2010 Australian Elections - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
bad gambler

Default 2010 Australian Elections

Thread to discuss the upcoming elections. Few books starting to have markets up on each seat
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Australian Elections

I was looking at Christopher Pyne for the seat of Sturt in South Australia.

This has been a notorious liberal safe seat. He's been in power in that electorate since 1993. A long time. Labour did get back on him last election, but nowhere near enough to budge him.

I'm looking into it but I'm leaning Pyne to retain the seat @ $1.70. He was $1.40 last election and it was an absolute gift.

I guess it depends what he has done on the National scale with Education, Apprenticeships and Training as well as in South Australia.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:50 PM   #3
bad gambler

Interesting the market movements in the betting for this election. Coalition were something like 4.50 at the start of the campaign are now into around 3.00.

Line betting in terms of seats won started off with Labor at -12.5 and as of tonight down to -5.5

Looks like Labor's daily gaffes in campaigning has moved market sentiment dramatically
Old 07-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
I was looking at Christopher Pyne for the seat of Sturt in South Australia.

This has been a notorious liberal safe seat. He's been in power in that electorate since 1993. A long time. Labour did get back on him last election, but nowhere near enough to budge him.

I'm looking into it but I'm leaning Pyne to retain the seat @ $1.70. He was $1.40 last election and it was an absolute gift.

I guess it depends what he has done on the National scale with Education, Apprenticeships and Training as well as in South Australia.
Sturt is an interesting seat in this election. Pyne currently holds it a slim 0.9% and he is up against a pretty respectable and highly credentialed candidate. I read an article in the Adelaide Advertiser today where they had conducted internal polling in the seat of Kingston this week. Sample of 1500 people and the result was a 12% swing for the sitting member. Ok so the sample is small but if that sentiment is reflected in the neighbouring seats then Libs might be in trouble in SA
Old 08-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
bad gambler

Labor has drifted enough to take them now

Labor to win - $1.60
Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #6

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Sturt is an interesting seat in this election. Pyne currently holds it a slim 0.9% and he is up against a pretty respectable and highly credentialed candidate. I read an article in the Adelaide Advertiser today where they had conducted internal polling in the seat of Kingston this week. Sample of 1500 people and the result was a 12% swing for the sitting member. Ok so the sample is small but if that sentiment is reflected in the neighbouring seats then Libs might be in trouble in SA
Interesting.

At the moment Pyne's odds have gone into $1.38 and Sarre out to $2.80. When I was in Adelaide, Sturt was the seat I had to vote for but not being over there anymore, I don't know what is going on. Your info is interesting.

I mean, obviously Pyne's has gone in because of the polls favouring Liberal.

Kingston:

ALP - Amanda Rishworth 1.16
LIB - Chris Zanker 4.65

Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #7

I do agree that Labour will win this election. I'm just waiting for it to go out a bit more.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
country flag Alistair

Alistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond reputeAlistair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
I do agree that Labour will win this election. I'm just waiting for it to go out a bit more.
Can't see the ALP drifting much more than they have. After a disasterous fortnight, they're back on track.
Alistair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
bad gambler

1.60 is the best you were going to get, glad I took them when I did
Old 08-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
country flag good_gambler

good_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond reputegood_gambler has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't have followed you BG.
Was a good bet. Into $1.38 now.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #11

Pyne is into $1.20 now.

For a guy that is neck and neck in his seat I'm questioning the odds.

They must think that a lot of votes in his seat will go to Liberal and not Labour. If a lot of people in that electorate decide they want Gillard as PM, Sarre is going to get a shitload of votes.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #12
country flag xcrap

xcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_gambler View Post
Shouldn't have followed you BG.
Was a good bet. Into $1.38 now.
Labor back out to $1.53 at Centrebet atm
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
bad gambler

Rudd 51% or more 1st preferences - $1.75

gl
Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #14

Labour @ $1.45

Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #15

Here's hoping the Green and Independants side with Labour.