Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 12, 2010) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #16
country flag tennis fan474
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 485
tennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19 View Post
I can not understand they made this stupid decision. I dont think Wu Di is good enough to get this WC. He was already in the list actually couple months ago as he even didnt play the F8 in Shanghai. No doubt, he knew he is already in.

Absolutely, they should give a changce to Kei!
We had the same debate in Toronto's thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=164745&page=4
tennis fan474 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #17
country flag shoustar89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 179
shoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19 View Post
I can not understand they made this stupid decision. I dont think Wu Di is good enough to get this WC. He was already in the list actually couple months ago as he even didnt play the F8 in Shanghai. No doubt, he knew he is already in.

Absolutely, they should give a changce to Kei!
Oh,come on.It is not the time for a Japanese player to be here
shoustar89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,517
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis fan474 View Post
We had the same debate in Toronto's thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=164745&page=4
I'm not going to go back on what I said there, as it is the tournament's right to give WC to whoever they want to and if they want to give it to their countires talent for experiance then that's fine but China is worse than Canada in tennis, at least Canada got someone into the 2nd round. But again, they can give it to whoever they want to.

BTW, just a question which I know will never need to be answered, but if Raonic were to beat Nadal and win his next match after that in Tokyo, he'd be playing there on Saturday, would he be eligible for the SE even though he hasn't entered qualifying here, or does he need to be entered in qualifying to get it. I know it's a useless question which can be thrown out of Thursday, but I like to be optimistic
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #19
country flag smucav
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,643
smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
BTW, just a question which I know will never need to be answered, but if Raonic were to beat Nadal and win his next match after that in Tokyo, he'd be playing there on Saturday, would he be eligible for the SE even though he hasn't entered qualifying here, or does he need to be entered in qualifying to get it. I know it's a useless question which can be thrown out of Thursday, but I like to be optimistic
Any player still playing singles in Beijing or Tokyo on Saturday (when the Shanghai qualifying is scheduled to start) is eligible for a SE spot in Shanghai as long as he was not on the the entry list of another tournament (in this case challengers or futures entry lists since there are no other ATP events during Shanghai).
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #20
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,517
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 5, 2010)

Milos is on the list for Tashkent, but hasn't gotten DE there yet, so he's eligible or no?
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person
 
Sonja1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Loveland <3
Age: 24
Posts: 44,463
Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 5, 2010)

Fish will be ready?
__________________
Never ever give up
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #22
country flag tensyo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 94
tensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond reputetensyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smucav View Post
Any player still playing singles in Beijing or Tokyo on Saturday (when the Shanghai qualifying is scheduled to start) is eligible for a SE spot in Shanghai as long as he was not on the the entry list of another tournament (in this case challengers or futures entry lists since there are no other ATP events during Shanghai).
But if he did not sign up for qualies, he has no reason to be given the SE spot.
tensyo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,517
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 5, 2010)

that was my reasoning too tensyo, I thought he probably wouldn't be eligible for that reason. But according to smucav as long as he didn't sign up for anything else he would be eligible. Problem is he signed up to Tashkent so he probably won't be eligible but he hasn't gotten in yet so I still don't know lol
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #24
country flag smucav
Moderator
 
smucav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,643
smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
Milos is on the list for Tashkent, but hasn't gotten DE there yet, so he's eligible or no?
A player can't withdraw from one tournament to play another, but an alternate can withdraw from the alternate list anytime before the deadline w. no penalty. If he is still on the alternate list at the withdrawal deadline & is IN he becomes a direct acceptance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensyo View Post
But if he did not sign up for qualies, he has no reason to be given the SE spot.
False:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...5&postcount=19

Last edited by smucav : 10-06-2010 at 07:58 PM.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #25
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,517
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 5, 2010)

so let me gets this straight(I'm a little thick headed)

If Raonic withdrew from Tashkent before the deadline if he's hasn't got DE there yet he could get the SE here if he was the highest ranked player Eligible(Nieminen would be higher if he wins Friday and doesn't get in here directly, same for Seppi)
If he doesn't withdraw he can't get the SE here

EDIT: That's all assuming he were to make the SF in Tokyo which is pretty much guarenteed not to happen anyway
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #26
country flag Cindy19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,391
Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoustar89 View Post
Oh,come on.It is not the time for a Japanese player to be here
We are talking about tennis, is it clear man? forget the past at this moment, all about is tennis!
Look at the player ranking, how can you say Kei doesnt deserve it?
__________________
"Lebih baik satu burung ditangan dari pada sepuluh burung dipohon."
Meaning: Better something than nothing.
寥勝於無
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #27
country flag Cindy19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,391
Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis fan474 View Post
We had the same debate in Toronto's thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=164745&page=4
Yes, it happenes everywhere.
__________________
"Lebih baik satu burung ditangan dari pada sepuluh burung dipohon."
Meaning: Better something than nothing.
寥勝於無
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #28
country flag Cindy19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pyongyang
Posts: 14,391
Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 1, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I'm not going to go back on what I said there, as it is the tournament's right to give WC to whoever they want to and if they want to give it to their countires talent for experiance then that's fine but China is worse than Canada in tennis, at least Canada got someone into the 2nd round. But again, they can give it to whoever they want to.

BTW, just a question which I know will never need to be answered, but if Raonic were to beat Nadal and win his next match after that in Tokyo, he'd be playing there on Saturday, would he be eligible for the SE even though he hasn't entered qualifying here, or does he need to be entered in qualifying to get it. I know it's a useless question which can be thrown out of Thursday, but I like to be optimistic
nothing we can blame as protect local young and low ranked player is kinda of duty.
__________________
"Lebih baik satu burung ditangan dari pada sepuluh burung dipohon."
Meaning: Better something than nothing.
寥勝於無
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #29
country flag sweetymessi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 126
sweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond reputesweetymessi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 5, 2010)

Del Potro OUT
sweetymessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #30
country flag tennis fan474
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 24
Posts: 485
tennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond reputetennis fan474 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated October 5, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetymessi View Post
Del Potro OUT
Source?
tennis fan474 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios