MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2? - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase?

Fedtards 152 32.07%
Rafatards 245 51.69%
Djokovic 71 14.98%
Gasquet 16 3.38%
Murray 52 10.97%
Nationalists 63 13.29%
WTA Apologists 47 9.92%
Nalbandian 18 3.80%
Fedals 58 12.24%
Other (aka General Haters, Gamblers, Nostalgatards) 94 19.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #181
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Most Annoying Fanbase Part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post

Don't understand why Djokotards have so few votes

The worst of the Rafa-fanbase are Nole fans
Bang on the money there. The sooner this crappy love-in ends the better for MTF as a whole.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #182
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Fedtards won the first poll but it was re-opened and Rafatards won- Rafatards also won this one for 2006 too, so it kinda proves a point that they've always been the most unpopular fanbase on here.
Oooh 2006. Lovely year, that.

Nadal came storming up the ATP ranking in 2005, winning his first slam, etc.
"One slam wonder", they said. "One-dimensional player who will be figured out soon and he'll fade quickly like a lot of claycourters do so 2006 should be the end of his glory time".

2006, another slam and another good year so still not figured out. That had to hurt so the hatred increased.

Oh, the memories.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #183
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

2006 was a different kind of unpopularity. Fed had a challenger who was less talented than himself, but knew how to beat him and the war still continues.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #184
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Oooh 2006. Lovely year, that.

Nadal came storming up the ATP ranking in 2005, winning his first slam, etc.
"One slam wonder", they said. "One-dimensional player who will be figured out soon and he'll disappear like a lot of claycourters so 2006 should be the end of his glory time".

2006, another slam and another good year so still not figured out. That had to hurt so the hatred increased.

Oh, the memories.
Aside from Boredo winning a TMS and qualifying for TMC, 2006 wasn't a bad year. There was still some degree of variety on tour. RG was okay, but not as good as 2005 which was the last RG I truly enjoyed, though 2009's surprise element was great fun too.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #185
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Linda, it's the timing. Nole fans disappear, then when he wins they come out of nowhere like Peeping Toms near a girls school.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #186
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Roddick fans used to cop a lot of shit, some of it deserved and others not so. For every Mister Q and Merton, there was tangerine and star.
Every player that's come near to Federer has copped a lot of shit. When I started posting on this website, the main fanbase rivalry on this forum was between Federer fans and Roddick fans (his US Open title was fresh in everybody's memories and there were hopes for a closer battle). Now that it's clear that the Roddick-Federer rivalry is incredibly one-sided, those battles are mostly gone (there are still traces of it between mirkaland and Tangy)

Hewitt was another example and now that he's faded, the hatred for him has faded as well.

Safin was the exception to the rule but he was not consistent enough to trigger a lot of hating.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #187
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Linda, it's the timing. Nole fans disappear, then when he wins they come out of nowhere like Peeping Toms near a girls school.
Oh really? Who has come out of nowehere? I don't see anyone.

In fact a lot of nole fans that were gone have never come back (and who blames them). Of course you wouldn't know because I doubt you have ever visited Nole's forum.

Ivan, Manon, Ljubica, Noleta, savesthedizzle, janko, scotso, Natasha250688, PennyThePenguin, uglyamerican, belco, schorsch, Masha91, maya, ellewoods, ellen, Herdwick, zsanika, Jelena_78... and many others are not here or hardly ever post in MTF anymore.

This, another myth of MTF.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #188
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Alo, oracle, Branimir, Faren. Munze come back from the dead. Then accusing Serbs who don't like Djokovic as unpatriotic what a joke.

Posted many times in that forum, so Mrs Roncero lacking a clue again.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #189
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Alo, oracle, Branimir, Faren. Munze come back from the dead. Then accusing Serbs who don't like Djokovic as unpatriotic what a joke.

Posted many times in that forum, so Mrs Roncero lacking a clue again.
Does anyone here take the nationalistic blahblah seriously? Besides, I don't think only Nole fans suffer from disappearing and popping out, I don't keep track, but surely other fan/tard bases have similar people?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #190
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Does anyone here take the nationalistic blahblah seriously? Besides, I don't think only Nole fans suffer from disappearing and popping out, I don't keep track, but surely other fan/tard bases have similar people?
But you're funny that's the difference.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #191
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Yeah, I could name a few fedtards that don't post much lately.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #192
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

The size of the Nadal and Federer fan bases are so much larger than the rest it will always come down to a Federer vs Nadal contest.

Djokovic and Murray do not have enough fans to irritate by themselves although Word Life tries to give the Murray fan base a chance of being the most annoying.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #193
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yeah, I could name a few fedtards that don't post much lately.
One of the best RonE stopped posting before the decline of Federer probably for other commitments, but will forever be remembered for his significant and excellent contribution to the pig roasting thread until it was so unfairly closed:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...t=pig+roasting

The cartoons from RonE certainly contained in the thread each time Nadal lost certainly gave me many a laugh.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #194
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

He was an evil hater

l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #195
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
The size of the Nadal and Federer fan bases are so much larger than the rest it will always come down to a Federer vs Nadal contest.

Djokovic and Murray do not have enough fans to irritate by themselves although Word Life tries to give the Murray fan base a chance of being the most annoying.
Quality isn't a matter of how many people represent it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
One of the best RonE stopped posting before the decline of Federer probably for other commitments, but will forever be remembered for his significant and excellent contribution to the pig roasting thread until it was so unfairly closed:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...t=pig+roasting

The cartoons from RonE certainly contained in the thread each time Nadal lost certainly gave me many a laugh.
Ron got a life outside of MTF - well done for this - and therefore stopped posting.

The main difference between the former days and now is that most of the fanbases still got along but today you can't really say this. Even more significant it is that a lot of active people on GM probably won't like to be seen in the players forums.

I don't think that only Federerfans stopped posting on MTF

The same goes for fans of other players as well. There are surely individual reasons why people left MTF or post here only seldom. Other interests and MTF going downhill qualitywise surely are more of a reason for people to stop posting here then that a player doesn't have the same success as he once had.

otherwise Adam (adee-gee) would have gloated nonestop on GM last year
Eden is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread