Week 40: Buenos Aires, Argentina [Winner: Maximo GONZALEZ] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #31
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 40: Buenos Aires, Argentina [Entry List]

I agree about your meanings of Gastao Elias. It was the first time that I was able to saw him and I didn`t know that much of his performances in the past except that he was a player to watch some years ago but without big results as many players on the tour.

As you well said I agree with you that he should spend sometime on the Futures tour and then make the jump to the challenger tour. Tennis is so competitive on these days that players with a big talent keep struggling with themselves and are not able to make the jump to the Challenger tour. Unfortunately Elias is one of those cases as he has the tennis to play the Challenger tour.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #32
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
I agree about your meanings of Gastao Elias. It was the first time that I was able to saw him and I didn`t know that much of his performances in the past except that he was a player to watch some years ago but without big results as many players on the tour.

As you well said I agree with you that he should spend sometime on the Futures tour and then make the jump to the challenger tour. Tennis is so competitive on these days that players with a big talent keep struggling with themselves and are not able to make the jump to the Challenger tour. Unfortunately Elias is one of those cases as he has the tennis to play the Challenger tour.
He's been attacked in this last years by injuries, and that's not very helpful eihter. His carrer high (before the injuries) was well enough to enter some Challengers MD's, when he was like 16 or 17 years old. But now he have to know that he has to start from zero, once again. He need's a good coach. I don't know who's the coach, now, but surelly not the best for him, IMO. Sometimes you've got to make one step back, in order to make 2 steps further, in the future...
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #33
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
He's been attacked in this last years by injuries, and that's not very helpful eihter. His carrer high (before the injuries) was well enough to enter some Challengers MD's, when he was like 16 or 17 years old. But now he have to know that he has to start from zero, once again. He need's a good coach. I don't know who's the coach, now, but surelly not the best for him, IMO. Sometimes you've got to make one step back, in order to make 2 steps further, in the future...
I agree with you. It may take him some time to return but as long as he has the game to be on the Challenger tour things will come easy. As you well said he needs a good working team and to be honest I don`t know who is his coach either
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #34
country flag Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Week 40: Buenos Aires, Argentina [Entry List]

Catalin Gârd def. Noviski 1-6 6-4 7-6(4) (2nd qualy round)

final qualifing round:
Catalin Gârd vs Guido Pella 2-5* (in play, livescore on bet365)
Copil || Wawrinka || Ungur || Horia Tecău || Crivoi || Gulbis || Ciorcilă || Dolgopolov || Gombos || Hănescu || Fognini || Carreno-Busta || Dustin Brown || Olivetti || Andreozzi || Clezar || Gojowczyk || Kovalik || Duckworth || Tommy Haas || Arnaboldi || Sam Groth || Dodig || Semrajc || Dan Evans || Berankis || Bozoljac || Trevisan || Couacaud || Blaz Rola || Rosol

DISLIKE LIST: Nadal || Tomic || J.Sousa || Ferrer || Riba || Jimmy Wang || Brands || Granollers || Berdych || Robredo || Stakhovsky || Laaksonen || Veic || Bagnis || Stepanek || Janowicz || Lopez-Perez || Marchenko || Olivo || Fucsovics || Ignatik
Keyser Soze is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #35
country flag fran70

Pretty open draw with several players that should be the contenders for the title.

Fognini has a decent easy draw to reach the finals but that would be up how he feels like after a long flight from Rome and after winning in Naples this week. He should find some opposition from Machi in 2nd round and Aguilar in QF. Again, his tennis is one step above of the Challenger tour and he shouldn`t have troubles to win the title.

That would be interesting to see Del Bonis - Acasuso. None of them have been playing well lately and to see Arguello and his chances against Cervenak.
Alcaide shouldn`t have troubles to beat Velotti and possibly beat Delgado in 2nd round. Although Berlocq is my favourite to reach the SF on that 2nd quarter of the upper side of the draw. Cuevas will face a big test on Vasallo but if he beats him he has the draw open to reach the SF too.

I might attend a night session during the week. Will see which matches are scheduled.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
country flag fran70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Catalin Gârd def. Noviski 1-6 6-4 7-6(4) (2nd qualy round)

final qualifing round:
Catalin Gârd vs Guido Pella 2-5* (in play, livescore on bet365)
Gard fought back Noviski. He found more opposition than I would have expected.

Pella has more tennis than Gard and should qualify. But all is up to how Guido feels like...
Old 10-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #37
country flag fran70

Qualifying final round:
Trungelliti bt Duran 4-6 / 6-3 / 6-4
Molteni bt Fabbri 6-2 6-1

Gard and Pella are levelled to one set Pella won 6-2 / Gard 6-1 / 1-1 in the final set

No idea what is going on with Aranguren and Valverde
Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #38
country flag fran70

Pella won 6-3 on the 3rd and qualified to the main draw too
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #39
country flag fran70

Aranguren won 6-1 7-5 and is in the main draw aswell.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #40
country flag Jacques_Ukraine

Jacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond reputeJacques_Ukraine has a reputation beyond repute

Last version of MD:

[1] Pablo CUEVAS (URU) vs Martin VASSALLO ARGUELLO (ARG)
[WC] Guilherme CLEZAR (BRA) vs Pablo GALDON (ARG)
Diego JUNQUEIRA (ARG) vs Juan-Pablo AMADO (ARG)
Goran TOSIC (MNE) vs [6] Nicolas MASSU (CHI)

[4] Carlos BERLOCQ (ARG) vs Martin ALUND (ARG)
[Q] Andres MOLTENI (ARG) vs [LL] Catalin GARD (ROU)
[WC] Agustin VELOTTI (ARG) vs Guillermo ALCAIDE (ESP)
Nikola CIRIC (SRB) vs [7] Ramon DELGADO (PAR)

[8] Federico DEL BONIS (ARG) vs [Q] Juan-Martin ARANGUREN (ARG)
[WC] Facundo ARGUELLO (ARG) vs Pavol CERVENAK (SVK)
Diego HARTFIELD (ARG) vs Juan Pablo BRZEZICKI (ARG)
Santiago VENTURA (ESP) vs [3] Brian DABUL (ARG)

[5] Rui MACHADO (POR) vs Facundo BAGNIS (ARG)
Jorge AGUILAR (CHI) vs Leonardo TAVARES (POR)
Maximo GONZALEZ (ARG) vs [Q] Marco TRUNGELLITI (ARG)
[Q] Guido PELLA (ARG) vs [2,WC] Fabio FOGNINI (ITA)
Jacques_Ukraine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #41
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho withdrew then? Too bad.
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2010, 12:55 AM   #42
country flag roberthenman

roberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond repute

Good news for fEDE

Adrian Garcia Julio Peralta Thomaz Bellucci Leo Mayer

Forever Marcelo Rios - Pete Sampras - Tim Henman
roberthenman is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #43
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad Chucho withdrew. Guess with two withdrawals from three events, he's still not back physically. Hopefully he just keeps taking his time and comes back when he's ready.

However that is good news for Del Bonis who I think should make the SFs, at least.

Fabio v Machi R2 potentially, that would be a great match to watch. Winner definitely would be the favorite to make the SFs.

MVA v Cuevas R1 is a great rematch. Hopefully MVA is healthy and can threaten Cuevas unlike he did in Uruguay.

Nico absolutely needs to make the QFs, and with potential fatigue of Cuevas, and maybe him being down from losing in Uruguay, a final here is definitely possible if he finds his game.

The second quarter is pretty open, I can see a few of those guys making it through that section.

Good luck to my favorites!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #44
country flag *Jean*

*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute*Jean* has a reputation beyond repute

Fabio travelling to South America
*Jean* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #45
country flag exeget

exeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond reputeexeget has a reputation beyond repute

what about Velotti today ? he is young, this year french open junior champion...so i think he has pretty good chances against Alcaide
exeget is offline View My Blog!