a row
Why not? Jürgen will do so.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #55
country flag lalaland

Jo is out. Oh dear.

http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/149157/t...a-coupe-davis/
Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #56
country flag soulage

He was playing doubles yesterday and if it's a problem since january why only now he stops In his interview friday he was ok to play DC and he would have no to Guy saturday

Well Gilles I think you can't no more escape the clay this time Bennet comes back for doubles, Mika still here and Richard. For the alt don't know.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #57
country flag lalaland

I know. He played the double final in Marseille, and there weren't any problem .
I remember Forget said so proudly in January that Jo took the Dubai week off to prepare for DC. Well, maybe Jo should have taken Marseille off too .

There really is no escape for Gilles on clay now .
Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #58
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
That's what he said two days ago after his defeat against Söderling:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...est-tombe.html

« Cela ne s'est pas joué ŕ grand chose, je pense que si j'avais mis un ou deux retours de plus ça aurait pu ętre une autre histoire. ............. Je progresse petit ŕ petit, je sens que mon jeu s'améliore de jour en jour "

"There was not a great diference, I think if I had hit one or two more returns in, it could have been a different story, I progress step by step, I feel that my game gets better every day."

On the bright side. Gilles will come to Vienna, and contrary to what some people here think , I like him.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #59
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

I hope now Simon will play the singles with Gasquet...?

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #60
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

OMFG now Gasquet is technically the french number 1!!! He will lead the team to Austria, unless Simon reach quarterfinals in Dubai!

If Forget rules out Gasquet, i will laugh til the end of time
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote