How long will Nole waste his career with that guy (Marian Vajda)? - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #226
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long will Nole waste his career with that guy (Marian Vajda)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post

Nole should've won the Sportsmanship award solely for being able to restrain himself from beating the snot out of Martin.
I have never in my life seen Jelena on a practice court before or after this. She was obviously needed to stop Nole coming to blows with Martin

Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #227
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
this clip is always good for a laugh
Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
Dude Nole didnt waste a perfect year or years, he was just warming up, he still beat very good players at that time, he just ran into fedal too much thats all but he was just getting started.
Those years could make the difference between single digits and double digits at the slams. Winning multiple slams for consecutive years is not as easy as Federer made it look.

Last edited by reery : 03-13-2012 at 01:46 PM.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #228
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I love how people assume that Nole "wasted" the years when he wasn't winning slams. Seems people here haven't heard of a top player using his earlier years to develop into what they are at their peak.

Ajde.
Wow leng jai your infinite wisdom leaves me speechless. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #229
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
again, you are wrong for expecting specific predictions.....in longterm predictions, the point is not about how many wins or when and where they are scored
Here are some examples of long term predictions: Murray will win a slam, Djokovic will win Wimbledon, Djokovic will lead Nadal in the H2H. With these predictions you clearly know whether or not they've happened, even if the timeframe or surface isn't specified.

How do you know when a prediction like "Djokovic will challenge/rival Nadal" comes true? Answer: you have to have a debate about what it means to challenge or rival another player. We've had that debate, and your response has been that there is no particular timeframe, no particular surface, and no particular number of matches Djokovic needed to win. Somehow you count that as a victory!

The end result is that the prediction could have come true with Djokovic winning most encounters and most slams, or Nadal winning most encounters and most slams. Even in a world in which Nadal continues his domination after USO 2010 (as you seemed to think would happen) there's still a place for Djokovic as a rival. That's essentially my point.

If you don't make specific predictions, you can't take credit for specific results. If you can accept that, and accept you didn't directly predict what happened in 2011 (at least not on these forums), then we can probably agree.

Quote:
.....that's an immature take at things......the point is about the challenge.....did i say soderling will rival nadal in the future even when soderling was the one who actually scored a slam win over rafa? no.....i still said djokovic at a time when he was struggling like a dog with all the stamina issues.....
The H2H was 3-1 before RG 2009, and Nadal was clearly far from his best in the match he lost. I take your point, except that Djokovic never faced Nadal in a HC slam before USO 2010, despite leading the H2H on hardcourt, and also reached the semis at the USO for 4 consecutive years before 2011, losing to an in-form Federer 3 times.

I find it a bit strange that you've said the surface doesn't matter, as Djokovic always did well on hard courts vs. Nadal. It's clay and especially grass where he's struggled.

Quote:
the discussion did not start because i wanted credit for something......the discussion started and still running because you poked your nose in and tried to disprove something which you yourself aren't sure of and are stuck in an endless loop, first by questioning the time frame, then by questioning the matches, then questioning about no.1 ranking......haha what else can you try? and of course you are going to get the ball back as long as you keep throwing it just for the heck of it.....
I asked these questions to find out what you were supposed to have predicted, in light of the 2010 thread you created, prior to Djokovic's 'rise'. In the end we discover that the questions don't have answers, because the original prediction was extremely vague. I'm happy with that position!

Quote:
the point remains that i predicted the trends way back in 2009.....you din't.....you are just trying your best to deny and disprove but it's just ain't happening for you.....
In general I don't make predictions because I know how easy it is to be wrong. But this isn't about me.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #230
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Those years could make the difference between single digits and double digits at the slams. Winning multiple slams for consecutive years is not as easy as Federer made it look.
Yes i understand that, but like i told people, he was more of both worlds, he likes to save energy but yet defend for his life on every point. He at that time had the best 2nd serve percentage in the history of tennis. Nole really before was known as a joke to some other serious tennis fans, no one took him seriously even though he wone a slam. People still didnt think that he can challenge Fedal. But he did and he still didnt get credit. It was hard to be Nole at that time because people always ridicule him way too much. Same thing happen when Rafa came into the scene, people always ridicule him because he had a different style of tennis that no one was use to seeing. Even though Fed is like "God" to everyone else, he was the guy who didnt like Rafa and Nole at all because they knew how to beat him and knew what he was capable of doing to him. Fed especially didnt like Nole at all, he didnt want Nole to be talked about at all, basically he didnt want Nole in the conversation with the other legends of this sport.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #231
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

damn you Todd, tampering with that great serve which peaked at Indian Wells 2009.

Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #232
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

I actually remember at one point around that time a speed-clock in some match recognising a Nole ace as the fastest serve ever, it was like 255 kmp/h or something... but it was definitely definitely broken
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #233
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
Here are some examples of long term predictions: Murray will win a slam, Djokovic will win Wimbledon, Djokovic will lead Nadal in the H2H. With these predictions you clearly know whether or not they've happened, even if the timeframe or surface isn't specified.

How do you know when a prediction like "Djokovic will challenge/rival Nadal" comes true? Answer: you have to have a debate about what it means to challenge or rival another player. We've had that debate, and your response has been that there is no particular timeframe, no particular surface, and no particular number of matches Djokovic needed to win. Somehow you count that as a victory!

The end result is that the prediction could have come true with Djokovic winning most encounters and most slams, or Nadal winning most encounters and most slams. Even in a world in which Nadal continues his domination after USO 2010 (as you seemed to think would happen) there's still a place for Djokovic as a rival. That's essentially my point.

If you don't make specific predictions, you can't take credit for specific results. If you can accept that, and accept you didn't directly predict what happened in 2011 (at least not on these forums), then we can probably agree.

The H2H was 3-1 before RG 2009, and Nadal was clearly far from his best in the match he lost. I take your point, except that Djokovic never faced Nadal in a HC slam before USO 2010, despite leading the H2H on hardcourt, and also reached the semis at the USO for 4 consecutive years before 2011, losing to an in-form Federer 3 times.

I find it a bit strange that you've said the surface doesn't matter, as Djokovic always did well on hard courts vs. Nadal. It's clay and especially grass where he's struggled.

I asked these questions to find out what you were supposed to have predicted, in light of the 2010 thread you created, prior to Djokovic's 'rise'. In the end we discover that the questions don't have answers, because the original prediction was extremely vague. I'm happy with that position!

In general I don't make predictions because I know how easy it is to be wrong. But this isn't about me.
longterm predictions don't need to be specific, no matter how many times you say otherwise.....when speaking at a high level or broader picture, granular low level things are insignificant.....that's how longterm predictions are made and that's how broader takes exist.....

by saying "djokovic will go on to challenge and rival nadal" or anything along those lines, anyone can easily understand the meaning of it.....the essence and base point is that djokovic was going to become nadal's main rival.....that's all needed to be said.....needless to go into detail because we aren't speaking about one tournament or one match.....

it's not about whether you like predictions or not, it's about someone like you(afraid of making predictions by your own claim) trying to counter someone like me who's got something right.....that's why i pointed out that you haven't predicted anything.....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #234
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Wow leng jai your infinite wisdom leaves me speechless. I couldn't have said it better myself.
A rare phenomenon, indeed.

It's funny how some Noletards claim he's wasted earlier years as if everyone is Fed level and can just mature and start spamming multiple slam-winning years.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #235
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
longterm predictions don't need to be specific, no matter how many times you say otherwise.....
They don't need to be specific, but more specific predictions are more impressive than less specific ones. Don't you think?

There are lots of different ways the statement "Djokovic challenges/rivals Nadal" might be 'true', depending on who wins the rivalry and when it happens. Hence it's quite a vague prediction. And when a specific set of events happens, like Djokovic beating Nadal 7 times in a row, you can't really back it up with that prediction, because the prediction wasn't about a particular set of events. Nadal could still be on top and the prediction would still be true.

You are of course free to make vague predictions.

Quote:
when speaking at a high level or broader picture, granular low level things are insignificant.....that's how longterm predictions are made and that's how broader takes exist.....
Well, you can be specific without specifying what will happen in every event. For example, the statement "Djokovic will stay at number 1 for the next few years" doesn't specify which events he'll win, or who who he'll beat, or how many points he'll have. But the criteria for whether it comes true or not is very simple. It's the same with predictions about number of titles won (even if in a range) or who will lead the H2H.

Quote:
it's not about whether you like predictions or not, it's about someone like you(afraid of making predictions by your own claim) trying to counter someone like me who's got something right.....that's why i pointed out that you haven't predicted anything.....
It's quite easy to easy to get something right if you make enough predictions. Even if you decide by flipping a coin you'll still be 'right' a lot of the time. But to know how accurate your predictions are, you also have to take into account when you got things wrong.

My opinion is that most people are a lot less accurate than they think they are, because they selectively remember their successes. In this thread you've only recalled your successful predictions, and ignored your unsuccessful ones (even when they were pointed out to you). That paints a certain picture of you.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #236
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
They don't need to be specific, but more specific predictions are more impressive than less specific ones. Don't you think?

There are lots of different ways the statement "Djokovic challenges/rivals Nadal" might be 'true', depending on who wins the rivalry and when it happens. Hence it's quite a vague prediction. And when a specific set of events happens, like Djokovic beating Nadal 7 times in a row, you can't really back it up with that prediction, because the prediction wasn't about a particular set of events. Nadal could still be on top and the prediction would still be true.

You are of course free to make vague predictions.

Well, you can be specific without specifying what will happen in every event. For example, the statement "Djokovic will stay at number 1 for the next few years" doesn't specify which events he'll win, or who who he'll beat, or how many points he'll have. But the criteria for whether it comes true or not is very simple. It's the same with predictions about number of titles won (even if in a range) or who will lead the H2H.

It's quite easy to easy to get something right if you make enough predictions. Even if you decide by flipping a coin you'll still be 'right' a lot of the time. But to know how accurate your predictions are, you also have to take into account when you got things wrong.

My opinion is that most people are a lot less accurate than they think they are, because they selectively remember their successes. In this thread you've only recalled your successful predictions, and ignored your unsuccessful ones (even when they were pointed out to you). That paints a certain picture of you.
the point is not about whether the prediction was impressive or not......it was about right or not......it was right.....the question about specificness shouldn't even arise because the prediction was a long term one......

it's not about if nadal was still on top, whether my prediction would be right or wrong......it's about ultimately whether i got it right or not......try to get the difference and learn more about long term predictions......i din't say soderling or berdych would go onto rival nadal.....

djokovic becoming no.1 or djokovic setting up 20-0 against nadal is not the point.....that's where you have been going wrong since the start of this thread......the point is about his challenge and becoming nadal's main rival.....now how he accomplishes that was irrelevant because it was long term prediction......

and no that is not a vague prediction.....i clearly stated who was going to challenge and become nadal's main rival......

recollecting my right predictions is my wish, i will do.....it's your headache if you can't stomach them......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote