RafaChat Part 30 - Page 205 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 PM   #3061
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Overjoyed Chat Thread

Ah, I see. Good luck with getting that new project then. Fingers crossed. I guess in a lot of companies it depends on how senior you are. If you are senior and valuable enough they may bear the burden for a while without you having the project.
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #3062
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Me too.

Almost.

I really want him to win RG again.
I want him to win RG definitely because that would be a nice record to have. But I really want him to also win the USO. That would be reall icing on the cake, and then I would sort of not like it if he didn't win Wimbledon again........ so I guess when you add it all up -- I want him to win everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
The danger is there if I don't get the new project because my current one should finish at the end of February. If I'm in a project it means there's a client who pays for my salary. If not then... well, you understand. I don't know what the current policy is for people with no projects.
Good luck with that kiddo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post

That's true! Haters dismissed Wimbledon as an anomaly because the grass season is so short and the other players don't have the time/are not interested in adjusting and playing well.

Now that he won the AO they'll have to shut up. Of course they'll find other ways to denigrate him.
Just more hanging black drapery and bemoaning the death of tennis and overuse of "mug." I'm hoping for something more witty. I'm thinking I should set new words to American Pie. "The day that tennis died So we were singing bye bye Federer guy. Took my Wilson to the tourney, but only could cry. The good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing this'll be the day that I die.

Couldn't really come up with anything for the last part there off the top of my head.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #3063
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Anyway, did you see this one? Hola Amigos! "Rafa's" video letter (made by ESPN)
(credit to mirsasha for uploading it, I found it on VB)
Thanks for posting that. I saw it during the tournament and tried to describe it here, but really you have to see it. "I met some nice people but they went home." It was very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Oh man that interview Mikey posted

a) It was dark at Wimbledon.
b) It's not fair that Wimbledon comes after RG, Rafa comes in with confidence.
c) I didn't serve well.
d) I gifted it to him.
e) It's not fair that Rafa's a lefty so he has the advantage on break points.
f) He's got an advantage over me by playing me so many times on clay.

Probably there was more, I can't remember.
Yeah. You left out the "I was unlucky" parts.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #3064
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Ah, I see. Good luck with getting that new project then. Fingers crossed. I guess in a lot of companies it depends on how senior you are. If you are senior and valuable enough they may bear the burden for a while without you having the project.
Thanks I think if worst comes to worst I will ask for some unpaid vacation instead of letting them fire me. But it depends on the amount of time, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Good luck with that kiddo.
You're the first one to ever call me that
Old 02-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #3065
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Thanks I think if worst comes to worst I will ask for some unpaid vacation instead of letting them fire me. But it depends on the amount of time, of course.

You're the first one to ever call me that
And to think it just came spontaneously.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #3066
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

good luck evita

i did my shopping
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #3067
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

thanks to one lurker or maybe a regular poster
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Old 02-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #3068
country flag Diorelli

Diorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond reputeDiorelli has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen this yet in GM?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...137423&page=41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Rafa's reading material on the plane.

Diorelli is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #3069
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Marcos
Old 02-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #3070
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

I just turned on Ljubicic-Troicki. I'd never noticed the weird hip motion that Troicki does when he serves
Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #3071
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

OK I don't want to send anyone into a paroxysm of joy or anything but... Pablin won another match!!!! Yes it's true, two matches in a row in a ATP MD.

Next is prolly Capdeville, which is good cuz they gotta put the homeboy on livestream but bad cuz... cadillac is playing v v well, at least he was when he kicked the shit out of schwankeleh monday...
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #3072
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Evita, hope your job will be safe

Did anyone see the news report I posted that Bangkok is trying to entice Rafa to play there? Do you think he will? Me, I really hope he does because, I can be there and watch him for sure. I am keeping my fingers crossed for that one.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #3073
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And are visually challenged.
That goes without saying

Quote:
I really want him to win RG again.
I wouldn't mind another Wimby too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
OK I don't want to send anyone into a paroxysm of joy or anything but... Pablin won another match!!!! Yes it's true, two matches in a row in a ATP MD.

Next is prolly Capdeville, which is good cuz they gotta put the homeboy on livestream but bad cuz... cadillac is playing v v well, at least he was when he kicked the shit out of schwankeleh monday...
I saw that and I actually thought of you Pablito FTW

And to keep up with you, Marcos AND Ferru won two matches in a raw too I couldn't be more happy And Pico won the 1st set. Is this bliss or what?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #3074
country flag acionescu

Potato up a break in the 2nd
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #3075
country flag Betty

ali good luck

my colleague asked me to go out tomorrow night..but..well i 'm alreadynow at 9.12 pm omg i feel so old sometime

FORZA INTER
Closed Thread