How long will Nole waste his career with that guy (Marian Vajda)? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 AM   #61
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long will Nole waste his career with that guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
that's right, he definitely has a condition.......i have been watching this guy since 2006 and he gets exhausted quickly in heat......he even threw night matches to players like santoro in 2007 out of exhaustion.......since 2009 his resistance to heat started declining rapidly and he can hardly win a tennis match these days when playing on a hot sunny day.......

i posted some 3 months ago that his game has taken a hit mainly due to this reason and i still stand by it.......when you know that you cannot survive even for 3 sets in sun, how can you even think of winning 7 matches in a slam?

second thing is the racket.......this present head racket just keeps giving more headaches.......i don't know if there's something wrong with the strings but he keeps jabbing at those forehands.......has no control on that shot these days for some reason.......
two words.... Pierre Paganini
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #62
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
For me this was the real turning point in his career. Somehow after this incident he lost some joy in the game and with it his attitude and determination. It was a very nasty incident which I hate Roddick for and one of the lowest moments in Nole's career. He completely changed his behavior and attitude after that. He went "soft".
Two difficult things happened then: dealing with the crowds and, well, he lost to Federer. The crowds got him angry and hurt that is for sure, and the loss to Federer did made him doubt.

He had a "Is it possible people do not love me as much as I think they love me / Am I as good as I think I am?" moment.

I don't like the guy, but seeing him stalled like this for so long is kind of sad. He's better than this. But to bring back the cockiness could also turn the crowd against him some more. Would Djokovic be happier winning more but less popular with the crowd?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #63
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitJohn View Post
Two difficult things happened then: dealing with the crowds and, well, he lost to Federer. The crowds got him angry and hurt that is for sure, and the loss to Federer did made him doubt.

He had a "Is it possible people do not love me as much as I think they love me / Am I as good as I think I am?" moment.

I don't like the guy, but seeing him stalled like this for so long is kind of sad. He's better than this. But to bring back the cockiness could also turn the crowd against him some more. Would Djokovic be happier winning more but less popular with the crowd?
I don't think that incident in 2008 was the breaking point because he played some solid tennis even afterwards, most notably winning the TMC.

Either way, I think he somehow got really uptight especially after winning AO 2008.. He wasn't the same joking Novak we all knew in 2007, and I think him trying to be a "serious/mature champion" has made him put extra pressure on himself and now he doesn't swing and play as freely as he did in 2007.

Yes he played extremely well in Australia when he won it, but I think for an overall consistent year, he should go back to how he was in 2007 mentally. Or then again, he doesn't have to change because despite what most say, Novak's performance in 2009 and so far here in 2010 is still very good. Unless 4 GS QF appearances, 2 GS SF appearances at the slams, 4 MS SF appearances, 4 MS F appearances, and 1 MS win isn't good enough, then I don't know what is. We can't except Nadal-like, let alone Federer-like, consistency.

You can argue that he has lost some bite on his groundstrokes/serves or that using Head has screwed him over, but who knows whether he needs to revamp his whole game, just get some big matches under his belt, or just adjust slightly, because he is clearly still in the top 4 for a reason.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 AM   #64
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I don't think that incident in 2008 was the breaking point because he played some solid tennis even afterwards, most notably winning the TMC.

Either way, I think he somehow got really uptight especially after winning AO 2008.. He wasn't the same joking Novak we all knew in 2007, and I think him trying to be a "serious/mature champion" has made him put extra pressure on himself and now he doesn't swing and play as freely as he did in 2007.

Yes he played extremely well in Australia when he won it, but I think for an overall consistent year, he should go back to how he was in 2007 mentally. Or then again, he doesn't have to change because despite what most say, Novak's performance in 2009 and so far here in 2010 is still very good. Unless 4 GS QF appearances, 2 GS SF appearances at the slams, 4 MS SF appearances, 4 MS F appearances, and 1 MS win isn't good enough, then I don't know what is. We can't except Nadal-like, let alone Federer-like, consistency.

You can argue that he has lost some bite on his groundstrokes/serves or that using Head has screwed him over, but who knows whether he needs to revamp his whole game, just get some big matches under his belt, or just adjust slightly, because he is clearly still in the top 4 for a reason.
2008 was supposed to be his party, after all, he had arrived at the AO: it's my turn now, and the USO was the party pooper. I'm not sure if he did not expect at least Nadal-like consistency at that time. He was pretty cocky.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #65
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond reputepica_pica has a reputation beyond repute

Hiring Todd Martin was wrong because he's trying to change Nole's tennis TECHNICALLY. Nole can consider hiring some psychological/mental help instead. There is something negative and worrying in his competitive mindset.

Believe in yourself, Novak.
That's all I ask of you.

2011 & 2014 Wimbledon. 2011 US Open.
2008, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Australian Open.
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year 2011
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #66
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Novak is a public figure in Serbia, in a way "an ambassador" for the country, but getting much more attention than the classic diplomats. All the Serbs I met in Vienna, from student to taxi-driver, not only knew him, but offered views on his family, his restaurant, the Belgrade tourney, etc....what he did right and what he did wrong.

Serbia as a whole works hard on an image change and Novak can't escape that task, as he is a Serbian face to the world. That is a responsibiity which hardly any other player has to shoulder.

I feel he doesn't shy away from that role, but it explains a lot: cockyness is not on the agenda anymore. Besides, I do think that he is a crowd-pleaser by nature, I have seen him friendly with fans even when the cameras were off more than once.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #67
country flag yellowboy906

yellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond reputeyellowboy906 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
Sorry to break to you but Novak is a great player but not an outstanding talented one to the likes of Federer or Nadal level or any other outstanding multi slam champion for that matter. I would even put Nalbandian as slightly more talented and he hasn`t won a GS slam yet.

Djokovic is a great top player, he has a very well rounded consistent game, great FH a solid and steady backhand a nice serve and descent volley skills and mental. Having said that he doesn`t possess anything outstanding in his arsenal neither technically or mentally. When he gets hot mentally he can have great results, I remeber I think just last year where he was one of the players that most pushed Nadal on clay specially that endless final in Hamburg I belive, which could have lead to Nadal eventual tireness, physycal issues and loss to Soderling. Slam finals, I am not sure how many MS 1000 he has one but I think a few...etc..

But in the end is just that. Djokovic is a great top player, but he will not beat a Federer playing really well on any surface nor Nadal for that matter maybe aside from fast HC. He is also the type of player that can lose to several other good top players on any given day. So is just that, he is quite similar to Andy Murray, having achivied more than him yet as far as GS and on clay as well. I think as a Nole fan you can`t complain too much, I think he could problably achievied maybe another slam and a few MS 100, but either way he is career is going just fine in accordance to his game. Specially when you consider that guys like Nalbandian, Haas, Murray that has won as big yet....

I also think he is similar to Delpo in the sense that the Argentine won it big and young, but he doesn`t really have that talent or expectations of winnning GS left and right. And I think most people would not be surprised if he won just that US open, for example. Given that he is great top player,but not also an outstanding player technically or mentally.
who can beat federer on any surface when he's playing well other than nadal on clay? go fuc*k yourself
yellowboy906 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #68
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post

Insightful post, I agree with most of it.
I also don't think his problem is "talent". He has that in abundance, whether his haters want to admit it or not. I don't think it's debatable. So the problem lies elsewhere. Most people think it's mental, me included. He also has the hindrance of stamina problems, breathing and heat-related issues. But most of it is mental. Against some rivals like Federer or Roddick he plays too nervous and self-conscious. He can beat those guys and everyone else when he's on but sometimes he puts a mental barrier. Specially when he's in a semifinal or final. That's the reason he doesn't pass from QF these days. He gets there and then he is mentally blocked for some reason. If he had played at his level against Meltzer in RG, Berdych in Wimbledon, Federer in Toronto and Roddick in Cinci, he would have won those matches. They were all close matches already but he played abysmal at times. While before he had been clinical. It's like he has a fear of getting to the final stages of tournaments. It's called fear of failure. He plays with fear and that is hurting his game big.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #69
country flag cocrcici

cocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy906 View Post
who can beat federer on any surface when he's playing well other than nadal on clay? go fuc*k yourself
Summer is coming...
cocrcici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #70
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

He just needs to learn how to serve, that's all.
Li Ching Yuen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #71
country flag Persimmon

Persimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitJohn View Post
2008 was supposed to be his party, after all, he had arrived at the AO: it's my turn now, and the USO was the party pooper. I'm not sure if he did not expect at least Nadal-like consistency at that time. He was pretty cocky.
Exactly.
Persimmon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #72
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
He just needs to learn how to serve, that's all.
His serve is a problem, that´s for sure. But my guess is that´s only a reflection of the real issue, which is mental. His service motion is horrible nowadays, and I´m sure Martin had something to do with it, but his problems go way deeper than that.

As others have said, he seems too nice nowadays, his results were better when he was hated and cocky. Nowadays he seems like a nice guy with a harmless game. It´s like his aggression and weapons dissapeared with his arrogance. Something needs to change quick if he wants to win another GS.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #73
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Nole isn't in the position to make radical changes in his life right now. What he needs is some stability and some confidence, and obviously he feels comfortable with Vajda and that whole team. He brought in Martin which ended up actually being a disaster. What Nole needs is support and people who will tell him the things he wants to hear and people who he knows will be there when he's struggling, and that's what Vajda and that whole group brings. When he's more confident and in a more secure situation in his career and mentality, then he should look to make changes.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #74
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
His serve is a problem, that´s for sure. But my guess is that´s only a reflection of the real issue, which is mental. His service motion is horrible nowadays, and I´m sure Martin had something to do with it, but his problems go way deeper than that.

As others have said, he seems too nice nowadays, his results were better when he was hated and cocky. Nowadays he seems like a nice guy with a harmless game. It´s like his aggression and weapons dissapeared with his arrogance. Something needs to change quick if he wants to win another GS.
Actually, if you really think about maybe it's his lack of dedication. He's been having serving issues for so long. You'd think he'd improve on it or at least show some signs of improvement but things seem to be stagnating for him. Maybe a new coach, maybe a break, he needs something and quick. He can continue on and scraping wins, left and right. With his talent he can easily keep up a good ranking, probably Top 5, since at this point in time the Top 10 is kind of out of it but this will be detrimental for his career in the long run.
Li Ching Yuen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #75
country flag r2473

r2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelq View Post
Nole should retire for his fans.
I think we need a new thread
r2473 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote