2010 Davis Cup Final: France vs Serbia. Allez les Bleus! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #46
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Davis Cup Final: France vs Serbia. Allez les Bleus!

we're speaking about the selection for DC final Mika jo and Gael tells to Richard that he shouldn't feel already out of the team and as to gain his spot. For me he could play in the next years on both spot in the future single and doubles so i think he should work on that and play both more often. And it's true that people have less confidence in him than in jo gael gilles or mika that's the problem
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #47
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

second entry on the blog of Forget with of course a part on the hell of Belgrade otherwise forget say nothing special but we understand that Gael and Mika are in the team that Jo would be but it depends of his knee. for the moment Guy seems more excited by Gilles than Richard and for doubles Bennet can still pretend to the final spot. http://www.fft.fr/coupe-davis/2010/s...rance/?id=6721
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #48
country flag mukado

mukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond repute

Jo will give a press conference tomorrow, after the examinations he passed today.
I'm afraid he wouldn't give a press conference if all is OK.
mukado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #49
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukado View Post
Jo will give a press conference tomorrow, after the examinations he passed today.
I'm afraid he wouldn't give a press conference if all is OK.
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #50
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #51
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
that's all the life of Richard everybody found him talented but nobody believe he can save us It's so stupid he doesn't help his spot by playing doubles or feeling more concerned.
Actually Gasquet has played DC against hostile crowds more than Monfils or Jo - he beat Haas in a tight 5 setter in Germany when Haas was in good form and has played a few other close matches away. And Richard has played doubles several times the last few months.

Now that I've defended my guy I do think that Richard is not the best option although from all I read he seems to really want to be on the team, he just doesn't talk about it. Actually I hope he isn't because he'll be in a no win situation, if he wins it will be, "well it's about time" and if he looses he'll be the scapegoat because the other team members are media darlings.

Even with Jo who has not been that impresive at all since his comeback, the Serbs are going to be REALLY tough. They look to be in top form right now and the 3 team members have been playing doubles together the last few tournaments. I don't understand why Llodra hasn't played with any of his possible French teammates instead of just hoping Benneteau will somehow be ready after not playing for 6-7 weeks ot longer.

It is still a long way off and anything can happen in the next month so I guess it is just wait and see.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #52
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Actually Gasquet has played DC against hostile crowds more than Monfils or Jo - he beat Haas in a tight 5 setter in Germany when Haas was in good form and has played a few other close matches away.
I said the same thing some posts ago and elsewhere, but this argument is never taken up by French posters. Most of them cling on JWT (whose DC wins abroad consist of such giants as Huta Galung or Pavel) though he has meagre results since Wimbledon, they cling to Benneteau who has not played since the US Open, they even think Clément is an option. I wonder what they will do if a singles player gets injured, then Clément on Sunday????

Quote:
Now that I've defended my guy I do think that Richard is not the best option although from all I read he seems to really want to be on the team, he just doesn't talk about it.
You and I grasp that, and even Roux (French additional DC-coach) was once quoted along similar lines, but the majority listens only to those shouting loudly.

Quote:
I don't understand why Llodra hasn't played with any of his possible French teammates instead of just hoping Benneteau will somehow be ready after not playing for 6-7 weeks or longer.
Nobody undestands that. He was even supposed to play Basel with Knowles. Anyone to play doubles with apart from Gasquet! And at the same time he is losing first round continously in singles. The court in Belgrade will be much slower than LLodra likes it, but Llodra is the real DC-captain. He decides who he plays with, not Forget.

Having said all that, I still prefer Richard to stay out of all this, but this mysterious presser announcement from Tsonga for tomorrow is strange. I don't think he'd give a presser to say "I am fine", but the guy is such a prick, maybe he even does that.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #53
country flag soulage

Quote:
Actually Gasquet has played DC against hostile crowds more than Monfils or Jo - he beat Haas in a tight 5 setter in Germany when Haas was in good form and has played a few other close matches away. And Richard has played doubles several times the last few months.
France Germany in Halle was in 2006 or 2007 and at that time there were less options in singles now Richard has to gain his spot vs Gilles, Gael or Jo not easy and in 2006 2007 Richard was more confident. When you follow french tennis you can't ignore that people feel more safe with Jo or Gael on court that's it. I think people also knows that since this dramatic Winston Salem Forget has lost some of the confidence he had in Richard. Everybody knows how great Richard can play but at the moment it has not been enough to come back as a single player because of the others talented frenchies and because of his shy behaviour or some injuries.

For doubles he played 6 tournaments this year winning four matches. He's a good doubles player compared to Gilles or Gael he should capitalize on this to gain his spot and it's stupid he doesn't play with mika since Ostrava Why they don't do it What's their problems
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #54
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree with you soulage.
Richard is able to play incredibly well during 2 sets, but he's unable to finish the match. mentally, physically, he can't.
I think it's still worse in davis cup, a front of this crowd. I have any confidence in him, and many people think the same. he's too weak to fight in these extreme conditions.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #55
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
When you follow french tennis you can't ignore that people feel more safe with Jo or Gael on court that's it.
OMG, as if I did not know that. The funny thing is just, that when one comes up with arguments,

- both Gael and Jo have no experience of tight matches abroad
- Simon' s DC experience is limited, 2 defeats in matches that counted
- JWT/Tsonga have not proven anything in doubles this year

one never gets an answer.

I am not saying that Richard is the best option, but the certainty with which he is excluded and others are hyped up awakes my eagerness to argue.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #56
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post

Having said all that, I still prefer Richard to stay out of all this, but this mysterious presser announcement from Tsonga for tomorrow is strange. I don't think he'd give a presser to say "I am fine", but the guy is such a prick, maybe he even does that.

wow not used to you making statements that strong.

People feeling more confident with Jo around I get. Since when is Monfils a hugely safe bet though. He's 0-5 or 0-6 against Nole isn't he having lost twice on french soil where he will have had a really pro crowd. At least Richard has beaten Nole before (granted he lost horribly last time they played). Monfils I don't think even has a positive head to head against Tipsarevic.

I love Gilles but has he proven himself any more reliable in Davis Cup than Richard??

Then you've got the dilemma of doubs which could be crucial. You can't rely on Clement for singles really, is Benneteau recovered from injury? Gael and Gilles certainly can't be relied on for doubs.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 AM   #57
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that jo couldn't play since end of the year. He will annonce that at 11 o'clock ... Hope to be wrong.
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #58
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teem View Post
It seems that jo couldn't play since end of the year. He will annonce that at 11 o'clock ... Hope to be wrong.
Oh no...
Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #59
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Oh no...
wait and see but even Novak said himself it will be bad not to see joe in belgrade !
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #60
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga out.