Croissants, Rice and Noodles: European and Asian Indoor Season 2010 (Paris) - Page 67 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #991
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Croissants, Rice and Noodles: European and Asian Indoor Season 2010 (Paris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
Hey I'm not saying Richard should play I'm just saying that I don't understand why people completely rule him out in comparison to Simon and Monfils when their records are actually no better.

I don't really want him to play. Well a non crucial rubber would be fine but I don't want the weight of french expectation to be on him again. Although better to lose away than at home I guess.

Gilles has played two horrendous matches in the last fortnight I would worry about him being picked too, and his DC record is not great at all.

Monfils has never beaten Nole, has never played Trocki and has only beaten Janko on a retirement and when he was tired at the USO.

I wonder if Forget might still play Llodra for singles. He's very much like Janko in that DC seems to bring out the best in him.
Where is Tsonga when they need him?

It's interesting. Llodra seemed to be going back into mug mode the past few weeks but has been doing well this week. Hopefully, it's because it's a big occasion for him and not purely because it's on French soil
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #992
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Croissants, Rice and Noodles: European and Asian Indoor Season 2010 (Paris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina36 View Post
In L'Equipe, Richard said that he'll continue next year with Deblicker and maybe somebody else.
But sorry, I don't have the article, I've just seen it in rg.net..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
That reminds me. Amélie was at the match. I wasn't sure it was her when I heard someone yell, "Amélie, prends ta place!" ("Amélie, get to your seat!") but then I saw a screenshot of her. She is only working with Llodra part-time, no? Hmmm...
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #993
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I saw her in the crowd too.

She'd be an interesting person in the coaching team.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #994
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

I saw her in the crowd for a couple of matches though, she could have just been there to watch
Old 11-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #995
country flag Jozie

Jozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
What is BMT?
Otherwise I agree with your post, today's results did not make it easier for Forget. Gilles was already poor against Golubev and totally faded in the second set against Söderling, Gael complains about tiredness and Richard was helpless against Roger's serve.
BMT = Big Match Temperament, could also mean 'rising to the occasion', or not choking.

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jozie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #996
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Hye, forget my poor english
I was at bercy the last 3 days night sessions and saw first a borring match riri/mahut ! thuesday I saw on court 2 (very small amazing tennis court) the double with richard (they lost) and at the end a young man wrote on a paper "richard, you have to win againt fed" ; tichard readed and say with a litle defeated ton "it's not playd" ...
i saw him yesterday against fed and he just saw to wake up on second set when fed was serving for the match !!! what stupid not to excited himself before !!!
the surface is so so speed (never saw that before even for all players here) and richard had no time to prepare his so well backand ! served bad, returned bad !!!! what a shame to see that ! poor single match against mahut and now that !!!! ok, fed was very amazing to play on 2 shots ! without speaking about his aces !
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #997
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
The court is playing pretty quickly
I mean in the Davis Cup Final.

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #998
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Llodra outclassing Novak today. This guy deserves to be on the team, unlike Richard he really really wanted. When Richard played Novak few weeks ago, I did not get the feeling he wanted a part of it. After Monfil's win I am pretty sure the team is set right now. Richard most likely get 5th spot, which is probably where he is most comfortable at this point.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #999
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad1980 View Post
Saw Llodra outclassing Novak today. This guy deserves to be on the team, unlike Richard he really really wanted. When Richard played Novak few weeks ago, I did not get the feeling he wanted a part of it. After Monfil's win I am pretty sure the team is set right now. Richard most likely get 5th spot, which is probably where he is most comfortable at this point.
Agree that after Llodra's win the team is pretty much set, same as against Agrentina (unless Benneteau replaces Clement but he hasn't yet played). However a slower court, in Belgrade and not France and best of 5 sets, not 3 may result in a completely different outcome for Llodra but yes he clearly deserves a singles spot.

I do NOT agree that Richard did not want it, just because he lost, played like crap against Novak doesn't mean he didn't want it, I think he wanted it TOO much and as is so often the case with him, he couldn't rise to the occasion. But I also sense that Richard is satisfied just being a part of the team and not having the pressuuure and spotlight of playing a DC singles so maybe you are right and he really didn't want it ALthough he did seem to REALLY want to beat Mahut.

Guess the only question is SImon or Richard for the #5 spot and judging by the past few weeks RIchard is the better option. Whatever...just hope Richard gets a good chance to rest and work on what HE needs to work on (which is a lot) over the off season and not just be the DC Team cheerleader again.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 AM   #1000
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Agree that after Llodra's win the team is pretty much set, same as against Agrentina (unless Benneteau replaces Clement but he hasn't yet played). However a slower court, in Belgrade and not France and best of 5 sets, not 3 may result in a completely different outcome for Llodra but yes he clearly deserves a singles spot.

I do NOT agree that Richard did not want it, just because he lost, played like crap against Novak doesn't mean he didn't want it, I think he wanted it TOO much and as is so often the case with him, he couldn't rise to the occasion. But I also sense that Richard is satisfied just being a part of the team and not having the pressuuure and spotlight of playing a DC singles so maybe you are right and he really didn't want it ALthough he did seem to REALLY want to beat Mahut.

Guess the only question is SImon or Richard for the #5 spot and judging by the past few weeks RIchard is the better option. Whatever...just hope Richard gets a good chance to rest and work on what HE needs to work on (which is a lot) over the off season and not just be the DC Team cheerleader again.

I think the effort of Llodra vs Novak was just fantastic. Not only he played amazing, he stayed mentally tough in first set even when was down a minibreak in tiebreak and came up with some unbelievable shots. Richard, not only played timid and tight, but I thought he went away a bit in second set vs Novak, that's why I say that maybe he did not want the spot SO much. He did however gave a decent effort in Paris, especially against Mahut.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote