RafaChat Part 30 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #91
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

bleurgh, shane warne -barf smiley-

i hope star skipped this match she would not have enjoyed it rogi!GOAT's form is looking good but it almost always looks stellar against andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #92
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post

it's awful becoming accustomed to getting quoted by metis and then being cut off cold turkey

i feel like rogiGOAT being shunned by the press
I feel for you But I am sure she can't keep you out for long. You have rogiGOAT's talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post

This is the first person that agrees with me on that. I feel so moved! I had a friend who had the most cute ears I've ever seen. Small, nicely shaped, like 2 little sea shells. Pity I let him get away.

Don't get me started about ears. There may be minors lurking

Quote:
I feel the same way. I still want to do research though.
Research is the best thing to do but sometimes I get mad because they pay so less and I feel its not worth all the hard work

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
It's biscuit. And when I checked the posts I noticed that I'm just 2 posts away of having a thousand here Do I get a party or what?
Evita, run for your life. No party and all. Soon without realizing you will have 10000
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #93
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed yesterday that posts were missing.

I had added it to BD's list of offences. I will now retract.

tbh, I struggle to believe that biscuit is as old as 18. My guess would be 14.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #94
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

biochemistry is not my field WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
Metis, if you are still here. Did you see Nalby at the AO? Holy cow, he was so thick in the middle. Not good to see, not good results either. I'm getting exasperated.
Nalby Losing to Lu in the 2nd round.

Did you see that youtube clip where the ESPN commentators were making fun of him and calling him a teletubby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Kelli, don't you dare
Hmmm... what's this all about?
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #95
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
GM has reached peak levels again.
Oh what is it then, more speculation about the doping thing? The biggest collection of idiots gather there, saying the same thing over and over. Fun lives they must lead.

Quote:
Maybe I'll torture WG for a bit more then.
Metis' sado-maso side.

Quote:
It's biscuit. And when I checked the posts I noticed that I'm just 2 posts away of having a thousand here Do I get a party or what?
Party for Evita, now completely under control of the evil thread.

Quote:
you cannot give up on nalby now
I will never give up, but it's a damn shame seeing someone so talented look like the Pillsbury Doughboy every January. He lost to someone I've never heard of, who of course, got knocked out in the next round.

Quote:
oh, this one's her favorite cookie
Hmm...I have to take a moment to decode your word play and trickery WG. Without sleep, this may be awhile.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #96
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

i noticed it this morning and the first thing i thought when i looked at the list was that BD had deleted all his posts i was so ready to send him a PM, poor thing

i had no idea he had changed his name to :bibcry:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #97
country flag dorkino

dorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond repute

[quote]
Quote:

I wish they had the system of full time uni jobs for post-MS. In the US they exist but very few.

The MS degree requirements are the same though. I had to do original research and a thesis along with coursework.

I don't have any concrete plans. I want to work in the industry for a while but its incredibly difficult to get a job. I don't want to apply for faculty because my energy and ambition have totally been drained during my PhD. So I guess I will settle for a post doc and crappy salary. But even uni's are not hiring because of this economy
Ith dthat how you spread good vibes and support to those going through this painful PhD thing?

But on a serious note, i kinda of get what you mean. I went through similar mental, financial,potential drainage going through the masters and work and i guess the PhD won't be different. But on a personal level Hema, i love teaching and though it can drive me crazy sometimes but it's a lively job.

I know it must be hard getting a job with this economy craziness going all around.How about taking some time to think it over? All the best with ur decision anyway Hema.

Quote:
Metis, I have to admit there is a thrill to being quoted by you
Ofcourse it is.

Last edited by dorkino : 01-29-2009 at 08:26 PM.
dorkino is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #98
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Evita, run for your life. No party and all. Soon without realizing you will have 10000
And that would be awful I guess I'll go back to Gulbis forum

(But I was so hoping for a party )

Edit: Kelli I knew I could count on you
-Evita- is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #99
Retired Party Hostess

Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
bleurgh, shane warne -barf smiley-
Saw him, not impressed, don't get it. I know he's a huge star in Australia, but why is an entire musical dedicated to him?

It's not like you see Ronaldo, the Musical anywhere.

Quote:
Nalby Losing to Lu int he 2nd round.
Right after he wins a title. I don't get it. If it's a choice between the two, then put all the effort into the major.

Quote:
Did you see that youtube clip where the ESPN commentators were making fun of him and calling him a teletubby?
Oh who was this, Fowler the hairy ballsack? I'm just about done with that guy and his references. Really nice to sling mud from the cheap seats.

Passive aggressive people- you know who you are you dirty little asshats - really suck.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #100
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

Quote:
it is not? didn't you say you started out in one field and then ended up in biochem or something?

Quote:
Oh what is it then, more speculation about the doping thing? The biggest collection of idiots gather there, saying the same thing over and over. Fun lives they must lead.
i did a paper on gene doping and WADA last year and i think they'd be better off focusing their energies on ways to figure out how to combat that, if they decide at all that it must be combated

Quote:
Metis' sado-maso side.
don't encourage her

Quote:
I will never give up, but it's a damn shame seeing someone so talented look like the Pillsbury Doughboy every January. He lost to someone I've never heard of, who of course, got knocked out in the next round.
mikeylicious was very happy about that because murray had lost to lu at the olympics

Quote:
Hmm...I have to take a moment to decode your word play and trickery WG. Without sleep, this may be awhile.
take your time
Quote:
Old 01-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #101
Retired Party Hostess

Quote:
Hmmm... what's this all about?
Hema made me promise to behave and not spam mtf about her career status. I was asking for permission to be excused from her edict, so I could send spam pm's to one of GM's finest contributors.

He made a mean crack about her being a simpleton, and I've got definitive proof to the contrary.

Quote:
Edit: Kelli I knew I could count on you
Of course, Evita. I am proud to be your party-throwing, Gulbis threadmate.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #102
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't get me started about ears. There may be minors lurking

Quote:
The doping, the stupid threads by ruanz etc... I think a lot of that stuff has been deleted already.

Quote:
Oh who was this, Fowler the hairy ballsack? I'm just about done with that guy and his references. Really nice to sling mud from the cheap seats.

Passive aggressive people- you know who you are you dirty little asshats - really suck.
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_oVnuLaq4o
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #103
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Feliciano. NO.

l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #104
country flag dorkino

dorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond reputedorkino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you cannot give up on nalby now

oh, this one's her favorite cookie

that's very cool same field as metis, yeah?

thanks i'm drowning in ginger tea it's very soothing. but not oranges, citrus fruits make my cold worse though i love them.
Yes it is cool but it usually also depends on the point of study one's intending to go through. Wish me Luck ladies, i'm gonna need it all.

Yes. Ginger is awesome for cold. Mmmm, try kiwi wildie, they're not as sour as oranges, Don't you like them?

Quote:
It isn't ?
What's your field Metis??

Is it just me or is MTF getting slower??

EDIT: Kitty forgive my naughtiness. How're you ??
dorkino is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #105
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Okay, okay Hema. A promise is a promise. Can I send the hourly pm's though? Considering the recipient and all....
Kelli dear, much as I like the idea, I think less personal ways of harassment would be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I noticed yesterday that posts were missing.

I had added it to BD's list of offences. I will now retract.

tbh, I struggle to believe that biscuit is as old as 18. My guess would be 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkino View Post

Ith dthat how you spread good vibes and support to those going through this painful PhD thing?

But on a serious note, i kinda of get what you mean. I went through similar mental, financial,potential drainage going through the masters and work and i guess the PhD won't be different. But on a personal level Hema, i love teaching and though it can drive me crazy sometimes but it's a lively job.

I know it must be hard getting a job with this economy craziness going all around.How about taking some time to think it over? All the best with ur decision anyway Hema.
Sorry, Noura Actually, its not only that. In the US, getting a faculty position and keeping it is not at all easy. The ratio of PhD's to faculty positions is very high. Plus the faculty have to struggle so much for funding that only the most driven survive. Added to that, I have location constraints. And I want to have kids soon and it conflicts with that as well

Quote:
Hema made me promise to behave and not spam mtf about her career status. I was asking for permission to be excused from her edict, so I could send spam pm's to one of GM's finest contributors.

He made a mean crack about her being a simpleton, and I've got definitive proof to the contrary.
That was so cryptic, Kelli. Have you decided on that tone as well
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread