RafaChat Part 30 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #181
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,983
Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Why is there speculation about Rafa having an injury

Sometimes he just falls in love with his b/h slice
That thread was started by a guy with an ass in his avatar, who said his cousin's brother's sister's uncle heard a rumour from Jim Douchebag Courier. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
I was cheering for both of them. BUT, when they play? There is no Muz in Muzal.

KT can back me up on that.
It's the fact that he said "Chellllllllllllllllllllo" to you in a presser, innit?

BTW, Muz- sinse yew are leed editer inn Rikky's absince, wil yew ficks thiz sentince four mee, pleeaze? Thahnk yew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
la liga rm's league standing has improved, no? no chance we'll win the league but this is a bit more respectable
Absolutely, don't you think? They're in a different category now. No chance to catch Barca, but still they've done well to get back into reasonable form. No match for JesusMessi, but much better after the break.

Last edited by Kitty de Sade : 01-30-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #182
country flag Clara Bow
Registered User
 
Clara Bow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: A US state that was once its own country.
Posts: 4,978
Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread



Hi all- hope you have had a good AO.

I have had to take a break from MTF for most of the tournament. GM has just gotten to be too much. The lack of basic reading comprehension there (i.e. I don't mean language skills- but rather myopic selective reading) has started to bug the dickens out of me. [/end whining)

Between Safina in the finals, the men's final and the Steelers in the Super Bowl- it will be a sports heavy weeken.

ATP and la liga both offer a ton of eye candy imo.
__________________
I like a lot of players.
Clara Bow is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #183
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Why is there speculation about Rafa having an injury

Sometimes he just falls in love with his b/h slice
what? i thought you were saying the vb posters were overreacting or something? it better not be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
WG is as much of a tard as the rest of us. She just has a greater base that's all


Seriously though, I understand where she is coming from with respect to Verdasco. He's been a mug most of his tennis career so this sort of tourney can bring a lot of joy to a devoted fan.If she were rooting for Fed to win against Rafa in the final, then I would be at her
hema, my double account

in the event of a fedal final i have absolutely no favorites first hc slam, 14th gs --> all win/win. i will only ask for a gripping 5 setter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post

It's the fact that he said "Chellllllllllllllllllllo" to you in a presser, innit?

BTW, Muz- sinse yew are leed editer inn Rikky's absince, wil yew ficks thiz sentince four mee, pleeaze? Thahnk yew.
he said what?


Quote:
Absolutely, don't you think? They're in a different category now. No chance to catch Barca, but still they've done well to get back into reasonable form. No match for JesusMessi, but much better after the break.
so much better! i'm really looking forward to the liverpool tie now. i was convinced it was going to be a beatdown before
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #184
country flag cmurray
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,699
cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
It's the fact that he said "Chellllllllllllllllllllo" to you in a presser, innit?
Well.....there IS that. But to be fair, Andy talked to me WAY longer than Rafa did, but he doesn't pack the same punch as Rafa.

Quote:
BTW, Muz- sinse yew are leed editer inn Rikky's absince, wil yew ficks thiz sentince four mee, pleeaze? Thahnk yew.
I'd better ask him first. That's HIS job.

cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #185
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

hey CB i was just wondering where you were today

GM's gotten worse in the last week or so, i thought. but i guess there has been a lot of tennis events to precipitate that.

edit: hey star as well
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 AM   #186
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
 
l_mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41,179
l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
what? i thought you were saying the vb posters were overreacting or something? it better not be true
But now posters on GM are saying the think he is protecting a wrist injury

GM is an absolute zoo at the moment. I feel momentarily glad that Murray didn't make the semis.

Absurd levels of hatred for Rafa as usual
l_mac is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #187
country flag tennizen
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,098
tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

I seriously hope Safina beats Serena. The Williams sisters annoy me a lot although Serena is more tolerable to me than Venus. Plus Safina is the only other one showing a semblance of consistency on the WTA tour so she should get some reward for it.
__________________
“There are always moments when one feels empty and estranged.
 Such moments are most desirable, 
for it means the soul has cast its moorings and is sailing for distant places. 
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #188
country flag cmurray
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,699
cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post


Hi all- hope you have had a good AO.

I have had to take a break from MTF for most of the tournament. GM has just gotten to be too much. The lack of basic reading comprehension there (i.e. I don't mean language skills- but rather myopic selective reading) has started to bug the dickens out of me. [/end whining)

Between Safina in the finals, the men's final and the Steelers in the Super Bowl- it will be a sports heavy weeken.

ATP and la liga both offer a ton of eye candy imo.
Myopic selective reading is the GM battlecry, I think.

Nice to have you back. You should just come here and skip GM altogether.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #189
country flag Kitty de Sade
Retired Party Hostess
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,983
Kitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond reputeKitty de Sade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow View Post

ATP and la liga both offer a ton of eye candy imo.
Carrie. Truer words.

GM is just a joke, there's no point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
he said what?
Rafa saw Cheryl in the press room and did this- and then this- He followed it up with "Chellllllllllllllllllo" which is his version of "Hello," just with an accent.

Quote:
so much better! i'm really looking forward to the liverpool tie now. i was convinced it was going to be a beatdown before
What's the date on this again, WG? I'm so mixed up with sports schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
Well.....there IS that. But to be fair, Andy talked to me WAY longer than Rafa did, but he doesn't pack the same punch as Rafa.
So it IS physical, I knew it. Muz...you dirty lil' thing.

I just have one question though- how come you get away with it, and I get nutso-skitzo comments that said I wrote a blog about Gaudio because of his unit. Why are you immune and not me? I got feelings too, afterall.

Quote:
I'd better ask him first. That's HIS job.

Gosh that was extra dickish of me, wasn't it? Sorry.

No problem Muz- I got email number 18 this afternoon. Count 'em up- eighteen in the last twenty-four hours. I got a pat on the head for giving up sleep to post the Fed match within nanoseconds. Yay me.
Kitty de Sade is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #190
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
But now posters on GM are saying the think he is protecting a wrist injury

GM is an absolute zoo at the moment. I feel momentarily glad that Murray didn't make the semis.

Absurd levels of hatred for Rafa as usual


maybe they just want to hope for that because they're haters


i think the mods have lost a bit of stranglehold on gm personally. or maybe they're taking a break and letting it run its course.

the noletrolls and muzzatrolls (need a name, linda ) are still smarting from the beating they took when their faves lost. fedtards are being entirely too cocky for their own good. and all of those three tardbases are pissed rafa has a shot
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #191
country flag cmurray
Registered User
 
cmurray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 14,699
cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post


Rafa saw Cheryl in the press room and did this- and then this- He followed it up with "Chellllllllllllllllllo" which is his version of "Hello," just with an accent.
I don't remember the licking part.


Quote:
So it IS physical, I knew it. Muz...you dirty lil' thing.

I just have one question though- how come you get away with it, and I get nutso-skitzo comments that said I wrote a blog about Gaudio because of his unit. Why are you immune and not me? I got feelings too, afterall.
Because I only mention Rafa's ass on rare occasions?



Quote:
Gosh that was extra dickish of me, wasn't it? Sorry.

No problem Muz- I got email number 18 this afternoon. Count 'em up- eighteen in the last twenty-four hours. I got a pat on the head for giving up sleep to post the Fed match within nanoseconds. Yay me.
Fantastic stuff.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #192
country flag tennizen
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,098
tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post


maybe they just want to hope for that because they're haters


i think the mods have lost a bit of stranglehold on gm personally. or maybe they're taking a break and letting it run its course.

the noletrolls and muzzatrolls (need a name, linda ) are still smarting from the beating they took when their faves lost. fedtards are being entirely too cocky for their own good. and all of those three tardbases are pissed rafa has a shot
This is not meant specifically for scoobs but I don't understand the mods attitude towards GM. Even I can tell in a single glance at the GM first page which thread is meant to be trolling and which is relatively serious. I don't mean to say delete all threads you deem trolling material. But if a mod is taking action on a reported post/thread how much additional time does it take to scan through the other threads and determine if there are others like that: If that is not possible, then leave all threads alone. Another thing to do is to set a time each day, check GM, remove useless threads and keep the relatively good ones I don't understand their need to depend on reporting

Edit: This is not because I am obsessing over my thread deletion still. This is general concern
__________________
“There are always moments when one feels empty and estranged.
 Such moments are most desirable, 
for it means the soul has cast its moorings and is sailing for distant places. 
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #193
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!
 
wildegirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,835
wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

muzza hit on cheryl? cheryl, you have my sympathies (no offence to all those who inexplicably find muzza hot, variety makes the world go around and all that )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
This is not meant specifically for scoobs but I don't understand the mods attitude towards GM. Even I can tell in a single glance at the GM first page which thread is meant to be trolling and which is relatively serious. I don't mean to say delete all threads you deem trolling material. But if a mod is taking action on a reported post/thread how much additional time does it take to scan through the other threads and determine if there are others like that: If that is not possible, then leave all threads alone. Another thing to do is to set a time each day, check GM, remove useless threads and keep the relatively good ones I don't understand their need to depend on reporting

Edit: This is not because I am obsessing over my thread deletion still. This is general concern
this is not meant as a slam on scoobsy either, personally i think he's the only one still actively modding on GM but that's likely a mistaken impression.

part of it i'm sure depends on how many folks mod and what time shifts they take. so maybe a couple are completely lax and others are more stringent? i too agree that while reporting posts can help mods keep a pulse on reader's reactions to posts it cannot be the only thing that they use to mod. i sincerely hope not because that would just be a really unreliable way to mod. they've got to be more proactive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
The referee help has been pretty blatant in many CL matches for Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 AM   #194
country flag tennizen
Registered User
 
tennizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 27,098
tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Ok I think I'm off to bed. Nite WG and anyone else here

Verdasco
__________________
“There are always moments when one feels empty and estranged.
 Such moments are most desirable, 
for it means the soul has cast its moorings and is sailing for distant places. 
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-30-2009, 01:40 AM   #195
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,413
Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post

GM is an absolute zoo at the moment. I feel momentarily glad that Murray didn't make the semis.
dead to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post

I'm watching a rerun of the Snooker Masters final
dead to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty de Sade View Post
Rafa saw Cheryl in the press room and did this- and then this- He followed it up with "Chellllllllllllllllllo" which is his version of "Hello," just with an accent.

So it IS physical, I knew it. Muz...you dirty lil' thing.
Muz and Rafatitio also find Cheryl shagadelic EHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
I saw this on TV and had to look it up in Youtube. A parrot petting a cat

weird!



Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Did I miss Mikey mate here?
Anyway, Fed has the 14th in the bag. NID.


nah, seen this all before - Fed playing great and into a final v Nadal > still loses.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios