RafaChat Part 30 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #121
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
8.30 am for us Adam.
Shit that wasn't what I wanted to hear

How are you Linda my dearest? I see you sensibly ignored GM's comments about Rafa and doping
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #122
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post

How are you Linda my dearest? I see you sensibly ignored GM's comments about Rafa and doping
Are you playing football?

I am fine. I have decided just to ignore the doping comments this year (okay, maybe a few :retard: smilies for the really stupid comments) and the next step will be not even to click on the threads.

My heart sinks when I read that Rafa has been speaking out against WADA I read the newest one last night on vb, and it was only about 40 minutes later that MY posted it on GM. Of course she was supportive of Rafa's stance, and I'm sure she can't have expected some of the respnses the thread generated.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #123
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I think you were very mild, Linda I admired your restrain Or Scoobs moderating abilities
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #124
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, you'll miss RogerGOATERTHANEVER - Verdasco
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #125
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

back

adamski

you think my numpty has a snowball's chance in hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #126
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you playing football?

I am fine. I have decided just to ignore the doping comments this year (okay, maybe a few :retard: smilies for the really stupid comments) and the next step will be not even to click on the threads.

My heart sinks when I read that Rafa has been speaking out against WADA I read the newest one last night on vb, and it was only about 40 minutes later that MY posted it on GM. Of course she was supportive of Rafa's stance, and I'm sure she can't have expected some of the respnses the thread generated.
Yeah hopefully the game gets called off or something, if not I've got the problem of whether to Sky + it and not find out the score or just check the score on my phone before kick off, at half time and full time

NID when I saw the thread that Glenn would pipe up with some original comments.

I'm sure MY's sole intention was to show her support for Rafa too
Old 01-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #127
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Wow, you'll miss RogerGOATERTHANEVER - Verdasco
And the chance to see the humble one equal the record
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
back

adamski

Aren't all 3 guys left your numpty?

I'll presume you mean Verdasco. He does, if he carries on playing the way he has been. I don't think he will though, partly because it's his first slam SF and partly because Rafa is a bad match-up for him, he's been using the swinging serve out wide a lot this week but it plays into Rafa's forehand nicely.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #128
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And the chance to see the humble one equal the record
it's not over yet, jinxer

Quote:
Aren't all 3 guys left your numpty?
yes, yes they are isn't it awesome? i feel like AO'09 was tailormade for me

Quote:
I'll presume you mean Verdasco. He does, if he carries on playing the way he has been. I don't think he will though, partly because it's his first slam SF and partly because Rafa is a bad match-up for him, he's been using the swinging serve out wide a lot this week but it plays into Rafa's forehand nicely.
i did i think i'm going to sit back and cheer all winners and just enjoy the match. i'm hopeful that it'll be a good if not great one
Quote:
Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #129
country flag acionescu

Adam, I want to ask you: what is advantage and deuce court? *clueless fangirl*
Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #130
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Andreea

Think about it.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #131
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

Quote:
yes, yes they are isn't it awesome? i feel like AO'09 was tailormade for me

i did i think i'm going to sit back and cheer all winners and just enjoy the match. i'm hopeful that it'll be a good if not great one
Most slams are made for you, you're a Fedal

Surely it's better for you if Nando wins, it gives your real favourite the best chance of claiming the title
Quote:
Deuce court is the side of the court they always serve to on the first point of the game - if it goes to deuce, they're always serving to that same side e.g. Right to left (on 0-0, then 30-0, 30-30, deuce).....Advantage court is the point they'll always be serving to on the 2nd point of the game and when it's advantage e.g. Left to right (0-15, 15-30, 40-adv). Did that make sense?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #132
country flag acionescu

Quote:
Andreea

Think about it.
I am. It's not working.

Quote:
Deuce court is the side of the court they always serve to on the first point of the game - if it goes to deuce, they're always serving to that same side e.g. Right to left (on 0-0, then 30-0, 30-30, deuce).....Advantage court is the point they'll always be serving to on the 2nd point of the game and when it's advantage e.g. Left to right (0-15, 15-30, 40-adv). Did that make sense?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #133
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

andreea

i always think of it from the server's pov, the ad court runs diagonally from his left side to the receiver's right. the deuce court runs diagonally from the server's right side to the receiver's left.

maybe this diagram will be clear?

Quote:
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #134
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

I think Andreea has been on the tonight

Ok Andreea think of it like this. You know they switch sides where they're serving to after each point? Well the first point will always be from the red arrow on WG's diagram. So will the 3rd point of the game. And the 5th. So basically all the odd numbers. The advantage court, as shown by the yellow arrow on WG's diagram will always be where the 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. point of the game is started from.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #135
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see Kelli is back though WB
Ty, Adam. How are you doing?

Quote:
v$194,000 on Rafa tomorrow. And if he wins I'll put it all on him again to beat twathead in the final.
Good luck.

Quote:
back

This Fedal thing is like tossing a coin and picking either heads or tails. Now Verslutsco is added to the mix, WG?

Come on for once- declare your loyalty for ONE of them, or I'll start spamming your inbox with really bad things.

EDIT: Tennis cred saved by the addition of a visual aid.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread