On The US Open 2010 Road - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default On The US Open 2010 Road

I open the 2010 US hardcourt subject

It looks like Arno won't enter LA directly no withdrawal until now and still 4 spots from the MD. If he hasn't change his road plan to play again on german clay he will have to play the qualies there. It's only 250 qualies but the level could be quite high for this kind of tournament with players like Tursunov, Gilles Muller, Kzvin Anderson well it does't sound very easy for a come back after a break of one month On the official facebook we learn that he entered the doubles with Erlich http://www.facebook.com/FarmersClass...20756347970672 We'll have to wait the draw to see what he has decided.

Then it will be Washington where he's first alternate, the qualies of the two Masters 1000 and New Haven and of course NY. Big programme, let's see what will happen now
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On The US Open 2010 Road

Finally he missed the MD for one spot, not lucky this time Arno and as expected the qualy draw is really good for a 250 http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/423/qs.pdf . He draws Smyczek who beats him last year at the US Open and who improved since so already tough for a first match and then in second round it should be Nishikori and then Bogdanovic so he has some chances to stay out of the MD Well, maybe only a week of train in LA and playing the doubles could help him to prepare for Washington where he made the MD.

Yesterday he was training on the Grandstand with strange socks pic by the farmers twitter

Last edited by soulage : 07-24-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

poor guy, not much of a summer holiday for him, except for the mediterranean cruise

the suntan is not bad however
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Socks are which I noticed at first soulage
(effet retro souhaité peut-être lol)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
country flag soulage

63/26/46 I listened a bit the live coverage on radiotennis at the beginning of the match then stop because tennis on radio that's not great

As the qualifying matches are played on the sycamore courts at UCLA who looks more like pratice courts and as people walk around the venue and on a small hill next the courts Arno was really annoyed and argued a lot about that situation . I also heard a french man who was cheering for Arno, i don't know if it was a coach or a friend or a fan as i had only the sound

Well, it was surely tough for him to stay concentrated on that venue and he had big problems with his serve with low pourcentage , DF and many BP to defend which seems quite normal for his first matches after a long break but it was really poor . He needs to find some rythm and a decent serve and playing some doubles matches could help to be ready for Washinghton. There is a lot of works to do on his game even if the fighting seems there as he played long time under the sun and had some long games which lasted more than 10 minutes.

We'll hope that losing again against a low ranked guy and in a first qualifying round will not depressed him and that he will feel better during next matches as it's a long season until US Open and that he needs confidence.

Some comments on some twitter and some pics of Arno and the venue.

Quote:
Clement is not built for quallies anymore. His diva attitude is in full force & he self-destructed in the 2nd set.

0-40 and decided then to argue with ump. Forehand long & Clement out in 3. Can't say I'm surprised.

http://twitter.com/Journey_Woman
Is this Lacoste outfit? I'm not a big fan.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg la.jpg (38.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

I know that anything can bother him on the court but i don't understand why people are so harsh with him "He acts like a diva...blablabla". I think a tennis court should be quiet and not always with people talking, walking around, eating or whatever ! I can understand him for that - it's normal to be annoyed by the noise when you need to concentrate.

I hope it will be better in doubles - he has a very good partner and they should be seeded

I agree with you about the shirt (beurk lol). I can't say which is the worst between this one and the red shirt of the beginning of the year
Old 07-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a fan of arnaud since 2001 and I do understand why people are harsh with him ! He deserves these comments, sorry
If only one day, someone in the crowd could say him how stupid / bad educated he is when he behaves like that

Guy Forget
Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
country flag soulage

Well, I'm Ok when i saw the venue that Arno is no more built for this kind of qualies matches. When it's play on the same site than the tournament it's OK but here that's maybe too much for him. It doesn't look very exciting en cage avec les grillages and for the noise there was surely not a lot of people but they were walking and arno was saying seat down The LA qualies are not for him , it's a pratice place. And he was surely more nervous because of his level.

For the doubles he will need of a serve but it can be a good pratice if he can play some matches. I will try to find the Lacoste outfit for US Harcourt because this during one month
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I'm a fan of arnaud since 2001 and I do understand why people are harsh with him ! He deserves these comments, sorry
If only one day, someone in the crowd could say him how stupid / bad educated he is when he behaves like that
Yeah for some of his reactions I agree but not when he's complaining about people making noise on the stands (when they really make noise of course Lol). When you are watching a tennis match you should respect the players (silence between points ect..) - the lack of education is also for these people.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #10
country flag Marine

En même temps, il lui faut pas grand chose pour se déconcentrer...une mouche qui vole dans les tribunes, y'a que lui pour la voir

Guy Forget
Old 07-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
country flag soulage

He's aware All the flash and all the movements he saw them and more when he lost

Sometimes his behaviour gives funny moments un peu vulgaire OK but funny when you're watching an annoying match We should try to make a video of all this acting behaviour like for Safin
Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #12
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

ahhh yess a video would be nice.... safin's got one? lol

he hadn't played LA before or maybe not for many years. i think they call him diva because, well, us commoners play on such courts all the time, people walking around us talking laughing etc but somehow it doesn't bother us play. we even have to pay for using such courts
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #13
country flag soulage

He already plays LA but the qualies of LA With Jonathan they draw Vemic/Parrott http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/423/mdd.pdf

On this blog another pics of Arno http://dailychuckle.typepad.com/tennistoday/ He uses again his elbow protection so maybe a little pain

On this one we see the people on the hill who have annoyed Arno I think i regnonize Boris on the left with the black shirts. If the coach is here he will help him to work this week.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #14
country flag soulage

Smyczek beats easily Nishikori yesterday. Arno had a pratice session with Baghdatis yerterday and they play doubles today as last match in night session on center court.

As we sayed Arno can be a diva on courts I found this on a forum http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=17596 , it's from a volunteer in LA. He can be a nice guy even after a loss

Quote:
Got back to the hotel, picked up Clement and coach. Spoke to them at length and asked if he would do me a favor. Told him Scotty is a big fan and would he leave him a voice-mail. Clement said sure, called Scotty, got his voice mail and Clement left a very nice message for him thanking him for being a big fan. I'm sure Scotty will never delete that message.
And then saturday

Quote:
A few minutes later, Clement and coach walk past me. As soon as Clement sees me, he starts sort of singing, "Scotty, Scotty, how is Scotty"? Even though he had just lost a match 6-4 in the third, you couldn't tell by the levity of the moment. In fact, it was the coach who gave me a thumbs-down signal letting me know Clement had lost.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #15
country flag Lesliem

Arno singing to a fan after a loss, very impressive just a pity we don't have a video . He is adorable

(merci soulage pour toutes ces trouvailles )