2010 Davis Cup Final: France vs Serbia. Allez les Bleus! - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #346
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Davis Cup Final: France vs Serbia. Allez les Bleus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
I think Gilles can play the 5th rubber. He has a good record against Tipsy and Troicki and Llodra hasnt played so good today and he may be tired of nearly 5 hours of match
well...Gilles played pretty bad yesterday too...
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #347
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Could only watched the second half of the match but seriously Arnaud.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #348
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Troicki played very well during two sets then he went down. He played 5 hours today maybe they will put Tipsy and against Tipsy if i was Forget i wouldn't know what to do Mika today was tensed and Gilles yesterday that was not great either so the solution is to beat Novak
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #349
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Troicki played very well during two sets then he went down. He played 5 hours today maybe they will put Tipsy and against Tipsy if i was Forget i wouldn't know what to do Mika today was tensed and Gilles yesterday that was not great either so the solution is to beat Novak
I'll rather have my money on Mika. he might have been tensed today but at least he was able to get pumped up and rise to the occasion when needed. Something Gilles seems unable to do of late, even with Forget by his side. When he gets into his frustrated/temperamental state and it happens more often than not, there's simply nothing he can do.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #350
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Mika has a bad record against Tipsarevic and he played for 4,5 hours today. Besides the surface is not the best for him, non? So why is he a much better option than well-rested Gillou?

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #351
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post
Mika has a bad record against Tipsarevic and he played for 4,5 hours today. Besides the surface is not the best for him, non? So why is he a much better option than well-rested Gillou?
Not a much better option for the reasons you stated but still a better option because I feel the outcome is less a matter of technics and physical condition than one of spirit and attitude. Llodra appears more reliable in that regard. Gilles arrived in Belgrade after 10 ten days of specific preparation to play Nole.. and went AWOL after a few games! something we sadly start to get accustomed to, no matter the opponent or the surface.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #352
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Both are significant. One can't win a match only by the means of strong spirit. I agree with you that Llodra seems more reliable when it comes to spirit and experience, but what if he fails phisically?

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #353
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
Not a much better option for the reasons you stated but still a better option because I feel the outcome is less a matter of technics and physical condition than one of spirit and attitude. Llodra appears more reliable in that regard. Gilles arrived in Belgrade after 10 ten days of specific preparation to play Nole.. and went AWOL after a few games! something we sadly start to get accustomed to, no matter the opponent or the surface.
I agreed, sort of! But then again, sometimes he played badly but he fought like a dog and wouldn't go out (like he got those wins against Nalby, Kolya and Golubev). What I am saying is that sometimes that fighter in him does turn up. So all in all, he's unpredictable is all I'm saying . Although, admittedly, he's hardly confident atm, so the chance of the not-so-good Simon turns up is probably higher .

I don't know who is a better choice for both team tbh. If Gael can just win it, then there'll be no headache for both teams . But if there's a 5th deciding rubber, no one remaining is convincing enough to win it. Troicki is tired and too much a choker and I won't count on him. Tipsy is as miserable in his first match, if not worse than Gilles. Gilles, don't know what's his problem for turning out such a performance in his match. I'll be scared shitless for him if he has to play the 5th rubber, but then I also would love to see he gets a chance to redeem himself and to see how he will react to that opportunity. Mika to me is a safer choice, depends on how tired he is after today of course. I'm going to guess that it will be Tipsy vs Mika. But I won't be too surprised by whoever gets pick tomorrow for the 5th.

Anyway, as long as France wins
Allez Les Bleu!
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #354
country flag turtle-rn

Then let's put it that way: if by tomorrow both players declare themselves ready to play, I would have more trust in Llodra's assessment of his physical condition than in Gilles' of his mental and moral state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Anyway, as long as France wins
Allez Les Bleu!
Indeed.

Last edited by turtle-rn : 12-04-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #355
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

well...I dunno what to say, I'm so tired !!!!! LOL

I have no words to describe my feelings during and after the match.
Just one thing: merci ARNAUD ! You rock

For tomorrow... for the second match the choice is so difficult. I'm happy not to be the coach !!! lol
If Gael had the good idea to crush djoko, the things would be muc easier

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #356
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then let's put it that way: if by tomorrow both players declare themselves ready to play, I would have more trust in Llodra's assessment of his physical condition than in Gilles' of his mental and moral state.
Agree except the part regarding Gilles' moral state. I don't think he will try to deceive anyone if he doesn't think he can get the job done. What good will it do to him if he asks for the job knowing that he's in no shape to finish it? It will only crush him if he fails. I mean seriously, do u really have such low opinion of his integrity? He may have overestimated himself for his preparation for the Nole's match, but I don't think he knew beforehand that thing would turned out that way. Besides, Guy had wanted to keep Mika fresh (and I thought it turned out quite as planned as it seems Mika needed all the freshness that he needs for today's match), so he had to play Gilles. It wouldn't be possible for Gilles to bail and not play the Nole's match anyway. So do u think Gilles should have told Guy he didn't want to be picked for the team because he's afraid of failing the task? If he had done that, I would not have respected him for chicken out, really. I mean, if he is hiding an injury or sth, that would be a moral thing. But he's healthy and he managed to do well in practice to convince Guy. I really don't think he knew that himself he would lost his plot in that Nole's match before he played it.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #357
country flag turtle-rn

It has never been a question of integrity nor was I saying Llodra is more honest than Simon.

My point is 1/ it's easier to assess one's physical state than moral state (namely how much he's been affected by his Friday defeat). 2/ Gilles is not exactly alien to overestimate himself, he has had a poor reputation amongst French players for years for a reason. 3/ Unlike the physical fatigue, losing the plot during a match is precisely unpredictable hence difficult to take into account, and infortunately, he's not exaclty alien to that either.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #358
country flag lalaland

Quote:
My point is 1/ it's easier to assess one's physical state than moral state (namely how much he's been affected by his Friday defeat). 2/ Gilles is not exactly alien to overestimate himself, he has had a poor reputation amongst French players for years for a reason. 3/ Unlike the physical fatigue, losing the plot during a match is precisely unpredictable hence difficult to take into account, and infortunately, he's not exaclty alien to that either.
And again I agreed on all 3 pts, but these are points of questioning his mental state, not moral. When you said moral, that's questioning his conduct/principle. And the only immoral thing a player can be accused of in this stage is to lie about something such as hiding an injury from a coach in order to get on the team, or sth along that line. Otherwise, if he grossly overestimated himself by truly believing that he was able to do the job and then failed miserably, it's still not a question of ones' moral.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #359
country flag turtle-rn

from thefreedictionary.com

mor·al (môrl, mr-)
adj.
1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
2. Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
3. Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
4. Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong: a moral obligation.
5. Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
6. Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #360
country flag lalaland

Quote:
from thefreedictionary.com

mor·al (môrl, mr-)
adj.
1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
2. Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
3. Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
4. Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong: a moral obligation.
5. Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
6. Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.

I just want to be sure you aren't saying what I thought you are saying regarding his moral. So you aren't, I'm glad I get it clear up. Pardon for the misunderstanding.