How long will Nole waste his career with that guy (Marian Vajda)? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #46
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long will Nole waste his career with that guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Wasn't it Todd Martin who fucked up his serve?
Yes.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #47
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Yes.
Thought so. One of the worst coaching screw-ups of all time. Did the same thing happen to Coria?
Old 08-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #48
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

two things.......

1. change the racket back to wilson and
2. hire a fulltime doctor to travel with him and find a solution to his stamina worries......he no more seems to be able to play winning tennis when playing under sun.......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #49
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Well the motivation from the player's box is sometimes depressing, but he is a good coach, you can't deny it. Novak hasn't been playing bad tennis. I think he has been legitimately unlucky at some stages, but I mean QF at the Australian Open, QF at the French Open, and SF at Wimbledon are not poor results now. The fact that he should of won both his QF matches means he is still doing something right, but maybe mentally he should change a little bit, and that only comes with winning matches, patience and time.

Maybe Novak should get his parents back in the box to behave rudely towards his opponents? Or maybe he should go back to being a big joker like he was in 2007? I might sound silly, but seriously, if you feel like you used to play tennis better in the past, wouldn't you try to emulate some of the factors that were involved previously? It wouldn't hurt. I mean him being such a joker or have his parents being rude in the box could have relaxed him as a player and allowed him to hit more freely.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #50
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

I like Vajda a lot.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #51
country flag Everko

Everko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond reputeEverko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
As some said before, he needs to get his arrogance/cockiness back.
I agree with this. Early when he got into top 5 Federer used to dislike playing him and always had fits of trouble. But then for some reason Novak decided he wanted to be more loved by Federer and Rafa. Not a good decision for his career. He used to be very intimidating to everyone, even the top guys.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #52
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
I agree with this. Early when he got into top 5 Federer used to dislike playing him and always had fits of trouble. But then for some reason Novak decided he wanted to be more loved by Federer and Rafa. Not a good decision for his career. He used to be very intimidating to everyone, even the top guys.
i think he just lacks confidence these days.......he was just immature when he was young.......stamina worries are also adding up to the miseries.......when was the last time he beat a big player playing under the afternoon sun?

changing the racket back to wilson should be his first step......had enough with this head racket which doesn't seem to give him the right stroke dynamics......look at his forehand, awful......changing the coach wouldn't be a good decision because the problem is not with the coach.......
Old 08-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #53
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunate mr djokovic. most likely he has a condition, an inability to perform in certain conditions, like heat, moist... did it happen out of a blue sky, or did it pan out somehow, is hard to say.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #54
Banned!

that's right, he definitely has a condition.......i have been watching this guy since 2006 and he gets exhausted quickly in heat......he even threw night matches to players like santoro in 2007 out of exhaustion.......since 2009 his resistance to heat started declining rapidly and he can hardly win a tennis match these days when playing on a hot sunny day.......

i posted some 3 months ago that his game has taken a hit mainly due to this reason and i still stand by it.......when you know that you cannot survive even for 3 sets in sun, how can you even think of winning 7 matches in a slam?

second thing is the racket.......this present head racket just keeps giving more headaches.......i don't know if there's something wrong with the strings but he keeps jabbing at those forehands.......has no control on that shot these days for some reason.......
Old 08-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #55
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

that part looks to me to be more mental, cause we've seen him play excellent tennis mostly last year. also he still plays on an averagely high level given he is/was no 2. maybe it a bit harder to get in the groove with this head racket, but look how he went out of slams, in a more or less listless endings drained in the sun..

to me it looks that condition is triggered both mentally and due to conditions. I wouldnt bet he has it alone in tennis, let alone all of sports. also it appears it can be controlled to a level.

So a change in environment would be good, with Vajda going on leave and importing some high profile coach who could handle novaks case.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #56
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

he also needs to open a new facebook account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #57
country flag Vida

exactly. maybe hes been trying to but doesnt know how.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #58
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coonster14 View Post
And the US Open incident with Roddick, we all know what happened after that, Nole has become soft, he is passive and I do not feel that his game has improved in any way at all, if anything, his game has regressed, his forehand sucks these days, and his serve is nothing compared to what it used to be...oh Nole
For me this was the real turning point in his career. Somehow after this incident he lost some joy in the game and with it his attitude and determination. It was a very nasty incident which I hate Roddick for and one of the lowest moments in Nole's career. He completely changed his behavior and attitude after that. He went "soft".

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"

Last edited by Nole fan : 08-22-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #59
country flag brent-o

brent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond reputebrent-o has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
Sorry to break to you but Novak is a great player but not an outstanding talented one to the likes of Federer or Nadal level or any other outstanding multi slam champion for that matter. I would even put Nalbandian as slightly more talented and he hasn`t won a GS slam yet.

Djokovic is a great top player, he has a very well rounded consistent game, great FH a solid and steady backhand a nice serve and descent volley skills and mental. Having said that he doesn`t possess anything outstanding in his arsenal neither technically or mentally. When he gets hot mentally he can have great results, I remeber I think just last year where he was one of the players that most pushed Nadal on clay specially that endless final in Hamburg I belive, which could have lead to Nadal eventual tireness, physycal issues and loss to Soderling. Slam finals, I am not sure how many MS 1000 he has one but I think a few...etc..

But in the end is just that. Djokovic is a great top player, but he will not beat a Federer playing really well on any surface nor Nadal for that matter maybe aside from fast HC. He is also the type of player that can lose to several other good top players on any given day. So is just that, he is quite similar to Andy Murray, having achivied more than him yet as far as GS and on clay as well. I think as a Nole fan you can`t complain too much, I think he could problably achievied maybe another slam and a few MS 100, but either way he is career is going just fine in accordance to his game. Specially when you consider that guys like Nalbandian, Haas, Murray that has won as big yet....

I also think he is similar to Delpo in the sense that the Argentine won it big and young, but he doesn`t really have that talent or expectations of winnning GS left and right. And I think most people would not be surprised if he won just that US open, for example. Given that he is great top player,but not also an outstanding player technically or mentally.
Awesome write-up, but I think you're wrong about his talent level. As for Nalbandian being ahead of him in that department, I'll still give you that. Not only is Nalbandian naturally talented, but he has a really great tactical mind which is a whole different type of talent in and of itself. But when Nole was really at his best (in the days of the Big Three/Four), his elasticity and flexibility made him one of the best shot-makers on tour. Federer, Nadal, and Nole had probably the most consistent passing shots on tour, and that's no coincidence because they are all flexible and athletic enough to hit any shot from any position. Even looking at the tour now, and how much the game has evolved, there are very few players (maybe Monfils) with Nole's athletic talents.

No, I think where Djokovic went wrong was entirely mental. As others have said, when he lost that youthful cockiness, that fearless shotmaking, and began to mature, his game has suffered for it.

Andre Agassi (always #1)---Novak Djokovic ---Rafa Nadal---
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga---Gilles Simon---Tomas Berdych---David Nalbandian---Nico Almagro
brent-o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #60
country flag Serenidad

Serenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic needs some development on the volley and the slice.

From the groundstrokes he is fine when he is playing well, but all of the top contenders can play groundstrokes. It is just not enough.

2011 DANIEL BRANDS CHAMPION

Daniel Brands ATP Profile Daniel Brands Facebook Daniel Brands Website Daniel Brands Pictures The Brandwagon
Serenidad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote