David Nalbandian in Davis Cup, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France, - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:58 PM   #31
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Nalbandian in Davis Cup, 17-19 September 2010, Lyon, France,

futbol-tenis Nalbandian-Schwank vs Monfils-Simon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMR_E...layer_embedded

Entry: - (Career High: - )

Race: -

W: Delray Beach 10 ,
canas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #32
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the short Video of that fooball match

http://www.canchallena.com/1304890

http://www.canchallena.com/1304890
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #33
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

Who will be the HERO of the Lyon Davis Cup?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #34
country flag Stephan

You can vote here, guys

http://www.conexionbrando.com/nota.asp?nota_id=1304889

Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #35
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute

‎David Nalbandian Sitio Oficial‎: La serie de Copa Davis entre Francia y Argentina comienza este viernes a las 8.30 hs de la Argentina, con TV en vivo por canal 13. David juega en el segundo turno frente a Gilles Simon.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 AM   #36
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by canas View Post
‎David Nalbandian Sitio Oficial‎: La serie de Copa Davis entre Francia y Argentina comienza este viernes a las 8.30 hs de la Argentina, con TV en vivo por canal 13. David juega en el segundo turno frente a Gilles Simon.
My Spanish is limited, but how can they know that he plays the second match, if the draw has not been yet made?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #37
country flag canas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
My Spanish is limited, but how can they know that he plays the second match, if the draw has not been yet made?

I'm like you do not know! but the official site of Nalbandian says so
Maybe just a guess!

Old 09-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #38
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
David Nalbandian Official Site: The number of Davis Cup between France and Argentina begins this Friday at 8.30 am from Argentina, with live TV on channel 13. David plays in the second round against Gilles Simon.
David's official website has been known to make mistakes many times in the past. Has the order of play been determined by Lot yet? David playing Simon in the Second Match? I thought Monfils and Gasquet were #1 and #2 on France and that expected matches on Friday (if taking the top seeds with no changes) were going to be Monfils vs. Nalby and Gasquet vs. Monaco. That is a bizarre announcement.

Quote:
(b) In Singles, each Team shall, subject to Regulation 35, consist of two players,
who shall play each against each of the opposing team to the best of five sets.
The Number One ranked player of each team shall play against the Number
Two ranked player of the opposing team on the first day, and the order of
play shall be decided by lot. The Number One ranked player of each team
shall play the third singles match. The Number Two ranked players shall play the fourth singles match.
I don't see how they could determine at this point that David would be playing the first or second match or that he would be playing Gilles Simon of all players. I'd rather he play Simon than Monfils, but that is completely confusing and random. David should be the #2 Singles player on Argentina behind Pico, and he should have to play Gael Monfils on Friday if the Team Captains go straight ahead with the Singles Seeding and don't substitute their top players.

I could see Tito pulling a surprise move and making Eduardo Schwank or Zeballos the other Singles player for the first two matches (and then using Monaco to repace Schwank on Sunday) thus making David the #1 Singles player so he would face Gasquet (7-0 H2H) instead of Monfils (1-2 H2H) on Friday. Tito made similar stellar chess moves against Sweden, guessing Leonardo Mayer could beat the Swedish #2 on Friday to win one match on Friday, getting the lead on Saturday putting David in the Doubles, and then slyly conceding the 4th match to Soderking and getting David to play the 5th rubber against Vinciguerra (replacing Schwank in the process).

As a fan of both David and Robin, I was astounded by the craft and intelligence Tito employed in setting up the match-ups, and how lamely Enqvist played his cards given that Soda at that time with an injured Nalby was expected to come through and did give Sweden 2/5 rubbers it needed. If things continue as they have this year, expect Tito to continue playing smart match-up moves in light of the absence of Del Potro and continuing to outsmart the other Team Captain.

Nothing is set until the draw. Tito likes to play Chess and I didn't think the lot to determine the order of play has been cast yet; nor is written in stone that Nalby and Pico will play Singles on Friday. We should find all that out later today, but don't be surprised if everyone ends up being a little surprised with any move Tito makes. He has proven to be quite clever this year.

But if David ends up playing Simon in the Second Match, that would go against all my expectations, as it would mean that Tito would make David the #1 seed and not play Monaco, and also that the Guy Forget would substitute Simon as the #2 for Gasquet. Or that he would substitute Simon for Monfils as France's #1 and David would remain #2, which would be even more astonishing of a move. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that announcement is yet another mistake by the Official Site (they have screwed up countless times in the past), and that there is little chance David plays Gilles in the second rubber on Friday.

Some H2H Stats of Note:

Nalbandian vs. Gasquet (7-0; 17-2 in sets)
Nalbandian vs. Monfils (1-2; Monfils dominated last meetings)
Nalbandian vs. Llodra (1-0 2009, Sydney)
Nalbandian vs. Simon (1-0 2010, Legg Mason)
Monaco vs. Monfils (2-2)
Monaco vs. Gasquet (0-0)
Schwank vs. Monfils (0-0)
Schwank vs. Gasquet (0-0)
Zeballos vs. Gasquet (0-1)

(If I'm Tito, I want to make certain David gets a match with Gasquet and Monaco gets a match with Monfils)
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 09-16-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #39
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I checked Twitter's Davis Cup tweets, and I can find no confirmation that David will play Simon in the 2nd rubber, or how that came out as news. However, there is this tweet that makes this potentially happening more likely:

http://twitter.com/DavisCup

Quote:
Gasquet has been replaced by Clement in the French team to face Argentina. The draw in Lyon takes place in a couple of hours. (1 hour ago)
So Gasquet is out. That would in all probability make Simon the new #2 for France (Llodra and Clement play the Doubles rubber), but unless Pico is substituted, he remains Argentina's #1 and he would be the one to play Simon (order not yet determined I believe). The draw takes place in a few hours and we should get the actual match-ups for Friday soon, thus ending all confusion.

Gasquet being out, and a Clement/Llodra doubles team is bad news for Argentina, in my opinion. That is a good move by Forget.
================
Oh, crap. Just noticed this:

Monaco vs. Simon H2H (1-3; Simon's last win over Pico was in Lyon in 2008 )

It looks like Guy Forget is giving Tito a little of his own medicine. Now does Tito come back at Forget by making Nalby the #1 and not letting Pico play until Sunday? That would indeed lead to a Nalby vs. Simon match on Friday. The wheels are turning.

Other Simon H2Hs:

Zeballos vs. Simon (1-0 Horacio beat Simon 6-2, 6-3 earlier this year in Miami Masters)
Schwank vs. Simon (1-0 Eduardo beat Simon in Vienna in 2008)
=============================
Ok, twitter people are saying the drawing is over and France pulls another surprise, this one not making too much sense, making Michael Llodra their #2 player instead of Gilles Simon.

Tito, surprisingly, doesn't pull any stunts, although this may actually be a move, as he anticipated that Guy Forget would think he would. This is actually some good news for Argentina now, although Nalby will have to prove he can beat one his toughest match-ups from pre-hip surgery days, Gael Monfils :

http://twitter.com/dannymiche

Sorteo realizado, primer mtratch monaco/Llodra seguido por Monfils/Nalbandian sera una serie dura y muy peleada.

Los dos ponen toda la carne en el asador. el doble Clement/Llodra ontra Schwank/Zeballos
2 minutes ago

-So the First match is Juan Monaco (#1 Argentina) vs. Michael Llodra (#2 France)
H2H Juan Monaco 2-1 over Llodra including a win THIS YEAR at the Australian Open. The bad news: Llodra beat Pico in Lyon in 2009 6-3, 6-4. So maybe that was the reason for this move. Still, Pico has proven he can defeat Llodra whereas he has had a tough time with Simon.

-The Second match will be David Nalbandian (#2 Argentina) vs. Gael Monfils (#1 France)

It will be interesting to see if a more mobile Nalby can snatch a victory from Monfils and if Pico can get a win off Llodra. I could easily see Argentina being up 2-0 or being down 0-2 after Friday. Tough match-ups; but wins for both Pico and Nalby are possible! Nalby needs to be in the zone on Friday and move much better than he did in his last match against Gael in the 2008 U.S. Open.
========
Confirmation:

The draw has been made in Lyon. Llodra faces Monaco in the opening rubber, followed by Monfils against Nalbandian. What a first day match! 8 minutes ago

Last edited by Nolby : 09-16-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #40
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

According to http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...en-simple.html David will have to play Gael on Friday, Llodra against Monaco.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #41
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
According to http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...en-simple.html David will have to play Gael on Friday, Llodra against Monaco.
Confirmed by tons of sources including the Davis Cup Official website. Gasquet was taken off the team earlier today, Clement was added, and Simon is not being used for the first 2 days. Guy Forget may substitute him for Llodra on Sunday against Nalby if necessary.

People on twitter were correcting the DN Official Site letting them know the draw to determine order of play and players involved hadn't occurred yet. These mistakes happens all the time with their FB and Twitter announcements.

Confirmation:

I'm nervous about David vs. Gael on Friday. David played one his worst matches against Gael in the 2008 U.S. Open. But Davis Cup indoors now that his hip has been healed should be a whole different match.

Pico has had some success against Llodra including beating him at tihs year's Australian Open. Despite Llodra's fine play as of late and the fact his 1 career victory over Pico came at Lyon, I wouldn't dismiss Pico in a best 3/5 set match against Llodra (i.e. AO victory in 2010 for Pico over Llodra). That move by Forget has me a little baffled. Pico could well end up winning his match and if Nalby comes through, Argentina will be in great shape regardless of the Doubles outcome heading into Sunday. I wonder if Forget thought Tito would try to avoid a Nalby/Monfils match on Friday, and put Pico on hold until Sunday? Simon has a 3-1 H2H against Pico, but if he plays for Llodra on Sunday, he will have to play Nalby (1-0 vs. Simon) instead of Pico. Maybe Forget overthought strategies a little too much. Here is hoping anyway.

Last edited by Nolby : 09-16-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #42
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Llodra /Monaco will begin then, David/Monfils....
VAMOS ARGENTINA
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #43
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolby View Post
Maybe Forget overthought strategies a little too much.

Quote:
David's official website has been known to make mistakes many times in the past.
So you can add one more.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #44
country flag canas

vamooos Nallby , Vamooos Argentina

Old 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #45
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm nervous about David vs. Gael on Friday. David played one his worst matches against Gael in the 2008 U.S. Open. But Davis Cup indoors now that his hip has been healed should be a whole different match.

Pico has had some success against Llodra including beating him at tihs year's Australian Open. Despite Llodra's fine play as of late and the fact his 1 career victory over Pico came at Lyon, I wouldn't dismiss Pico in a best 3/5 set match against Llodra (i.e. AO victory in 2010 for Pico over Llodra). That move by Forget has me a little baffled. Pico could well end up winning his match and if Nalby comes through, Argentina will be in great shape regardless of the Doubles outcome heading into Sunday. I wonder if Forget thought Tito would try to avoid a Nalby/Monfils match on Friday, and put Pico on hold until Sunday? Simon has a 3-1 H2H against Pico, but if he plays for Llodra on Sunday, he will have to play Nalby (1-0 vs. Simon) instead of Pico. Maybe Forget overthought strategies a little too much. Here is hoping anyway.
So everything is clear now. To be honest, i don't prefer to watch him play Gael first, coz I am also concerned about their tough matchups. In both two matches of 2008 (Olympics and US Open), Gael outplayed him. I was just at that Olympic match, and Gael stunned me by his playing. Of course, you can say David was not at his best at that time. He sufferred from injury in the grass season of that year, and made a rush come-back to catch the Olympics. This time, it's DC match, indoor hard surface, and the most important - he is healthy, so things will be better, but still tough considering Gael just had a good run on US Open.

For Pico vs Mika, I can understand Forget's choice. Mika fits this surface and he always can raise his level when playing in front of the locals. Pico came back from the injury, so although he beated Mika in AO this year, I would say Mika has the edge at this time.

I will not be surprised by any result of the first day: 2:0, 0:2, 1-1. Any of them can happen. But if Argentina is 0:2 behind after the 1st day, it will be very tough, coz David will only play in the 5th rubber, which means they must win the doubles and Pica has to beat Gael to keep them live. Well, the draw is the draw. Hope they will rock Lyon this weekend
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote